Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Ok so I have the hat. As of right now my gear is:
    Mogfork
    Grid officer's overcoat
    Serpent sergeant belt (because nothing else)
    Felt Bracers (Single meld STR +11, trying to double meld this)
    Grid Officer's cap
    AF pants
    AF boots
    Serpent Sergeant's Earrings (filler)
    Serpent Sergeant's Bracelets (filler)
    Serpent Sergeant's Choker
    Rubellite Ring +1 x2

I come out with 326 STR, 279 PIE 529 Attack power
    Any suggestions on what I should do to earn more PIE?
    (0)

Player

You won't need the bracelets at all (lt. weapon counts toward its own set bonus). Definitely replace that with rubellite, even if it's just NQ.

Serpent belt isn't necessary either, so whatever you can get with relevant stats would be better. Veteran's Field Belt for str/acc, Scarlet Sash for piety, Explorer's Belt for crit, raptorskin melded with -enmity, etc.

When I used the lieutenant spear, the earring was my filler for set bonus. No better options for that sadly, but at least it's only compromising 5 atk.

As far as piety, you can go with double melded int/pie pants (which could also be useful for blm and maybe mnk) or double str/vit (also good for war, mnk, maybe pld). If you go with double str pants, you can probably swap out at least one str ring for piety. AF pants are better than any single meld though.

You'll be at roughly the str cap for mogfork (330str/290pie roughly) if you swap in a rubellite bracelet. To further augment piety you can eat Jerked Beef for attak power or Stuffed Cabbage for accuracy. You'll get 7 more piety in addition to the atk/acc, which will put you pretty close to piety cap as well.

When you upgrade to either serpent lieutenant or garuda's spear, the caps will go up to about 350/310, so double melded pants and bracers will help a lot there.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Perin View Post
    You won't need the bracelets at all (lt. weapon counts toward its own set bonus). Definitely replace that with rubellite, even if it's just NQ.

Serpent belt isn't necessary either, so whatever you can get with relevant stats would be better. Veteran's Field Belt for str/acc, Scarlet Sash for piety, Explorer's Belt for crit, raptorskin melded with -enmity, etc.

When I used the lieutenant spear, the earring was my filler for set bonus. No better options for that sadly, but at least it's only compromising 5 atk.

As far as piety, you can go with double melded int/pie pants (which could also be useful for blm and maybe mnk) or double str/vit (also good for war, mnk, maybe pld). If you go with double str pants, you can probably swap out at least one str ring for piety. AF pants are better than any single meld though.

You'll be at roughly the str cap for mogfork (330str/290pie roughly) if you swap in a rubellite bracelet. To further augment piety you can eat Jerked Beef for attak power or Stuffed Cabbage for accuracy. You'll get 7 more piety in addition to the atk/acc, which will put you pretty close to piety cap as well.

When you upgrade to either serpent lieutenant or garuda's spear, the caps will go up to about 350/310, so double melded pants and bracers will help a lot there.
    I was considering Felt Gaskins (which have natural Piety on them) and double melding with INT/PIE (The sad thing is I'd have to replace my melded Colliseum Loincloth at that point. Not a huge loss I guess)

I do really want the Ifrit lance more then my lieutenant lance (Will attempt for Garuda's sometime later) but it seems I'm running low on options for that. I guess I'll also pick up a Scarlet Sash in the mean time also.

Also I heard that the Officer pieces count toward set bonus, is this true?
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by NintenPyjak64 View Post
    I was considering Felt Gaskins (which have natural Piety on them) and double melding with INT/PIE (The sad thing is I'd have to replace my melded Colliseum Loincloth at that point. Not a huge loss I guess)

I do really want the Ifrit lance more then my lieutenant lance (Will attempt for Garuda's sometime later) but it seems I'm running low on options for that. I guess I'll also pick up a Scarlet Sash in the mean time also.

Also I heard that the Officer pieces count toward set bonus, is this true?
    Ifrit's lance, if you can get it, is definitely better than mogfork unless you really need the extra acc even after eating food (you probably don't in a full party situation), but the higher dps on the lieutenant spear (not to mention acc and almost as much atk) trumps ifrit's harpoon. In general it's relic > garuda > lieutenant > ifrit > mog, with skirmish fitting in there at various points depending on how many and which melds you put on it.

As far as set bonus completion, any green item you buy with seals from your gc will count toward the set including the weapon itself. This includes officer gear as well as things like the lvl40 m.acc shield (great for blm).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Perin View Post
    Ifrit's lance, if you can get it, is definitely better than mogfork unless you really need the extra acc even after eating food (you probably don't in a full party situation), but the higher dps on the lieutenant spear (not to mention acc and almost as much atk) trumps ifrit's harpoon. In general it's relic > garuda > lieutenant > ifrit > mog, with skirmish fitting in there at various points depending on how many and which melds you put on it.

As far as set bonus completion, any green item you buy with seals from your gc will count toward the set including the weapon itself. This includes officer gear as well as things like the lvl40 m.acc shield (great for blm).
    That shield is amazing isn't it, lol. I pair it up with my Lightning Brand +1, though I'm still lacking m acc

I just don't like the GC lances for some reason (mainly spite of the Storm trident I guess). I'd prefer a Primal lance over a GC one, but that's personal preference
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2