Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Xenor View Post
    Gil = time. You might have lots of time to replace your gil but some of us don't.
    Relics/Darklight = time too so if there's an argument for removing gil there's an argument for removing everything in your inventory down to the last fire shard.
    Both are equally retarded arguments and SE would never do such a thing.
    I'm actually at work and other places more than I'm at home... soooooo.... ya.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sounsyy View Post
    I'm sorry, but I beg to differ. This would be true if players ONLY bought things from npc at npc prices.

If I have 5 million gil in 1.0 and then I go into 2.0 and now I suddenly have 500k. You must be some kind of gullible to expect that people are going to be putting new gear/triple melded gear/whatever up on markets for 500k or less. Players who put gear up for 2mil gil on markets in 1.0 are not going to put that same piece of gear up on 2.0 markets for 200k. It's still going to go up for 1-2mil. But unless you had 10-20mil in 1.0, this once affordable item is now WAY out of your price range.
    Ah. And you, sir, also seem to fail at understanding how redenomination works. You see, once they do this in 2.0 putting up an item that used to be up for 1m up for 100k will be the same. Anyone who understands this will not want to pay a dime more. Also any sellers who understand this will likely drop the price of something that was 1m before to something like 300-500k just to attempt to trick the geniuses who think they're getting lucky by buying those when in actuality they're being ripped off. Even that will last maybe a week or 2 before people catch on.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sounsyy View Post
    Because this is exactly what happened with class only armor/weapons, triple melds selling for 10mil+, giantsgall weapons, sellable militia gear, explorer's jewelry, etc... NOT. None of these pieces have dropped drastically in price just because no one is buying them. Players want their money. You either pay up the 6mil+ or you're not buying my Militia Bracelets. They can stay in wards til Judgement Day but I'm not going to drop them down to 600k.

EDIT: Also, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he didn't have 71.8mil in 1.0.
    I'm sorry... did a redenomination occur before now in XIV? Oh it didn't? Ok then... cool story bro.

Comparing basic supply/demand price changes with what would happen in a redenomination shows how lost you are. I urge you to educate yourself on what redenomination means.

Anyone who knows how it works will immediately drop their prices on say... the militia bracelets to something close to 600k because they understand that 600k is the new 6mil. When people start dropping you can keep yours up for 6mil until Skynet starts bombing the world if you'd like... nobody will care.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seventh Element
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Regardless of what was meant by redenomination.

The timing of this announcement stinks.

Isn't it strange that they wait untill the end of continuous billing...

"Character data and progress for players already playing the PC version will also be preserved"
    You could almost call it false advertising. I'm sure there are many who would have thought twice about subscribing had they known this was going to happen.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Well redenomination doesn't remove wealth or progress but rather redefines it. Therefore they haven't lied.

On the other hand if they keep the current denomination of gil and only lower the cap to below 100m they risk violating that promise for anyone who is unable to distribute any extra wealth.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seventh Element
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    You are kidding yourself if you think that lowering npc prices in ARR will make things cheaper on the market wards/auction.

For this to work they would need to make all game items available for purchase from npc shops.

Supply and demand will always reflect in the market price otherwise. So in effect it is a reduction in wealth.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Sigh...

I honestly wish they would just rename it as realm gil or something easier and say how everyone's gil will be exchanged to it at a rate of 1 realm gil = 10 gil.

This way even the most stubborn of us can comprehend it.

Then after about a month they can just revert the name back to gil without changing anything else.

So many of you seem to misunderstand that after this redenomination putting something that used to be up for 1m at 100k will result in the SAME PROFIT.

If you don't understand how that works, then you need to learn what redenomination means and how it works. Many countries have done this.

That is why I say the few who understand how it works will have absolutely no trouble putting things up for 10% of what they used to be because anything greater is a rip off.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Also I never said people would lower prices in the wards BECAUSE of the NPC prices being lowered.

If anything it's more accurate to say that people will lower market wards prices because everyone's 1 gil will be worth 10x what it used to be.

/gath
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seventh Element
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

So now you resort to insulting my intelligence because you can't validate your arguement.

You have a wooden head.
    (3)
    Last edited by Sev; 09-17-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sev View Post

So now you result to insulting my intelligence because you can't validate your arguement.

You have a wooden head.
    Wai... what.. LOL.

Oh please... tell me. Where did I insult YOUR intelligence?

I'm here trying to help people understand how redenomination works. I mean if you want to stop discussing then that's fine, no need to falsely accuse me to make yourself feel better.
    (1)

Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast