Player
    Character
    Vax Redrick
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Poll: Obtaining gil method [Craft VS Farm]

Maybe it was discussed before and i apologize if there is another thread like this. Also, i'm not asking the way how to get gil on FFXIV 1.0 . It's a discussion about which way do you preffer to get gil on 2.0.

I'll use FFXI as an example, sorry if you hate the comparision between XI and XIV. Long time ago people used to get more money from craft than farming, but this, more with abyssea and the dynamis reform, started to change, able to farm coins easily of dynams or doing exp party on abyssea to expand Cruor to get gil.

After this being said, what do you preffer? Making money using craft or having to farm?, farm maybe not in the way that kill a thing to get an item, maybe can be the same way as abyssea, for example: get "X point" obtained after complete F.A.T.E (full active time event) to expend it on an item and sell it. Note that this one could be similar that what happened on XIV 1.0 last month with atomos event, people farming crystals to get seals then expend them for an item to sell on NPC.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vax Redrick
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Like here if you preffer CRAFT.
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Vax Redrick
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Like here if you preffer FARM.
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Cedri Vastal
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Prepare your wallets.
    (0)

Character
    Skye Windbinder
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67
    Farming is much more preferable to me.

Crafting is a pain in the you-know-what, in my opinion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    I do what-ever nets me the most profit. So both really.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Cedri Vastal
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyeWindbinder View Post

I was on a double crafter's salary... and I can pretty much safely say that crafting is the better direction.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyeWindbinder View Post

Agreed. Makes sense why crafting should be more profitable!
    (2)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Einsof Zeb
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I don't know about other players, but I've always preferred that much gil come from a variety of sources rather than just one major source; either farming or crafting. Since we're making XI comparisons...what I did was that I'd go camping several NM's several times a week with a few buddies and we'd sell/split the loot. That was a major source of income. When I couldn't do that, I'd hop on my craft, farm the necessary mats or buy them and then make a little gil that way. Later if I just wanted to get a little gil I'd go farming, but farming was probably the thing I did least since it's very monotonous to me to kill the same mob over and move again.

So yeah, I like combining different methods rather than just sticking with one.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Vax Redrick
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by EinSoFZ View Post
    I don't know about other players, but I've always preferred that much gil come from a variety of sources rather than just one major source; either farming or crafting. Since we're making XI comparisons...what I did was that I'd go camping several NM's several times a week with a few buddies and we'd sell/split the loot. That was a major source of income. When I couldn't do that, I'd hop on my craft, farm the necessary mats or buy them and then make a little gil that way. Later if I just wanted to get a little gil I'd go farming, but farming was probably the thing I did least since it's very monotonous to me to kill the same mob over and move again.

So yeah, I like combining different methods rather than just sticking with one.
    Indeed i preffer a both of them too. I loved to go with friends and do some BCNM, KSNM, ENM, then i used to camp Despot alone, it took time but so much fun there .
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast