Player

Why is Maurader not a Heavy hitting DD Developers?

I am new to the game but looking at the Marauder abilities and even the Warrior abilities and i can't help but think what direction is this taking?

In any game i've ever played a two hander axe/hammer class has always been a serious hard hitting look out here i come class. Now i am not 50 yet but ti seems like most people play a tank role or off tank role instead of a DD with the Warrior??

So my question developers was this intended? why is a 2 hander axe wielder not your highest dd in the game or at least really competitive in damage?

I've been told several places now that if i want to be a DD to play pugilist or Dragoon? Than I look at the Marauder/Warrior and well look at this character why would he not be just as powerful

Any answers for future developments for the warrior moving towards damage would be awesome Thanks.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Play MRD DD when there are multiple adds. Run a parser and you'll see that WAR easily takes the top DD spot. THat's WAR's job as DD to take out adds quickly.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    Play MRD DD when there are multiple adds. Run a parser and you'll see that WAR easily takes the top DD spot. THat's WAR's job as DD to take out adds quickly.
    Thats good to know. To be honest I started with MRD because i love the 2 hander face smashers and i don't want to tank. I understand i might have too but just seems odd to me that such a immense damage machine would be an off tank.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by vodox View Post
    Thats good to know. To be honest I started with MRD because i love the 2 hander face smashers and i don't want to tank. I understand i might have too but just seems odd to me that such a immense damage machine would be an off tank.
    It really is an off tank and fills that role quite well in certain scenarios. It's the same thing for every job in this game, there are certain scenarios that favor one class over another. It's also important to note that MRD doesn't come into it's own until after 40, so at level 8 you're not doing to see the damage output from MRD really at all. Also, I'm not sure how new you are to the game, but based on your level and the fact that you said you chose MRD, I'm guessing you're brand new to the game. Chances are you won't be able to play MRD/WAR in every instance, sometimes you'll need PUG or DRG if you want to stick with being a DD. You really should consider capping every job to get the most out of this game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    If you actually gear up as a DD you can easily be a Ridiculously powerful DD. But you can't wear tank gear and expect to DD.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiote View Post
    If you actually gear up as a DD you can easily be a Ridiculously powerful DD. But you can't wear tank gear and expect to DD.
    That's not really true. With how easy it is to reach the stat caps on WAR, it's conceivable to make a Cobalt Cuirass that's good for both tank and DD. You could also use some cobalt gauntlets with a ton of STR for DD. Nothing can take the place of the WAR AF helm for DD or tanking. Some of your jewelry will change, as will your boots, but for the most part the best tanking gear can be used for WAR DD.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Allen Makenshi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 72
    On Garuda when I parse the WAR easily reaches about 75% of the BLM's total damage. I would say that is quite formidable
    (0)
    Last edited by Allendar_Makenshi; 10-03-2012 at 06:49 AM.