Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Prims Delmonty
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I have a feeling that they'll be removing Monk's ability to evade. This is me hazarding a guess but I figure this doesn't really fit in with Monk's image and belongs with Ninja or Thief which we've all got our fingers crossed for.
    (0)
    FFXIV economics - 'Stupid and demand'

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi-Roku View Post
    I'll make you a deal.

You can have gunblades if we can have Riflebhuj.
    Checka my game-face!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/93195-Show-your-Miqo-te-!!?p=1288461&viewfull=1#post1288461

Player
    Character
    Edward Calloway
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I bet they will get rid of Featherfoot, Taunt and Haymaker and all the evasion traits. Possibly fists too which would be a huge change of course.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cassandaria Belle
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I tend to find most of the fist abilities (with the exception of fire) more useful as companion abilities than as combat abilities. The extra defense from fists of earth is nice, but given that a monk player should not be the center of a monster's attention it does little unless you are soloing, and then most monsters are resistant to earth. They are great when you find the right monster. Wind is only really useful for the added speed boost and I don't find myself ever using it in combat. Fire is useful always, the up to attack makes it a good contender. All in all, the only time I really wind up using the fists for their elemental damage is when I am fighting an elemental directly. I'd love more abilities that utilize the fists, but they seem sort of passable now.
    I don't want them removed, but at the same time, I could easily see why they would be.
    (0)
    If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    It's a good idea but not really implemented that well. Works for now though.
    (0)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Based on what's been disclosed so far, it appears PGL/MNK is going to be the most drastically altered job. Let's start with what we know so far:
    1. They will still have some form of stances
    2. They will change from being an elemental DD to a combo-centric DD.
    3. Their playstyle will revolve around the notion that while other classes have 2-3 WS combos, MNK will be able to expand further on that and keep their combos going, increasing DPS.

Taking such information we can speculate that MNK will indeed not only be losing some skills and gaining new ones, it will also have a unique mechanic in place as far as combos go.

Here's how I personally predict the new MNK to be:
    • New stance-buffs that aren't elemental in nature but more like WAR in the sense of increasing/decreasing certain stats and adding unique effects. Perhaps one of them induces the effect that allows us to do the 'extended combos.'
    • It will be able to combo combos. Sounds funny? Let me elaborate. In the same way that other jobs gain bonuses to their weaponskills when they use them as part of a combo, they can have a system in place for MNK where it adds further buffs/debuffs as effects when initiating certain combos in sequence. Comboing combos. Comboception.
    • Another possible way they can do the extended combos is enact a universal cut on WS costs, similar to how Fists of Wind currently does, and allow the last WS in any combo series to combo into the first WS of another combo series with added bonuses.

However they end up doing it, MNK certainly sounds like it's going to be quite the dynamic DD class with a worthwhile learning curve and rewarding DPS ceiling. Hopefully, at least.

Anyone else hungry for some more deets?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Could be that the WS chaining that they mentioned might incline they have traits that increase TP restoration over time, low TP move costs, and/or low recast timers. The damage might be low in comparison to other jobs but being able to throw out WS moves 3x as fast makes it a competitive job.
    (0)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Almalexia Indoril
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandaria View Post
    Wind is only really useful for the added speed boost and I don't find myself ever using it in combat. Fire is useful always, the up to attack makes it a good contender.
    Except against mobs that are specifically weak to fire, you'll find greater damage benefit from FoW in most fights longer than about a minute. If anything, FoW simulates the kind of combo craziness advertised in 2.0.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    FoW knocks about 10 seconds off of Howling Fist with the Boots, however most of the time I find the Attack of FoF still outweighs FoW on overall damage unless maybe the mob is specifically weak to Wind attacks. I can't say I know your setup however, this is based on my own presumptions and gear.
    (0)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Almalexia Indoril
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordCoheir View Post
    FoW knocks about 10 seconds off of Howling Fist with the Boots
    24 seconds.

80s x 30% = 24s. Howling Fist is reduced to 56s recast.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    FoW > FoF in most scenarios.

When FoF is exploiting a weakness, it is better... like the Miser fight.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast