~ http://po.clancentral.us

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Yeeeah, seriously it's all luck from there.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Renen Angel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Helpful
    zzz
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ellunavi Sevald
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Ok well I will take some time to help since, I'm a bit nice.

First off : Level 54 Craft, most likely a magic craft. So its gunna be rather difficult to even get 1% of HQ on this from dust.

Second off: If GSM is your only class that is level 45+, Well GL because I doubt you will ever get above 2-3%. Now if you are willing to do a bit of work for it here are few classes I'd recommend getting 45+ : Carpenter and Alchemy, with these two at level 45 you get a set of skills that are nice for HQing when paired with By the Book. Good examples would be Byregot's Blessing, Comfort Zone, Master's Mend, Purification, Perfection. My typical bar as a crafter aiming to HQ depends usually on the level of the item but for higher ones I've had good success with Master's Mend, Byregot's, Purification, Comfort Zone, Tricks of the Trade ( By the book for you)

My Rotation is usually Master Mend's at start, then Comfort Zone and Careful x 3, for higher level crafts I never pop Byregots or purification on a rainbow light, its a bit to risky. So depending on the light I will either craft another careful or pop Byre + Puri and Careful x 3 again. From there I usually feel the craft out using Standard/ Careful when I need too. The second I get to 80% (for you 70%) I know I'm safe and I don't careful past the durability its taking, usually 11-13 at that level synth. I then let it go and cross my fingers.

Gear wise : Unless you plan on betting on Unstablized stuff, wear control gear ( Try for ~135-140 Control) and the rest magic Craftsmanship.

Even with all that gear and stuff... The craft is just so hard to do, You will need to try a work around, like attempting to make the Rose Gold Nuggets from 0 Quality as opposed to the ingot which will give you a much better change at getting the ingot you want. Bear in mind you eat 50k every attempt you take and even with two HQ items and 333 Quality crafters often complain about how hard these flawless synth's can be.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    This is my set up, I get pretty good results from it on higher level synths.

Careful synth until rainbow orb > Byregot's Blessing + Perfection* > Culmination** > Continue Careful synth until you get to under 11 durability > Masters Meld > Careful synth 3-4 times*** > Greater Calling > Rapid synth.

Congratulations you now have maxed your quality gain on a high level synthesis.

*They stack and it doesn't eat up a turn on your Byregot's Blessing
    **Use while Byregot's Blessing is still active but if the next orb is yellow or white after Perfection I wait until the 3rd final turn of Byregot's to use Culmination
    ***Stop when you drop under 11 durability unless you are willing to risk your synth. Max loss is 10, min loss is 7 for careful synthesis.

-Side notes: My reason for this is that the BB + Perfection and Culmination combo gives you quality gains equal to 4 Great Success actions from careful synthesis and you get to control when you use it so you can max out your quality gain by using it on rainbow orb which gives you max quality output which should be around 130-160 quality per great success on rainbow orb. This also lowers your chance slightly of having your synthesis go unstable since rainbow orb has the highest chance of synthesis action failure and instability. On a higher level synth, you can't do better to my knowledge/experience.
    Also for stats I'd take your control to at least 150~160 (160 being optimal, 150 being lowest you can get away with) and I'd take both Crafts and Mag Crafts above 120 at the very least, you will more than likely have to use food to get to this mark, and I suggest you lean your gear towards Crafts so you can make up in Mag Crafts with food since it is several times cheaper (I used Mulled Tea, it's cheap and good). This is much harder to do without a HQ tool with even just a single meld, so I suggest looking into one. You can dip down on the control to about 140 if you are feeling like risking an unstable for more Crafts/Mag Crafts for a higher end % on HQ.
    It's also important to look into materia and jewelry for DEX (but not giving up your GC ring for a DEX ring) the increase isn't too much, but every bit counts.
    In my opinion, this is a great way to make money since the NQ ores are cheap and HQ rose gold is expensive. Even if you can only pull 10% you will end up gaining in profit by a fairly good amount or save yourself a lot of gil if you were not planning on selling it.

Please feel free to leave feedback on my thoughts/experience if anyone has any experiences of their own. I hope this helps!
    (5)
    Last edited by AmyNeudaiz; 09-20-2012 at 07:48 AM. Reason: typo

Player
    Character
    Ellunavi Sevald
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyNeudaiz View Post
    This is my set up, I get pretty good results from it on higher level synths.

Careful synth until rainbow orb > Byregot's Blessing + Perfection* > Culmination** > Continue Careful synth until you get to under 11 durability > Masters Meld > Careful synth 3-4 times*** > Greater Calling > Rapid synth.

Congratulations you now have maxed your quality gain on a high level synthesis.

*They stack and it doesn't eat up a turn on your Byregot's Blessing
    **Use while Byregot's Blessing is still active but if the next orb is yellow or white after Perfection I wait until the 3rd final turn of Byregot's to use Culmination
    ***Stop when you drop under 11 durability unless you are willing to risk your synth. Max loss is 10, min loss is 7.

-Side notes: My reason for this is that the BB + Perfection and Culmination combo gives you quality gains equal to 4 Great Success actions from careful synthesis and you get to control when you use it so you can max out your quality gain by using it on rainbow orb which gives you max quality output which should be around 130-160 quality per great success on rainbow orb. This also lowers your chance slightly of having your synthesis go unstable since rainbow orb has the highest chance of synthesis action failure and instability. On a higher level synth, you can't do better to my knowledge/experience.
    Also for stats I'd take your control to at least 150~160 (160 being optimal, 150 being lowest you can get away with) and I'd take both Crafts and Mag Crafts above 120 at the very least, you will more than likely have to use food to get to this mark, and I suggest you lean your gear towards Crafts so you can make up in Mag Crafts with food since it is several times cheaper (I used Mulled Tea, it's cheap and good). This is much harder to do without a HQ tool with even just a single meld, so I suggest looking into one. You can dip down on the control to about 140 if you are feeling like risking an unstable for more Crafts/Mag Crafts for a higher end % on HQ.
    It's also important to look into materia and jewelry for DEX (but not giving up your GC ring for a DEX ring) the increase isn't too much, but every bit counts.
    In my opinion, this is a great way to make money since the NQ ores are cheap and HQ rose gold is expensive. Even if you can only pull 10% you will end up gaining in profit by a fairly good amount or save yourself a lot of gil if you were not planning on selling it.

Please feel free to leave feedback on my thoughts/experience if anyone has any experiences of their own. I hope this helps!

Just going off your last statement. I did switch around my skillset to try and utilize Perfection but I found that I was usually 100~ quality lower than my normal quality when I used something like Heart&Soul/ Purification. Its seems that the difference between a failed Purification/Byregots on a Rainbow vs a Greater success byregots on a rainbow is very minimal and enough to sway me to try for purification incase of a success. I guess that is more of a gamble though, like using Magnum Opus.

There is definitely more than one way to skin a cat though xD.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavieh View Post
    Just going off your last statement. I did switch around my skillset to try and utilize Perfection but I found that I was usually 100~ quality lower than my normal quality when I used something like Heart&Soul/ Purification. Its seems that the difference between a failed Purification/Byregots on a Rainbow vs a Greater success byregots on a rainbow is very minimal and enough to sway me to try for purification incase of a success. I guess that is more of a gamble though, like using Magnum Opus.

There is definitely more than one way to skin a cat though xD.
    I will have to look into your set up more tomorrow when I have some time and I've had some good sleep but there's a few questions I'd like to ask about your set up, because to me it seems like a gamble on top of a gamble.
    How often does Purification fail? How often do you go unstable? What is your max, min and averaged quality increase using your set up? How much would you say dlvl effects your set up? What are your stats at (including dex) and what gear do you use exactly? I'm asking these questions because I would like to replicate your set up as closely as possible to properly test your set up so I would appreciate it if you give me an accurate reply to this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Szaa Karna
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyNeudaiz View Post
    ***Stop when you drop under 11 durability unless you are willing to risk your synth. Max loss is 10, min loss is 7.
    I know I've lost at least 11, I'm pretty sure I've lost 12 at least once
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by SzaaKarna View Post
    I know I've lost at least 11, I'm pretty sure I've lost 12 at least once
    She means for Careful. Careful minimum loss is 7 max is 10.
    (1)
    ~ Paradise Oblivion
    ~ http://po.clancentral.us

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast