Player
    Character
    Mujen Whisperfall
    World
    Ridill
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

WHM gets the short stick

How about instant cast regen for whm? And Instant to the point you can cast it while moving. Esuna 10sec recast, why? it removes 1 debuff, most NMs/Bosses will place 2+

Holy consumes ALL MP? like wtf? So if i cant 1 shot something w/ Holy its pretty much game over.. WHM have no weaponskill.. why not? We can gain TP.. Once ur oom, ur just done till natural regen, what if I wanna solo and do a fancy WS?

If SE wants to get with the times, how about upping the lone healing class's playability!

Every WHM prime weapon? crap! Every whm pretty much has the same gear, I hope 2.0 rly has more in store for WHM, they seem like the most overlooked class at the moment and yet are a necessity... they're the only healer!

P.S. For the love of god, fix this "cannot cast while moving" Crap for v2.0 where you try to cast soon as u stop hitting the movement key!
    Tank runs ahead... whm follows... tank is about to die.. whm stops.. hits cura... "cannot cast while moving" .. whm spams Cura... tank dies... /GG

I dont even wanna talk about PvP, unless whm gets revamped, it's gonna suck ballz, can u see a melee on whm? Interrupt every step of the way and then lights out.

Edit: WHM needs MACE! for realz! Sexy mace ftw
    (21)
    Last edited by Mujen; 09-09-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lyndel Qa'tre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Are you serious? WHM Is the single most class with the most versatility. not only that, but it has the two BEST sub classes for survivability (Gladiator, and Pugilist). Regen's cast time is incredibly short for the amount of healing it can do, and Esuna's long cooldown is appropriate, especially since you have the option to sacred prism it.

As for the gear, WHM's have the choice of gearing for Wind Potency. Raw Healing, or heavy Enhancing. Or in the case of Ifrit extreme, HP. I sacrifice ~40 Healing Potency so as to have enough HP to survive hellfire sans Sentinel. This means I can sentinel and emergency heal tank during a plume on me. Or have it for several other situations.

This is the LAST class that needs -ANY- work.
    (52)

Player
    Character
    Damien Ramirez
    World
    Shinryu
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Quatre View Post
    This is the LAST class that needs -ANY- work.
    It need an emity overhaul.
    (0)

No casting while moving is here to stay, blame people who want PvP that'll do it for the first week then never touch it again. Also no, WHM needs no work.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    No casting while moving is here to stay, blame people who want PvP that'll do it for the first week then never touch it again. Also no, WHM needs no work.
    Officially it is because people wanted something to break a started cast.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wolfandre De'asura
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Don't confuse FFXIV WHM with FFXI WHM.

FFXIV WHM is a CNJ with uber healing skills. Some great DD, great healing, light on debuff removal (not a whole lot of debuffs worth removing. Petrify destroys my PLD on a regular basis), little to no focus on anything physical whether it be offense or defense.

FFXI WHM is akin to the Cleric class in D&D. Best healer, utility spells (teleports), buff bot, undead bane (anyone remember 99,999 dmg to undead? XP) and can back itself up with melee under the right conditions.

The former is a pure mage, and is at least somewhat close to the 'original' white mage of old. The latter is a different job altogether (and is actually an OP class, being what Tanaka saw as the only healer among 22 classes AND able to do all of that other junk).

That bit about casting while moving is being fixed with localized servers minimizing the lag from the game to your UI. It will go away.

They will have their spot in PvP as the only healers in the game, but man, will they be targets. The same can be said for real warfare though: want to eliminate your foes? Destroy what's helping them most. It will be up to the PLDs to defend their WHMs to the death, like PvE. There's no difference here, aside from the fact that your opponent is not pre-programmed.

WHM does not need maces, clubs, or hammers. It needs equipment to augment it's healing and casting capabilities, which it already has.

The other option is to have an alternative healer that can actually perform as well as WHM in certain scenarios, such as a TP healer (DNC) that shines during Silence auras, or a tank that gets it's healing from absorbing damage, or even arcanist, tanking with pets so that PCs don't take the damage. If one, or more, of these things happen, I don't care what you give to WHM, as healing then becomes a question of "Which healer works best?"

Personally, that's how it should be. We do that when picking between WAR and PLD tanks. We do that when choosing between zergs and DoT. Why should there be one catch-all healer?

Sorry, I got to kind of thinking out loud. I'll leave it there, though, because I don't like editing my train of thought.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    whm is just about perfect compared to the other jobs. they got the longer end of the stick.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Mujen Whisperfall
    World
    Ridill
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Wow, probably the most ill-informed thread on the lodestone. Congratulations, you've set a new low!
    So prove me wrong, sensei.. let me hear my downfall... PLZ enlighten me

Let me sum the game up in it's current state: low drop rates = keep ppl playing... crafting to give them something to do.. did I miss something? The socializing is of course the big human component.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kid Kaze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujen View Post
    Let me sum the game up in it's current state: low drop rates = keep ppl playing... crafting to give them something to do.. did I miss something? The socializing is of course the big human component.
    I'm not sure how what you just posted is the fault of bad WHM design?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Shon Totto
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujen View Post
    So prove me wrong, sensei.. let me hear my downfall... PLZ enlighten me

I didn't argue against any of that. You're a fucking wrong in regards to white mage. It has great playability. I welcome changes though.
    (4)

┬─┬︵/(.□.)╯ Russian Table

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast