Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Player

I say whether they port it to the Wii U or not depends on 2.0's success.

It comes down to production cost and profitability, developing on a new console isn't cheap and they've already put 100-200mil (or more) into this game. 2.0/ps3 launch will have to show them it's profitable, they've already spent so much money on the two versions they've produced if it's not crystal clear that it would be profitable they won't risk it.

If 2.0 is a big success then it comes down to if Nintendo's going to work with them. XI was never ported to the Wii mainly because of it's online service (the friend code thing).

And to those betting against the Wii U... I'm definitely not a fanboy (don't even own a Wii) but the preorders are sold out and I believe they have a Japanese bundle launching with monster hunter 3? It has the chance to have the best console launch in history, or at least in Japan. Anybody who's already calling it a failure has no idea what they're talking about.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Faris Leonhart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61
    I just don't like the idea of (Region-lock) from nintendo which makes me stay with PS3 & PC, for FFXIV on Wii u ~ some people might like it but not me.
    (0)

Player

This game needs something like the Wuu remote, so I can surf the web for recipes that the game can't remember, or / commands that ain't documented in game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
    This game needs something like the Wuu remote, so I can surf the web for recipes that the game can't remember, or / commands that ain't documented in game.
    Or just use the ingame recipe book coming with ARR
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Strawberry Dragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61
    alot of ppl here seem to be able to predict the future ... i believe the wiiu will be alot more popular than than ps3 or xbox 360. The hardware should be able to handle ARR better than ps3. SE already published a MMO for the WII and plans the same one one WIIU.

So yes i think ARR could be ported to WIIU but not earlier than 2014, no sense in porting if the console is not distributed enough
    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoMorley View Post
    And to those betting against the Wii U... I'm definitely not a fanboy (don't even own a Wii) but the preorders are sold out and I believe they have a Japanese bundle launching with monster hunter 3? It has the chance to have the best console launch in history, or at least in Japan. Anybody who's already calling it a failure has no idea what they're talking about.
    (0)
    Last edited by GinTama; 09-25-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Huginn Aesir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona4me View Post
    I just don't like the idea of (Region-lock) from nintendo which makes me stay with PS3 & PC, for FFXIV on Wii u ~ some people might like it but not me.
    I am sorry, did you just say that your solution for nintendo region locking the Wii U was to go to the PS3 which has a lineage of being region locked from the playstation on? Sony region locks all hardware, whether it be handheld or console.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Arock View Post
    Actually, Dreamcast failed because it said "Sega" on it. It never got the chance it deserved.

On topic: I don't like the WiiU. The tablet just complicates things. MMOs are complicated enough already.
    You have to be trolling about why the DC failed, as well as the WiiU being complicated.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lady Gaga
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
    Considering that the 3DS already lets you browse the web mid game, and that the Wii U is reserving a ridiculous amount of memory for system tasks, it will be very likely that even during online games you will be able to browse on the Wii U.

I mean the system alone has 4x as much RAM as the entire PS3, and the game is fully allocated the same amount to use exclusively itself, so this is not a limitation that is going to be of concern.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pawky Schmawky
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Might as well go back to FFXi if you wanna play with those graphics again WiiU = ntu
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Draconas View Post
    Might as well go back to FFXi if you wanna play with those graphics again WiiU = ntu
    Too bad we've seen that the WiiU does just fine in the graphical department lol.
    (0)

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast