Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100
    Player
    Character
    Chin Chilla
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I wasn't aware they clarified this issue, and I'm glad they did. 1/10th really isn't a big deal.... I'd go on about how I don't understand why people are flipping out, but it's been beaten to death.

I think it's a bold move on SE's part that ensures that our economy keeps working w/o being over inflated like crazy. I do feel bad for carpenters though, I know most people w/CRP make their gil via arrow sales. Maybe make all the throwing weapons crafted by CRPs? Just a thought!

It'll be shaky for like 2 days, then everything will even up.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyretta_Blaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    Perhaps we should stop trying to reasonably set people straight about this. Instead, level crafts for 2.0 and when it hits, sell everything for the new 10%-ish value.

You'll look like you're undercutting the market, but you'll actually be selling it for the same 1.0 value in 2.0 currency, and people will compare your item sold at 20k against the same item sold by everyone else at 200k.

You'll come out with the profit and you'll make the first steps to stabilizing the market.
    That was my plan even before the gil change was announced. I'm going to craft a ton of low and mid level gear and sell it for a reasonable price... If some jerk comes along and buys it up and lists it higher I will start giving it away...
    Same for me. I even do that now.
    I don't really care about a "stabilized" economy if I consider the prices not representing the real value of the items.
    Selling at the market ward currently represent only 25% of my earnings, I don't care losing a bit if it's to sell faster and more, at a price that I consider to be more reasonable.

And when I find an item at an outrageous price, I flood the market with it at my price. That usually do the trick for a couple weeks.

People will come out of it with the same purchase power as they have now. That's what counts, not the amount of digits.
    If you still feel insecure, just look at this before going to bed:

2,000,000 gil now -> 200,000,0 gil then.
    six zeros! -> six zeros!
    (1)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Geesus Ravenheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I understand economics and I know all this makes sense in the long run and hopefully it will go as planned but, if I PERSONALLY knew that making Gil wasn't going to be as difficult as I found it in XI (not the same for others I know) then I wouldn't be so :-s about this. Not going to flip out but I'm not going to say I'm not concerned as well. It felt good to be able to hold a solid 1-2 Mil amount on my character in XIV and therefore the stress of not being able to afford something in game was removed for me. I hope this continues with 2.0 as well. I definitely won't be quitting because of this I'm still excited and all just hope it doesn't effect me as much as my unfounded worries are making me THINK it will. lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    i personally believe the buying power is drastically going to change in 2.0, but the gil change is going to have alot less to do with it than other changes going into the game are.

the biggest issue that's going to affect your buying power will be the crafting changes. to say you can't craft a recipe until you get the recipe for it is going to drastically affect the prices of every item in the wards.

let's look at an example.
    Darksteel Huebergeon
    Garlean Steel Plate
    Darksteel Ingot
    Hippogryph Leather
    Undyed Felt
    Darksteel Nugget

that's 5 items and you are going to have to wait until 5 people get lucky and get those recipes to be able to craft those items. that's just to be able to get the materials to make them. now you then have to wait until someone gets the recipe in their book to be able to make that single piece of gear. the first person that gets that recipe for any part of that synth can sell those items for whatever they want and you can either pay them or not get the gear you are after.

the biggest advice is anything you know you will be needing come 2.0 you better stock up on now because when 2.0 comes out just with the crafting changes it may be a long time until it makes it into the wards and then even longer before they become affordable.
    (0)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarpoet1 View Post
    i personally believe the buying power is drastically going to change in 2.0, but the gil change is going to have alot less to do with it than other changes going into the game are.

the biggest issue that's going to affect your buying power will be the crafting changes. to say you can't craft a recipe until you get the recipe for it is going to drastically affect the prices of every item in the wards.

let's look at an example.
    Darksteel Huebergeon
    Garlean Steel Plate
    Darksteel Ingot
    Hippogryph Leather
    Undyed Felt
    Darksteel Nugget

that's 5 items and you are going to have to wait until 5 people get lucky and get those recipes to be able to craft those items. that's just to be able to get the materials to make them. now you then have to wait until someone gets the recipe in their book to be able to make that single piece of gear. the first person that gets that recipe for any part of that synth can sell those items for whatever they want and you can either pay them or not get the gear you are after.

the biggest advice is anything you know you will be needing come 2.0 you better stock up on now because when 2.0 comes out just with the crafting changes it may be a long time until it makes it into the wards and then even longer before they become affordable.
    I would expect that most recipe book entries would be based on level. For instance, if you get level 10, all recipes of that class up to level 15 or 20 automatically unlock. The only exceptions would be super rare things as a result of quest rewards or the like but I don't think anything we can make freely now will later be restricted by that. That's just a theory mind you but I'm pretty confident in it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by mbncd View Post
    I would expect that most recipe book entries would be based on level. For instance, if you get level 10, all recipes of that class up to level 15 or 20 automatically unlock. The only exceptions would be super rare things as a result of quest rewards or the like but I don't think anything we can make freely now will later be restricted by that. That's just a theory mind you but I'm pretty confident in it.
    i actually hope you are correct, but seeing the response to the question that rein translated has me more worried. they mentioned questing and adding recipes you are given to your book. it worries my you may have to do like a quest to make gloves as weavers and can't make any type of gloves at all until they complete it. that or you will get recipes from leve completions like we did originally and then everyone would be spamming leves hoping to be the first to get that one good new recipe. if it's like leves are now you may do 1000 leves and never get any single recipe you actually want to use.
    (0)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100