Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemy View Post
    (But gameplay includes movement animations. If we were a dot floating around instead of a character running, we wouldn't have the same gameplay. So if that is an improvement or not is really subjective.)

Are you confirming that the movement animation as currently shown in the pre-alpha videos will stay as such?
    That's what the cat said.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nel Artux
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    you compare low quality animations to a dot moving ?
    Seriously the animation in the pre alpha video is fine ...
    (5)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Are you confirming that the movement animation as currently shown in the pre-alpha videos will stay as such?
    No they're saying that the animated flourishes in your original post are disappearing. Everything that you saw in the vid is subject to change unless said otherwise.

Gameplay does not include Graphics. Gameplay has more to do with mechanics than aesthetics.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Taja Shin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Instant movement feedback = a good thing, IMO. The windup/wind-down animations for every movement contributed to making 1.0 feel even laggier than it already was. I can appreciate the fact that they looked really nice and heightened realism, but...responsiveness trumps prettiness any day for me.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Alec Temet
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Well, sounds like we have the final word on the matter then. I do hope they look into refining the animations in the future myself. Anecdotally, I have a friend who plays MMOs "to win" - his words not mine - namely he plays to cap and finishes the main story, then moves on to another MMO. Anyway, moving on, I showed him the Limit Break trailer and his response was "Wow, that looks really good. There is something odd about the way the walking looks though".

It's a little thing, and definitely not going to stop people from trying out the game or staying with it. But it's far from unnoticeable. It was literally the first thing my friend commented on.

I would not argue improving animation smoothness over gameplay smoothness. But that is a false choice. Animations could be much smoother than the ones shown at Gamescom without sacrificing gameplay.
    (11)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by lololink View Post
    you compare low quality animations to a dot moving ?
    Seriously the animation in the pre alpha video is fine ...
    ....Do you know the meaning of if?

I was just giving an example, to support my statement that movement animations are included in "gameplay"
    (3)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    Gameplay does not include Graphics. Gameplay has more to do with mechanics than aesthetics.
    Who said anything about graphics? We're talking about animation here. A part of gameplay.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    Who said anything about graphics? We're talking about animation here. A part of gameplay.
    " A very very small part". The rest is Aesthetics.
    (4)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Nel Artux
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Comparing pre alpha animation to 1.0 animation is only aesthetic not gameplay .
    what would it change ?
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's not a time constraint: The animations slowed things down. Removing them is the only way to make character response more immediate. They aren't rushing- and this is a decision to remove, not a decision not to implement. Yes, some of those animations were kinda cool but I'd rather my character accurately and immediately respond to my commands, not be delayed by twists and jiggles.
    The problem with the movement not being responsive was a server issue, not an animation one.

The animations were probably removed because they couldn't/didn't want to/didn't had the time to find another way of fixing the animation lock.
    (7)

Page 45 of 127 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast