Character
    Miley Cyrus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

After I obtain Dragoon Job Class...

Hey Guys,

I am trying to do the prerequisites still in order to get that quest that will let me obtain the dragoon class.

There was one thing I was wondering though. After you obtain the Dragoon job class or unlock any other job class in this case, do you have to start from level 1 as a dragoon for example and get it to 50?

Sorry I am new to this game and wanted to try and at least get the dragoon job class and get it to 50 b4 Nov 1. I am currently a level 19 lancer now and still need to get my pugilist level to 15 haha.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    They have the same XP bar. If you get your quest done at level 30 and switch from Lancer to Dragoon, you'll be a level 30 Dragoon. On the other hand, if you grind Lancer to 50 first, then complete the level 30 job quest and switch to Dragoon, you'll be a level 50 Dragoon. Note that in the latter case you won't have all the Dragoon abilities though; you have to complete the Dragoon quests to unlock those.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Miley Cyrus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Oh neat. So basically the job you become takes the level of whatever the primary level 30 class is. That saves so much time. Thanks for info
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dagg Angier
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    To help simplify the comparison of class vs. job, I've always thought that thinking of the jobs in terms of a "specialization" that you equip rather than something else to level has made more sense. It might make more sense when/if they include more jobs that branch from the same class.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sepia Windsword
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Does a Dragoon learn all of their abilities through quests? I'm a returning player, so I don't know.

Player
    Character
    Pandora Vainglory
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoDarkwolf View Post
    Does a Dragoon learn all of their abilities through quests? I'm a returning player, so I don't know.
    Yes, all the Dragoon abilities are learned through the job quest chain. You retain all your Lancer skills and get to borrow set skills from Pugilist & Archer.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.