Hybrid View

Player
    Character
    Kato Kinko
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on Wii U? Possibility?

So they showed the "Wii U" about it's Features, Price, Release date, ect.
    The Technical specifications where also shown and I see it is more powerful than the PS3 or Xbox 360 like some people said it would.
    (or at lest more memory then either one) 2GB Total {1GB for games, 1 GB for system software}

I think I remember Yoshi-P saying about "After" they get the game working on the PS3, that they might port the game to other consoles as well. [Correct me if I'm wrong]

Do you believe the game could run on the Wii U?
    Do you think Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on the Wii U is a fun idea?
    Do you think it could do something cool with the UI with the gamepad?
    Should they just stay away from the Wii U?

Mainly, what are your thoughts on the idea?
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Meneyota Kunyaa
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    personally, I don't think the Wii U is going to be around long enough for a MMO to really take off on it.

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandastirfry View Post
    personally, I don't think the Wii U is going to be around long enough for a MMO to really take off on it.
    Um... what makes you think the Wii U is going to just die? The Wii lasted as long as its competitors with no problems.

Please stop stereotyping Nintendo as having shitty hardware. The Wii U is modern, has HD support, and the GamePad controller would be a good input device for the game ( could type on the screen for chat). While I'd stop short of saying I'd buy the game on the console, as I'd rather just use my PC, It's not a bad idea.

The days of the nintendo console not getting the multiplatformed games are over. The next COD game, the next <popular game here>, they are all going to be on the Wii U as well as the other platforms. Games like Zombi U continue to show that Nintendo is no longer afraid to have more mature titles.

The only thing truly bad about the Wii U is the godforsaken name.

Not to mention, they just announced Monster hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii-U and 3DS. Sorry, but I'm a hardcore monster hunter fan, so I'm sold already
    OMG.... So am I. I immediately put in a preorder as soon as that was announced.

By the way, Monster Hunter used to be exclusively on Sony consoles. Every game in development since MH3 other than MHP3rd (only in japan) is now on Nintendo hardware. Recently sony and MS have been practically shoving their customers away with their antiquated policies, especially in regards to downloadable games- often causing such games to be inferior to the PC versions of those games.

Also: Fact- Wii did not "fail." It was the most successful of the three, especially in its first few years. It *specifically* failed with the hardcore gamer user-base. Outside of that, it was a smashing success. Now, with the Wii U, NIntendo is clearly trying to change that.

Oh, as other people have stated: No more friend codes.
    (4)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-15-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandastirfry View Post
    they already sold out, and nintendo aint going no where. people really love them they just jump on the hate bandwagon but buy everything they make.
    the wii-u is as strong as a low grade pc thats a few times stronger then the pre 2000 pc stats the ps3 has.
    (1)

Character
    Justice Reborn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I have to say, even if it was, I'm fine with the PC or PS3 version. Wii U = {No thanks.}
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Quichy Sturmbruch
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 59
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeReborn View Post
    I have to say, even if it was, I'm fine with the PC or PS3 version. Wii U = {No thanks.}
    and for what reason? ;XD

Quote Originally Posted by Lum View Post
    The Wii U will be nintendos downfall. Like what was sai above it wont be around long enough for it to matter. Why are they calling this a console anyway?
    Well a console in old days didnt compete with pc when it comes to graphics and the price itself. this is since MS and Sony are competing.

a console does not need highend graphics. and i think it would be great for FFXIV the morenew players it could potentially attract-
    and wont be around long enough for it to matter? how long do you think the PS3 will last? 1-2 years till the PS4 comes out??

sorry.. ridiculous arguments

besides that i think the WiiU is much better than the wii. because it uses a more classic gamepad control combined with a tablet and streaming technology (from pc to tablet and the way around) i think the Wii U will do well.

it has the exact same number of buttons like the ps3 controller (4 shoulder buttons etc.) + touchscreen function.

Quote Originally Posted by Arock View Post
    On topic: I don't like the WiiU. The tablet just complicates things. MMOs are complicated enough already.
    eh more complicated? same number of buttons it has.. + touch screen.. the touchscreen could be used to drag and drop items like in the PC version, to select targets... or to chat with people..
    you could stream the game onto your tablet to play (craft) while watching TV..

i hate the fact that i cant watch television while playing on a console. with a Wii U you can.. like with a PC. i think its assum.

right it "complicates" it.. i rather would say it would be just more perfect than a ps3 controller for an MMO.
    (4)
    Last edited by Tonkra; 09-24-2012 at 03:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Moe Jax
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    The Wii U will be nintendos downfall. Like what was sai above it wont be around long enough for it to matter. Why are they calling this a console anyway?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Azran Hayat
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lum View Post
    If the Virtual Boy didn't kill them this surely won't either
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Meneyota Kunyaa
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    If the Virtual Boy didn't kill them this surely won't either
    while it won't kill 'em, It may kill their home console division, bet after the Wii U we're only ever going to see handhelds from Nintendo

Player
    Character
    Chardut Mazzma
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    No gaming console is better suited for RPGs and MMO than the Wii U simply because of the tablet.
    (13)

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast