Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavieh View Post
    Sorry for just now respondingas I've been a bit busy. I'm not really the crafting master at all As I only have CRP/CUL 45 Alch 50 and GSM 41~ but I feel I could always just add in a bit more of my opinion ect.

My gear on my Alchemist is 250 INT , ~150 Control ~120 / M Craft : Craft . I'm not looking at them right this minute but its around there. After you posted your ideal skill set up I decided to give perfection another try. On Average on a level 50 Synth (Growth Formula Delta) a Perfection + Byregot's on a Rainbow synth gave me ~115, This is the average taken from about 10 attempts some were as high as 130 while others gave me 96 or so. As opposed to Magnum Opus which gave me ~80 Quality on average on a failed attempt and 200+ on a successful attempt (Sometimes in the 190s) and my success rate was around 50%. Purification gave me about 170-190 Quality on success on a safe color like white. So I'm still a bit skeptical about using Perfection / Culmination; at least on a level 50 Synth. I could try it with some thing with a higher dlvl later but that was just what I found.

Also you can lose up to 12 Durability on a careful synth on a level 54 synth while the element is stable, this has happened to me a lot. Greater Calling is really great for finishing a synth to but from what I hear that if you go unstable it can be quite the nightmare when trying to finish it with Greater Calling as opposed to By the Book (Which I guess if you have enough control your chances of seeing instability should be rare).

Just another side note, when I got my Alch to 50 and it was my only craft to 50 I attempted to make a Growth Formula Delta Concetrate consisting of just one HQ Delta, One NQ and the Lime sulfur. Now I didn't have as many skills as I do now but I could only get up to about 3~4% HQ when I did it, now I did succeed xD but still its a very hard synth. At that same time I had about a 10% HQ chance on the level 50 Delta Growth starting at 0 Quality.
    I'll have to look into that set up for lower level synths then, sounds good for HQing ingots out of NQ so thanks for that. But yeah, instabilities is almost never an issue for me I can go all day without one so I almost never worry about it but yes, going unstable can really ruin your Greater Calling and it does cause some heart ache when it's an expensive synth lol. But I still trust my set up to pull through.

I never have seen a 12 loss on unstable since crafting changes though, but I'll take your word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tymora View Post
    Perfection/Culmination will give you a better average quality than Purefaction/Magnus for equal and above recipes. This will be somewhat adjusted by the amount of craftsmanship you can put out since that affects the success/great success rates.

I personally use Greater Calling at the start of a synth because well, its stable. Master's Mend is not good in this situation because you tend not to be able to use it all up, but it can be replaced by another skill, such as a +125% one.

I do Greater Calling, Byregot's + Culmination/Perfection/Purefaction. Greater Calling gives me 45-60% progress at start, and I just careful all the way to the end. A pretty steady 400-500 quality gain there, with occasional spikes into 600 quality range.
    Sounds close to what I get but I'd push the mark to about 450~500 with the occasional 600ish so this sounds like another good set up. I'll have to try using that if I ever feel like it's a high risk synth that I can't afford the off chance of an unstable since you use greater calling at the start.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    /shrug.

I use this setup for all synths above 50. The only times I break is when I get greedy to push for that extra little bit of quality.
    Using Greater Calling at the start allows a better chance of recovery at the end since for most cases, you can simply drop going for quality and standard all the way, of which you only need about 6x to finish.

Unless of course, your craftsmanship is too low such that every other action is a failure, in which case I now suggest 140/140/120. (Used to suggest 120/120/120 but realized that wasn't enough)
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3