Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn View Post
    She means for Careful. Careful minimum loss is 7 max is 10.
    This is exactly what I meant, thank you for the clarification. I edited my post to be more clear.

Also, in my set up you do not need to standard synthesis at all. You should be able to get to 60+ progress on careful only and the rest is finished with Greater Calling and x3 rapid synthesis.
    (0)
    Last edited by AmyNeudaiz; 09-20-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Character
    Shosa Sosa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    you can lose 11 or even more depending on the severity of the failure but most the time u wont lose more than 10.... 9 even. if i still have 10 i know 95% of the time my careful wont break my synth
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Shosasosa View Post
    you can lose 11 or even more depending on the severity of the failure but most the time u wont lose more than 10.... 9 even. if i still have 10 i know 95% of the time my careful wont break my synth
    Careful synthesis only gives over 10 when an elemental instability loses control (explodes) on a failed synthesis action. Outside of that is is an impossibility to lose more that 10 on a normal careful synthesis.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Szaa Karna
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    gotcha. thanks
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Guevara San
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyNeudaiz View Post
    This is my set up, I get pretty good results from it on higher level synths.

Careful synth until rainbow orb > Byregot's Blessing + Perfection* > Culmination** > Continue Careful synth until you get to under 11 durability > Masters Meld > Careful synth 3-4 times*** > Greater Calling > Rapid synth.

Congratulations you now have maxed your quality gain on a high level synthesis.

*They stack and it doesn't eat up a turn on your Byregot's Blessing
    **Use while Byregot's Blessing is still active but if the next orb is yellow or white after Perfection I wait until the 3rd final turn of Byregot's to use Culmination
    ***Stop when you drop under 11 durability unless you are willing to risk your synth. Max loss is 10, min loss is 7 for careful synthesis.

-Side notes: My reason for this is that the BB + Perfection and Culmination combo gives you quality gains equal to 4 Great Success actions from careful synthesis and you get to control when you use it so you can max out your quality gain by using it on rainbow orb which gives you max quality output which should be around 130-160 quality per great success on rainbow orb. This also lowers your chance slightly of having your synthesis go unstable since rainbow orb has the highest chance of synthesis action failure and instability. On a higher level synth, you can't do better to my knowledge/experience.
    Also for stats I'd take your control to at least 150~160 (160 being optimal, 150 being lowest you can get away with) and I'd take both Crafts and Mag Crafts above 120 at the very least, you will more than likely have to use food to get to this mark, and I suggest you lean your gear towards Crafts so you can make up in Mag Crafts with food since it is several times cheaper (I used Mulled Tea, it's cheap and good). This is much harder to do without a HQ tool with even just a single meld, so I suggest looking into one. You can dip down on the control to about 140 if you are feeling like risking an unstable for more Crafts/Mag Crafts for a higher end % on HQ.
    It's also important to look into materia and jewelry for DEX (but not giving up your GC ring for a DEX ring) the increase isn't too much, but every bit counts.
    In my opinion, this is a great way to make money since the NQ ores are cheap and HQ rose gold is expensive. Even if you can only pull 10% you will end up gaining in profit by a fairly good amount or save yourself a lot of gil if you were not planning on selling it.

Please feel free to leave feedback on my thoughts/experience if anyone has any experiences of their own. I hope this helps!
    I'm curious about your equip. Doing a careful search on mb.com, I found this as the best equip to fit your advice:

BODY Flame Sergeant's Apron
    HEAD Pince-nez
    WAIST Linen Half Apron
    LEGS Flame Sergeant's Sarouel
    FEET Flame Sergeant's Crakows
    HANDS Felt Halfgloves
    EARRING Coral Earrings
    NECKLACE Electrum Choker
    BRACELET N/A
    RING Flamebringer's Ring
    TOOL Electrum Lapidary Hammer + 2 Craftsman's Competence Materia IV (+6)
    FOOD Mulled Tea

with this equip you would have: 161 Control; 99 Mg. Craft. (with food mod. added); 124 Craft.

What do you use?

Thanks.

EDIT: Don't know stats for a +1 tool; that would add up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Guevara View Post
    I'm curious about your equip. Doing a careful search on mb.com, I found this as the best equip to fit your advice:

BODY Flame Sergeant's Apron
    HEAD Pince-nez
    WAIST Linen Half Apron
    LEGS Flame Sergeant's Sarouel
    FEET Flame Sergeant's Crakows
    HANDS Felt Halfgloves
    EARRING Coral Earrings
    NECKLACE Electrum Choker
    BRACELET N/A
    RING Flamebringer's Ring
    TOOL Electrum Lapidary Hammer + 2 Craftsman's Competence Materia IV (+6)
    FOOD Mulled Tea

with this equip you would have: 161 Control; 99 Mg. Craft. (with food mod. added); 124 Craft.

What do you use?

Thanks.

EDIT: Don't know stats for a +1 tool; that would add up.
    I personally don't have GSM, but the stats I go by for this is a friend of mine who I helped get their set up. His gear sits at 116 Craft 128 Mag Craft and 157 Control. He uses Full GC set w/ Flames ring, Explorer's Belt, HQ Dex ring/wrist, HQ Coral Earrings, HQ Electrum Choker and a HQ tool with +5 control. This is optimal for GSM, different tools require different set ups and materia on the tool.
    You have to use Craftsmanship food with this set up on GSM.
    (0)
    Last edited by AmyNeudaiz; 09-21-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Player
    Character
    Guevara San
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 50
    Thank you Amy
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Guevara View Post
    Thank you Amy
    No problem, I'm glad to help.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ellunavi Sevald
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Sorry for just now respondingas I've been a bit busy. I'm not really the crafting master at all As I only have CRP/CUL 45 Alch 50 and GSM 41~ but I feel I could always just add in a bit more of my opinion ect.

My gear on my Alchemist is 250 INT , ~150 Control ~120 / M Craft : Craft . I'm not looking at them right this minute but its around there. After you posted your ideal skill set up I decided to give perfection another try. On Average on a level 50 Synth (Growth Formula Delta) a Perfection + Byregot's on a Rainbow synth gave me ~115, This is the average taken from about 10 attempts some were as high as 130 while others gave me 96 or so. As opposed to Magnum Opus which gave me ~80 Quality on average on a failed attempt and 200+ on a successful attempt (Sometimes in the 190s) and my success rate was around 50%. Purification gave me about 170-190 Quality on success on a safe color like white. So I'm still a bit skeptical about using Perfection / Culmination; at least on a level 50 Synth. I could try it with some thing with a higher dlvl later but that was just what I found.

Also you can lose up to 12 Durability on a careful synth on a level 54 synth while the element is stable, this has happened to me a lot. Greater Calling is really great for finishing a synth to but from what I hear that if you go unstable it can be quite the nightmare when trying to finish it with Greater Calling as opposed to By the Book (Which I guess if you have enough control your chances of seeing instability should be rare).

Just another side note, when I got my Alch to 50 and it was my only craft to 50 I attempted to make a Growth Formula Delta Concetrate consisting of just one HQ Delta, One NQ and the Lime sulfur. Now I didn't have as many skills as I do now but I could only get up to about 3~4% HQ when I did it, now I did succeed xD but still its a very hard synth. At that same time I had about a 10% HQ chance on the level 50 Delta Growth starting at 0 Quality.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Perfection/Culmination will give you a better average quality than Purefaction/Magnus for equal and above recipes. This will be somewhat adjusted by the amount of craftsmanship you can put out since that affects the success/great success rates.

I personally use Greater Calling at the start of a synth because well, its stable. Master's Mend is not good in this situation because you tend not to be able to use it all up, but it can be replaced by another skill, such as a +125% one.

I do Greater Calling, Byregot's + Culmination/Perfection/Purefaction. Greater Calling gives me 45-60% progress at start, and I just careful all the way to the end. A pretty steady 400-500 quality gain there, with occasional spikes into 600 quality range.
    (0)
    Last edited by tymora; 09-22-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast