Player
    Character
    Mythic Angel
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50

When you think of Final Fantasy

When you think of Final Fantasy, what do you see or think of?

Now it is just not this game, I mean every title starting from the very first one if you started. This could be about one title that got you hooked on this game.

What really started my adventure in this title was the very first one, however the third one I think was one of them I really enjoyed the most. When i think of Final Fantasy as a whole, I think of a great story that involves many people and each of these people also have stories to add in on the story. The stories also branch out and combine with the people, so it is more like several stories all wrapped up into one. With all these people i also think that it involves the fate of the world coming to an end or changing in an evil way. You go through good times and bad times and learn who these people are and you feel like you join them on the quest.

Out of all the games I think Final Fantasy VI and VII captured the heart of this ideal. What do you guys think of?
    (0)
    Last edited by Mythicangel; 09-13-2012 at 04:28 AM.

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    VII was the first Final Fantasy for me.

I think of planetary crisis, air ship, summons, swords, large cities, and empires.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nel Artux
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Overpowered spell animation for minor damages , Awesome bad guys ( with cool long hair ) , epicness , world destruction , tears , awesome music , shitty gameplay ( imo )
    (0)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I think awesome story... VII IX X and XII
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seigyoku Cypher
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 66
    Final Fantasy IV more or less sums it up for me. I started with the very first on NES, but IV (II in the U.S. at the time) will always be 'my' Final Fantasy X) I will never say it's better than any of the others, and I'm endearingly aware of all of its flaws, but I still love the original SNES soundtrack over any remake I've heard since. X)

My favorite airship will always be the Enterprise. No, not because of Trek; Cid's Enterprise in Final Fantasy IV was my first Enterprise, it's what got me into Trek. :3
    (0)
    "Ul'dah can keep their dusty markets, and their streets paved in silver and gold.
    Limsa Lominsa keep your pirates, and your ships covered in musty mold.
    My loyalty lies with Gridania, with the Moogles and the tree spirits of old." -The Forky Conjurer

Player
    Character
    Hazel Meade
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 51
    I think of a story that starts out as a personal one and grows to include the fate of the world. A wide open world and a sense of adventure and danger.

I think of NPC's that say clever things, dancers that twirl around the tavern and homes where I plunder potions from pots. Saving my gil because I suspect I'm about to get to a new town where I can buy my next oversized sword.

I think of princesses and love stories and the bad guy that gets in the way. Getting stuck and talking to every npc in a town to find my way. Exploring caves, castles and ruins to get this or that item that some NPC needs.

I think of wandering too far out and being squished by ogres. Secret passages and time travel. Head-scratching plots and epic boss battles.

Also, fantastic music, chocobos, tents, canoes, ships, airships, crystals, summons, magic, Cid and all the usual suspects.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pyretta_Blaze; 09-13-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    J'hyan Tia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Let's also not forget that final boss fight where said boss goes into Tetsuo-mode and mutates into a human-faced, sixteen-winged, four-breasted, giant purple alien in a swirling, star-filled background doing 9999 AoE damage
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Wonder how out of all it's numbered games and spin-offs I think of two things.

Why was Final Fantasy Mystic Quest never deemed a number, when I feel it was better than FF1 & 2?

Secondly, out of all it's games, how do they only have 1 cool mage, Vivi?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ashley Zeibel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Crystals, zippers and belts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nel Artux
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    zippers and belt is more KH than FF .
    Ansem seeker of darkness clothes are 90 % belt !
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast