Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    How do you know triple melded gear is going to be good in 2.0. See what I did there? Stop spotting nonsense, I didn't tell him to not get double/triple melds, I said if he has the gil and time to go for it, but besides that you can do everything in this game SOOOOOOOOOOO EASY ALREADY that you don't need the melded gear. Also with the whole 1:1 ratio melded gear is suppose to be with raid gear in 2.0 that would also make melded maybe not worth it in 2.0. Would you like to put words in my mouth more or? Again, read my post.
    This is really the kind of mentality that I hate. It could be -just as good- as raid gear so it's not worth it all of a sudden?
    Look at what you're typing before you post.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eliseus Kayne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyNeudaiz View Post
    This is really the kind of mentality that I hate. It could be -just as good- as raid gear so it's not worth it all of a sudden?
    Look at what you're typing before you post.
    Did I say that? Show me where please. Kthanks

I'd like to point out that not once did I say not to get melded. I said that essentially (if you actually read it you would understand what I was saying) you DON'T NEED MELDED GEAR FOR ANYTHING AT ALL IN GAME RIGHT NOW BUT IF YOU HAVE THE GIL OR TIME FOR IT GO FOR IT BUT IT ISN'T NEEDED. /waits for next quote where apparently I said something I didn't say.
    (1)
    Last edited by Eliseus; 09-19-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sounsyy Mirke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Don't be rude. I have not put words in your mouth. I have simply disagreed and given my explanation as to why. Do I have to quote you on each line of your post to prove that I have read your post numerous times? I am aware that you said "Now if you have time to waste and gil, I'd go all day for those melds..." and I replied in my post that yes, you do have the time ("you literally have two months left of 1.0 where there's nothing better to do.") and the accessibility to gil("You have a million ways to make easy gil, easy seals, plenty of inventory space, and there's plenty of mats at very low prices on the markets.").

I didn't tell him to not get double/triple melds
    Here are all the times you have advocated against melded gear:

I personally wouldn't waste your gil or time trying to meld at all on your PLD
    without these melds that everyone keeps suggesting you get.
    you really don't need them, at all.
    you really don't need melded gear on pld, at all
    you can do everything in this game SOOOOOOOOOOO EASY ALREADY that you don't need the melded gear.
    Also with the whole 1:1 ratio melded gear is suppose to be with raid gear in 2.0 that would also make melded maybe not worth it in 2.0.
    I think I read your posts more than you, but sure, I'll bite. There is no way to know for sure if double/triple melded gear will be any good in 2.0. But there is also no way to know that it won't. And I think that giving a new tank the impression that he/she shouldn't continually strive to improve their gear by saying 1.0 is "easy" or it "may be not worth it in 2.0" is piss-poor advice.

you can do everything in this game SOOOOOOOOOOO EASY ALREADY
    To some people this game is not so easy and that is why they post asking for advice on ways they can improve. In my posts I have outlined ways for the OP to improve his gear, starting with militia set and working his way up from there - to decent melds, to darklight, to better melds if necessary. Your great pearl of wisdom was "you really don't need melded gear on pld, at all, except maybe melded belt." This is why I disagree with your posts. You're not trying to help a new player move forward. Your main idea, your thesis, your point, whatever you want to call it sums up as your effort isn't worth it.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Did I say that? Show me where please. Kthanks

I'd like to point out that not once did I say not to get melded. I said that essentially (if you actually read it you would understand what I was saying) you DON'T NEED MELDED GEAR FOR ANYTHING AT ALL IN GAME RIGHT NOW BUT IF YOU HAVE THE GIL OR TIME FOR IT GO FOR IT BUT IT ISN'T NEEDED. /waits for next quote where apparently I said something I didn't say.
    You are being uncontructive, rude and unhelpful as always.

I'll grant you your request though.
    Also with the whole 1:1 ratio melded gear is suppose to be with raid gear in 2.0 that would also make melded maybe not worth it in 2.0.
    Sounsyy beat me to the post and it basically points out what else I was going to say and I'll leave it at that.
    (3)
    Last edited by AmyNeudaiz; 09-19-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sounsyy Mirke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    It could be -just as good- as raid gear so it's not worth it all of a sudden?
    Did I say that? Show me where please.
    Straight from the horse's mouth:

(2)
    Last edited by Sounsyy; 09-19-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    I'd also like to add that you do, in fact need good double melded and good U/U gear in order to do the harder content otherwise the timer runs out every time. I feel like I've had this particular debate before..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I'd also like to add that you do, in fact need good double melded and good U/U gear in order to do the harder content otherwise the timer runs out every time. I feel like I've had this particular debate before..
    You're right. It's practically a requirement to have good gear to actually complete most of the more difficult endgame activities, no PLD or WAR in run of the mill gear is going to compete in speed runs or Garuda when you have BLM's and DD's doing over 100 DPS.

To the OP some of my recommendations:

DPS Setups: You'll want to have at least a solid double meld Helm with MND and Gloves with STR, a good start would be 30+, and as for a weapon a Giantsgall Longsword with your choice of Acc, STR, or MND makes a solid and easily obtainable piece.

Defense/VIT Setups: Can't go wrong with a good double melded Cobalt Cuirass with VIT or Def (If your in Limsas GC their Officers Overcoat is a Godsend), you can throw some Defense on a meldable shield and go the extra mile and throw some VIT on a Giantsgall Longsword for a little extra oomph, but with the way defense scales it might be difficult to get much out of it.

Enmity Setups: Throw a couple Touch of Rage III/IV on your belt and a meldable sword (or get a Garuda's Gaze). Heavy Darklight is king as far as Enmity armor goes, but it definitely takes some time and luck to obtain, but fortunately Militia is a bit easier to come by and offers some good HP, MND, and Enmity on them.

Accesories: Try to pick ones that accomodate your preferred method of tanking. Some suggestions that you can mix match to your needs are

HQ Rubellite Rings (STR)
    HQ Turquoise Rings (MND)
    HQ Amber Rings (VIT)
    HQ Electrum Rings (Acc) (Try to have these to swap out when needed)
    Coral Armille +1 (Enmity)
    Storm Sergeants Earring (+4 atk, 4 Pieces +7 Crit. Atk)
    Storm Seargeant's Bracelets (+3 Atk, 3 Pieces +7 STR)
    Explorer's Choker (Acc, Crit. Rate)
    Militia Choker (Acc, Enmity)
    Raptorskin Bracelet (HP)
    HQ Electrum Choker (Atk)

These are mearly some quick suggestions and most are easily obtainable, I don't know your GC but I would highly recommend you take advantage of the Atamos Event and check out what useful gear is available to you at your GC.
    (5)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Eliseus Kayne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Now if you have time to waste and gil, I'd go all day for those melds, but you really don't need them, at all.
    Also read where I said a double/triple enmity belt would be your best bet if you really don't care for melding I'd still do that. Like I said, I'm in full militia and hold threat all day, so still stand by you don't need melds if you really don't want to waste your time on them. If any of you actually need them for god knows what, l2play better. BTW, you guys suck at showing proof, I can quote random posts all day and only bold half the things to try and support my pathetic argument. It's not hard. Sorry if you guys don't like the facts, not my problem, just telling OP the truth. Was also letting him know how easy militia gear is to get.

Oh wow, I just realized not a single quote you guys did says not to get melded, it says the melded gear may not be worth it in 2.0 and that you can do everything in the game without it. /facepalm amy. You guys are great. I applaud you for getting me to laugh.

BTW sounsyy, I'm sorry for coming off rude, I'm glad you disagree, if people never disagreed with each other we really never would get anywhere, was mostly towards amy being a baddie everywhere on this forums. Not only did she not offer anything towards this thread but she helped derail it again then tried telling someone else again to not derail, I am surprised though a "your the worst troll ever" comment hasn't popped up. Good job keeping that one in amy.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eliseus; 09-20-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Also read where I said a double/triple enmity belt would be your best bet if you really don't care for melding I'd still do that. Like I said, I'm in full militia and hold threat all day, so still stand by you don't need melds if you really don't want to waste your time on them. If any of you actually need them for god knows what, l2play better. BTW, you guys suck at showing proof, I can quote random posts all day and only bold half the things to try and support my pathetic argument. It's not hard. Sorry if you guys don't like the facts, not my problem, just telling OP the truth. Was also letting him know how easy militia gear is to get.

Oh wow, I just realized not a single quote you guys did says not to get melded, it says the melded gear may not be worth it in 2.0 and that you can do everything in the game without it. /facepalm amy. You guys are great. I applaud you for getting me to laugh.

BTW sounsyy, I'm sorry for coming off rude, I'm glad you disagree, if people never disagreed with each other we really never would get anywhere, was mostly towards amy being a baddie everywhere on this forums. Not only did she not offer anything towards this thread but she helped derail it again then tried telling someone else again to not derail, I am surprised though a "your the worst troll ever" comment hasn't popped up. Good job keeping that one in amy.
    There's so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start.

I'm in full militia and hold threat all day, so still stand by you don't need melds if you really don't want to waste your time on them.
    I doubt you can even do Ifrit Extreme or Van Darnus Hard with only Militia without severely handicapping yourself. Also, self improvement is not a waste of time.
    BTW, you guys suck at showing proof, I can quote random posts all day and only bold half the things to try and support my pathetic argument.
    What proof are you even talking about?
    Was also letting him know how easy militia gear is to get.
    Full Militia gear takes an extremely long time to get. The fact that he is fairly new and only has PLD/WAR makes trying for that even harder and take much longer. Farming materia and doing double melds is easier and faster.
    Oh wow, I just realized not a single quote you guys did says not to get melded
    You did say not to get double melds with the exception of a belt. Here it is.
    I personally wouldn't waste your gil or time trying to meld at all on your PLD except maybe a double/triple melded belt right now.
    it says the melded gear may not be worth it in 2.0 and that you can do everything in the game without it.
    You assume melded gear may not be useful in 2.0, but no dev has stated anything along those lines.
    /facepalm amy.
    No, /facepalm @ you.
    You guys are great.
    Thank you, I think so too.
    I'm sorry for coming off rude
    You didn't come off as rude, you were rude. Just like you're being in this post.
    was mostly towards amy being a baddie everywhere on this forums. Not only did she not offer anything towards this thread but she helped derail it again then tried telling someone else again to not derail
    Calling me a baddie because I disagree with you? Sure I'm a baddie then. But I'm not sure what that makes you because you tend to make reply posts to me quite frequently on other threads discrediting any advice I offer to anyone and attack me for standing by my advice every-single-time and the -SINGLE- time I reply to you first you start claiming I derail threads, but it is the other way around. I posted in an Art thread saying it was good and wow 5 minutes later there is your reply to my post calling me a troll.
    I am surprised though a "your the worst troll ever" comment hasn't popped up
    You really just need to look at your own posts sometimes. Btw, here you go again because I've showed you this before.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
    You fit perfectly, dude and that above post shows it.
    (0)
    Last edited by AmyNeudaiz; 09-20-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: added quotes

Player
    Character
    Sounsyy Mirke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I think I see the problem. You are of the opinion that "don't need" and "don't get" are vastly different from one another, where as I see the two phrases as synonymous. It's like telling a kid learning to ride a bike that he doesn't need a helmet. It's true I guess, from a certain point of view, but if the kid falls he has a higher risk of hurting himself.

If you tell the kid he doesn't need a helmet, he's not going to get a helmet.
    If you tell the kid he needs it or to go get it, he's going to wear it until he becomes comfortable enough to experiment with/without a helmet on his own.

It's the same thing here. The OP is a relatively new paladin who, in his first few posts, has shown that he is more than willing to put in the time to try to improve and that he wants to be a "bad ass paladin" with gear that people will /thumbsup him for. Now the first post could have been - "hey you don't really need this stuff, just get a few militia pieces and a belt and you'll be set until 2.0" - and that would have been the end of it. The OP is given the impression that there's not much else he can/needs to do for the next two months before 2.0. So he sits and achieves nothing.

Scenario 2: You tell the fledgling paladin that "hey, good start, but here's how you can improve: here's a few meld suggestions you can try out, some armor to aim for, etc." Now the OP has more information and can be more decisive about the direction he takes with his job. Regardless of whether or not he "needs" it, the OP has been given ways and, most importantly, motivation to improve.

This is all I'm trying to get at, Eliseus. Do you see the difference?
    (1)
    Last edited by Sounsyy; 09-20-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast