(0)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    The art of alchemy has been touted in the past to be able to turn cheap mineral such as Lead into precious metal such as gold. So definitely the latter.

Unless you were trolling us, in which case... grats?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Please Relax
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Thanks for the reply. And I was being serious.

Neither of the two choices seemed logical, I have never made anything out of lead (the metal) as an alchemist in game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Allen Makenshi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 72
    Alchemist in real life refers to a mythical history of chemistry scientists to make the philosopher stone, a magical-like element. I think they exclude metal transformation in Alchemist because they also have GSM/BSM in the game. I think Potions and Crystals really fits the Alchemist as the "mythical" idea of an Alchemist makes it's relevant magical creations (potions/magical crystals) make actual sense, at least in my perspective.

I think what make GSM/BSM (/~ARM) different especially is that they just make refined metals from the raw ones, like Iron Ore to Iron Ingot. For an Alchemist it would be able to manipulate the actual atoms in the metals or whatever material that consists of protons/neutrons/electrons, and thus contain energy. The Alchemist could make new synthetic metals from existing ones. If you would really drive this point the Alchemist could be the ultimate crafter, as a "bender" of elements, a Quantum Engineer :P, but it's not really logical to the game's structure.
    (1)
    Last edited by Allendar_Makenshi; 10-03-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Clover Kitty
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by TohruHonda View Post
    Thanks for the reply. And I was being serious.

Neither of the two choices seemed logical, I have never made anything out of lead (the metal) as an alchemist in game.
    While Alchemist in game cannot really turn lead into gold (there is not any lead in the game anyway). It is probably based on RL Alchemy which has been able to successfully turn lead into gold. This is one example, however with google you can see that there are numerous examples including how it would be possible.

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/genera.../aa050601a.htm

One example of creation of new metal would be Rose Gold. (copper and 2x Gold ore) I am sure there are other examples I just can't think of off the top of my head.

Either way this title reference is more a note that you Alchemy skill has reach the level that this would be possible (if there was a recipe and materials available)
    (0)