Page 41 of 127 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Xmbei View Post
    key word: almost
    Key element of this entire thread : possibility.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kiros Forsa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemy View Post
    I saw a lot of people accusing me of making a useless thread, yet i saw nobody presenting a downside of making our views known and asking for clarification early on.

Can anyone please answer my question?

I somehow find myself being more interested at how this community thinks rather than the subject of this thread.
    I am just going to take a tonberry stab here to this thread, but I have noticed that reps have responded to other threads, and they probably havent answered it because 1 of 3 reasons.

1) the might have an official video almost ready with said animations.

2) It is a question going to be asked in the live letter which is in a few days.

or....

3) It has already been answered.
    (0)
    Xeto Milanti Bei

Player

Quote Originally Posted by yukikaze_yanagi View Post
    this sum my thought

that + deal with it. My game will not ruined just because they scraped (maybe) some animation in the effort to give away animation lock
    Noted.

Neither will mine, although it will look and feel way worse in my eyes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I am just going to take a tonberry stab here to this thread, but I have noticed that reps have responded to other threads, and they probably havent answered it because 1 of 3 reasons.

1) the might have an official video almost ready with said animations.

2) It is a question going to be asked in the live letter which is in a few days.

or....

3) It has already been answered.
    4) The rep just translate what the JP rep posted and it has been like this for most of the times.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kiros Forsa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Noted.

Neither will mine, although it will look and feel way worse in my eyes.
    for maybe a week or month and then it won't even matter after you try out everything else. It's amazing ability of humans we are adaptable to any given situation ^^
    (0)
    Xeto Milanti Bei

Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Key element of this entire thread : possibility.
    You know the animations for active and passive mode was not in the game right <.<?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Azarim Erro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    As someone clever in this thread said : Your thought is unfinished.

If you agree on the following : There is a (huge) possibility that the animation will stay this way (based on very solid arguments already presented multiple times in this thread.)

Then you base your whole argument on this :

You seem to be under the impression that the developers of this game do not, or will ever be aware of the existence of this very thread.

But this is false. There are people who's job is to give feedback from the community constantly. And a thread like this, on their official forums, is where these people look first.

Again, as someone clever also said in this thread : "Exactly. It's Alpha, and it isn't finished yet. Which is exactly why if there is ever a time to give any suggestions or complaints about the quality of animation we are used to, now would be the time to do it."

Now, since you've been so kind to answer my question (not many did, this is not sarcasm) could you please answer it again?

What exactly is the downside of making our views known and asking for clarification?
    Forgive me for putting this out straight, but I think your statement is quite rude. You are implying that those of us who think differently from you are not 'smart', as you have pinpointed opinions which are in line with yours, and even bolded that statement as 'smart'. You may not have that purpose, but to me, it reeks of hyperbolic impressions.

Now that I have that aside...

I, for one, disagree that animations are going to stay this way, from what Yoshi-P and the other developers have stated in the translated version of the talk to the fact that it is still in development even as we speak. The way I see it is that they have finished the 'core' of the animations - strafing, eyeball movement and other small immersive (yes, I used that word) details can be layered on with ease after that initial development. Yes, you have solid arguments for your side, but there is also plenty for the other, with even the developers saying the demo is 'unfinished'. They did not target animation or any aspect in general, but that's not to say they AREN'T, so I'm taking in a general way that most aspects of the game are not fully developed. That would include animation, and other arguments against your view have shown that as well.

I'm aware that the developers are aware of what we discuss and post on this forum and thread. I am thankful for that transparency, and will seek to use it to the best of my advantage when I feel something is wrong.

But that isn't what I meant by appropriate time - you seem to have taken me to mean that my appropriate time is when the developers pay attention to our feedback. That is correct, in a sense, but my 'appropriate time' refers to their development phase. As your second clever has stated, "Exactly. It's Alpha, and it isn't finished yet. Which is exactly why if there is ever a time to give any suggestions or complaints about the quality of animation we are used to, now would be the time to do it." That is correct - in ALPHA, we can voice our concerns and issues to the development team. However, we are in PRE-ALPHA. The stage of where the game for ALPHA is not fully developed for testing yet. There would be a list of priority, and I, personally, see the fully development of the core of the game a higher priority than small animation effects.

I shall answer your question again, in regards to the details I put above: there is no downside to what you say. But they will pose the strongest when they are made known at the most appropriate and optimum time. So that is why I am in favour of waiting until alpha testing begins BEFORE we make these animation concerns a priority. As I have said in a previous post, I myself am concerned about certain animation lacks, but I am willing to wait until the optimum time to make it known.

P.S. I have to say that you posed a difficult question to tackle from my side of the fence. It's a little unfair, because you posed a question that disregards some elements of the development to make your side seem the optimum one. Respect from me for posing your view in such a convincing manner. Have you considered being a lawyer or a politician?
    (3)

Player

for maybe a week or month and then it won't even matter after you try out everything else. It's amazing ability of humans we are adaptable to any given situation ^^
    I'm spoiled by the current animations, and being someone that values things like animations, camera, etc way more than the average person, it might even stop me from playing this game, if everything else is not absolutely amazing.

The current "feel" of the character is one of the few things done correctly in this game, and it would be a shame to replace it with literally every other korean mmo "feel", just because they couldn't find a better way around animation-lock.

Everyone values things differently, but acknowledging there's a big possibility of an obvious downgrade in character animation, and yet simply accepting it, or being against someone that raises awareness on the subject doesn't really make sense to me.

This game needs an "aggressive" community when it comes to criticising development, if its not going to fail again.

It literally costs nothing to scrutinise early on, and it only adds to making the game better.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by whoopeeragon View Post
    I shall answer your question again, in regards to the details I put above: there is no downside to what you say. But they will pose the strongest when they are made known at the most appropriate and optimum time. So that is why I am in favour of waiting until alpha testing begins BEFORE we make these animation concerns a priority. As I have said in a previous post, I myself am concerned about certain animation lacks, but I am willing to wait until the optimum time to make it known.
    Let's see your premises : (correct me if i misrepresent you here.)

-There is no downside of making our views known and asking for clarification early on

-I believe the above will have an optimum impact at the time where they do accept feedback

-So this is why i am in favour of waiting until alpha testing begins BEFORE we make these animation concerns a priority

The word "priority" confuses me here. If i choose to ignore it, and simply translate the above as "i am in favour of waiting until alpha testing begins BEFORE we make these threads" , it doesn't really make sense considering the first premise.

If there is no downside, then what i'm doing is absolutely correct, and i'm sorry for even implying those that do not understand this are not as smart as those that they do, but those that they do, seem to be validated here.

Quote Originally Posted by whoopeeragon View Post
    P.S. I have to say that you posed a difficult question to tackle from my side of the fence. It's a little unfair, because you posed a question that disregards some elements of the development to make your side seem the optimum one. Respect from me for posing your view in such a convincing manner. Have you considered being a lawyer or a politician
    Thank you, (and no, i'm just a graphic designer / illustrator) Can you please elaborate on the "question that disregards some elements of the development to make your side seem the optimum one" though?

I don't really understand what you're trying to say here.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nemy; 09-11-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kiros Forsa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I'm spoiled by the current animations, and being someone that values things like animations, camera, etc way more than the average person, it might even stop me from playing this game, if everything else is not absolutely amazing.

The current "feel" of the character is one of the few things done correctly in this game, and it would be a shame to replace it with literally every other korean mmo "feel", just because they couldn't find a better way around animation-lock.

Everyone values things differently, but acknowledging there's a big possibility of an obvious downgrade in character animation, and yet simply accepting it, or being against someone that raises awareness on the subject doesn't really make sense to me.

This game needs an "aggressive" community when it comes to criticising development, if its not going to fail again.

It literally costs nothing to scrutinise early on, and it only adds to making the game better.
    So by "aggressive scrutinising" you mean to offend and make all the work the new team has done in a year and a half, (a god send imo) calling it a "Typical Korean MMO". Gtfo right, you don't have to like anything but when you start discrediting something they have spent a year and a half fixing a glitchy buggy game for US to play like it should of? I can't take you seriously anymore. You are not going about this the correct way anymore, you are playing defensively and offensively that it is just offensive to something that deve's have put there life into for the past year into, making a new engine and then building a new game off of it...

Seriously you need to learn tact and diplomacy. You are now just sounding like a spoiled rotten kid that complains when you don't get or have something someone else has. I could understand most of you and others concerns up until the past 5 or so pages. Where you have been making false claims just to back up your opinion.

Now some people might flame me for a fan boy, but you have to view it as what have they done for us in the past year? They made FFXIV 1.0 Amazing! Playable! Enjoyable! Now think do you think they would do all that for 1.0 and get us all happy and excited and then throw that all out the door?

I DON'T THINK SO!

Seriously show some decorum in your posts.

(Edit: And yes I know the irony in my post and what I said. I just have had it with the falsity claims and not using their own words anymore to support themselves they have to quote everyone else on their side. I.E. No original thought, while also trying to make us that say wait for proper Alpha Testing to start providing feedback on 2.0 when they are read for 2.0 feedback. I can without a doubt know that Yoshi and dev team is going "see I knew we shouldn't of shown anything yet. People are assuming something off a demo that is of an unfinished product.") From My understand of those Demo videos they are of at least a month prior or 2 gameplay then where they actually are in development. Because they were able to make a stable enough platform for it at that stage to show off.
    (2)
    Last edited by Xmbei; 09-11-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Xeto Milanti Bei

Page 41 of 127 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast