Player
    Character
    Rane Farstrider
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    While the animations were nice, the development team's number one focus in A Realm Reborn is on gameplay so even though they were nice animations, the team made the decision to remove them.
    Thank you. I think focusing on gameplay was the right decision.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Yuki Ynagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    And the thread is cloooosed !
    And again
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    While the animations were nice, the development team's number one focus in A Realm Reborn is on gameplay so even though they were nice animations, the team made the decision to remove them.
    While the loss of good movement animations is unfortunate, a response to the forced backpedaling at all times, instead of turn and run, would have been more informative. =/
    (4)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaLatte View Post
    That's unfortunate... sounds like it was decided not to be implemented because of time constraint (rush).
    Hopefully as more footage to come, the animation will stand on its own.
    It's not a time constraint: The animations slowed things down. Removing them is the only way to make character response more immediate. They aren't rushing- and this is a decision to remove, not a decision not to implement. Yes, some of those animations were kinda cool but I'd rather my character accurately and immediately respond to my commands, not be delayed by twists and jiggles.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's not a time constraint: The animations slowed things down. Removing them is the only way to make character response more immediate. They aren't rushing- and this is a decision to remove, not a decision not to implement. Yes, some of those animations were kinda cool but I'd rather my character accurately and immediately respond to my commands, not be delayed by twists and jiggles.
    Jiggles...? I missed jiggles!?

-Dissapointed- >..<

I hope they can add the animations back later when they feel their system can handle such things. (Animations are player side and should have nothing to do with the server, but the engine itself (player side) may not be able to handle all that stuff yet).
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    To be quite honest, the animations look alright too me, however I rather have gameplay/maps its top notch priority. They could easily put new animations down the line if people demand for it ( which would be at the cost of quality updates to the game). Whoever wants them can request for them when ARR is out for 3-6 months. That's what I think anyways.
    (5)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Stop animation looks fine in ARR. However I hope that backpedaling thing isn't forced on us.
    (0)

Player

Let me take you back to the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmbei View Post
    So by "aggressive scrutinising" you mean to offend
    No, i mean :

...a community that does not lay back saying "well, it might be this way... but not really sure... since this is pre-alpha... let's start talking about it in alpha but scrutinising every bit of information we can have, making our views known about the possible outcomes, and ask for clarifications
    ...while i was pointing out your strawman. I never said nor implied that anyone has to be offensive in order to aggressively scrutinise.

Now you come again, actually making a second strawman, in your attempt to avoid your first one saying :

Laughable 1: You assume we are just laying back and letting things happen
    No, i never stated nor implied such a thing, i simply described what an aggressively scrutinising community is, to me. If you are indeed part of my definition of such a community, you better not lay back and let things reach alpha, speak up now and ask for clarifications.

Laughable 2: I was misrepresenting your views, like you do for everyones post you quote on here.
    I don't think you understand what "misrepresenting one's views really is. You wouldn't admit of doing so, so casually. If you think i misrepresented your views, please give an example as i did, before making bare accusations.

You have stated numerous times that they are just dumbing it down and not putting in the effort and just copy pasting a Korean MMO.
    I have never used the word dumbing once in this thread. I quoted yes, not used it though, since its not what i personally believe. (As for the second part of the above sentence, i'll get to it soon)

Laughable 3: I am sorry what? It is a strawman to bring up that they the Dev's...
    The strawman was the "offending", the "typical Korean mmo" and the "discrediting" part... The rest was simply in the same sentence. (talk about reading comprehension)

Laughable 4: I have actually, for the discussion. But as you said in your last quote in this response, Strawman's everywhere in this whole thread by Everyone.
    You're easily amused. I jelly.

Laughable 5: Yes you are offending them saying that the work they have been doing for the past year is on the same scale as a copy paste Korean MMO. Along with accusing them of not putting in the effort, when they clearly have and are clearly not finished even from their own mouths.
    Quiz time : Spot the difference in meaning in the following sentences :

1) The movement animation in the pre-alpha videos looks like they copy-pasted the animation of a generic Korean MMO. I hope this won't be the case in the final product.

2) The work they have been doing for the past year is on the same scale as a copy paste Korean MMO

If you don't understand the difference between the above sentences, or the importance of not misrepresenting someone's views, i can't continue this conversation with you.

Now help me understand this. I say :

Are you talking about the transition from 1.0 to 2.0, or the current state of FFXIV? Because either way, you make no sense.

If you're talking about the transition from 1.0 to 2.0, you must sense the irony here, disregarding my concern as pre-alpha

If you're talking about the current state of FFXIV, if the game is already "Amazing! Playable! Enjoyable!", then why do you think they're rebuilding the whole game from the ground up, in the first place?
    And then you say :

Laughable 6: I was clearly talking about the evolution of FFXIV 1.0 since I haven't played 2.0 yet to form an opinion on that magnitude yet. Reading Comprehension: Again in need of Improvement
    So, you're clearly talking about the second of the 2 options that don't make sense. Laughable, yes, but in the wrong direction.

Laughable 7: If you actually finished reading this post you quoted, you would notice I pointed out the irony.
    I fail to understand how acknowledging your own irony (the correct word would be hypocrisy but i don't want to be that aggressive) redeems it here.

Laughable 8: No feelings hurt, but I must point out you haven't made sense or added to this discussion since page 3.
    I may not make sense to you. I hope i do in this reply. But you're right about the not adding anything part, i keep repeating myself and i feel like stopping.

Laughable 9: I wasn't mad ;D. I might of been frustrated
    Heh, come on, nobody healthy is really mad over the internet. Frustration = mad on internet scale.

Laughable 10: Since this one deserves 2. I don't think you have represented your own views correctly, since your OP. Since all you have been doing since then is say everyone is either negative, or having to use someone else's quotes and views as your own, because you can't formulate it yourself.
    I think i have been consistent. As for quoting others, i do it when i think what they're saying is quotable, not to have them as my own. I think i proved i have a way of presenting my arguments in my own wording in this thread. You saying that (let alone implying you laugh about it) is simply... dishonest.

Laughable 11: I have never called for this thread to not exist
    By stating "there is no discussion, this is pre-alpha you automatically dismiss the thread by definition. This is not really far away from wishing this thread wouldn't exist.

So since I have to state it over AGAIN. Yes I want those animations back and hope they implement them.
    Well, if you do, and you also think there is no downside of making our views public and ask for clarification, then we have nothing to argue about. We completely agree.

There is a group of people, that were calling me a troll and this thread "just another grass bullshit. You were not exactly part of that group, and i might have made the mistake of addressing you as i would any of them, because you did somehow represent the notion that this thread and our concern is useless. We might have lost ourselves in translation there, i don't know.

And i'm really tired.
    (0)

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Anything to improve performance and gameplay is a plus.
    (8)

Player

(But gameplay includes movement animations. If we were a dot floating around instead of a character running, we wouldn't have the same gameplay. So if that is an improvement or not is really subjective.)

Are you confirming that the movement animation as currently shown in the pre-alpha videos will stay as such?
    (9)

Page 44 of 127 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast