Player
    Character
    Caterina Vulcan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

a little assistance concerning guildleves

I'm currently a level 36 Carpenter and there still have not been any rank ~40 leve's available. I'm wondering why none are ever available. Am i too low level? Also I'm trying to get them in Grid. Thanks for the help.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    There are certain cities that will give you more leves of a certain discipline, I do know I had best luck with Alchemist on Ul'Dah. But you'd need to search, and see what gives you best results, nobody knew the best city when I asked

That said, you should be getting rank 40 leves bare minimum at L35, highest 36, yes. They are, however, rarer the lower your level, at least what I saw from experience. So keep trying, young miss. I think you're juuuust about to hit the 'crafter hell' where getting any decent leve is difficult.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    This website has a list of all of the Carpenter guildleves:

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Carpenter
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Getting leves is a crap shoot.

Do what they give you and hope for the best after turn in. Your best bet is to check on all three cities, especially Carpentry, until the mid 40s when Grid and Ul'dah outshine LL.

As with all crafts, the late 30s is a raw deal when it comes to leveling through leves. At 36 you might want to consider Mahogany Lumber into the later 30s when those 40+ leves tend to appeare more.

I haven't noticed them popping up on any class till I was 38.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caterina Vulcan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Thanks all. Wasn't expecting such quick reply's ^^. Looks like ill continue to craft lumber for now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    This will come later since you're level 36, but a good alternative to doing leves at 42 is making cobalt arrows. I had a bunch of cobalt ingots made up from leveling blacksmith, but you might want to check and see if you can profit off of making the arrows because they can take you a long way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lil Demon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 73
    I went to Rosewood (lvl 46) around lvl 38. But a nice bridge is Mythril Lance (lvl 44) if you have supplies on hand. 2 mythril ingots, oak lumber, boar leather = 6k npc. Not sure how they are on AH.
    (0)