Page 33 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Neptune Deepsea
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I was going to read this whole thread but every time I pop in here there's something crazy going on. But anyway I'd like to correct some delusions that are flying around in here regarding "only alpha footage".

Let's talk about Alpha.

Alpha version of the game is the foundation of the game. The foundation. Things are built upon that foundation BUT THE FOUNDATION IS NOT REPLACED unless there is a lot of feedback. Therefore if you f*ckin' see somethin' you don't like about THE FOUNDATION you best speak up about it.

The animation (the lack thereof), the deliberately placed, scattered eyesore foliage, the poorly sampled character models are all currently a part of that foundation. There are some very smart people working on this game. The alpha foundation looks like it does because the team made some trade-offs. WE NEED TO LET THEM KNOW THAT THESE TRADEOFFS ARE UNACCEPTABLE. Go back to the drawing board. Try it again. Bring it back to me when it works better. These are the types of comments that are going to bring progress to this alpha version.

Also, regarding delusions, the type of people that are trying to postpone discussion of this until after alpha are going to postpone it to beta, and then to after release, when it won't f*ckin' matter anymore. Been there seen that. People were trippin' in the original FFXIV beta thinking it would get better @beta2, then beta3, then open beta, then release, then a patch after release, then the next patch, then the next. Get real. Go join an apocalyptic cult where your mind delinquency can run its course and leave the rest of us to discuss things without childish interruptions. Or, do some thinkin' thar! Step out of your damned hole in the ground and try to appreciate the scope of what's happening. CRITICISM IS NEEDED AT EVERY POINT leading up to the release of this rerelease. And if the dev team is serious about listening to player feedback THEY DON'T NEED TO WAIT FOR A BETA TEST. They can respond any time to concerns about the tradeoffs they made, if they truly want to be transparent about what they're doing. I believe transparency will make this a better game and maybe even save it.
    (7)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkra View Post
    but seriously.. it looks SO much better in all ways when watching the special talk session video.. cant be serious any longer that THIS is a downgrade.. really

i can live with that "back pedaling" when it means, that it plays 100 times better and fluent like the "shitty" version we have now. in comparison to that, we have seen at the newest presenation

you have no real problems if the only thing you can complain about in this video is "back pedaling".. seriously.
    I'm not looking for things to "complain" about.

Obviously we value animation differently, and my opinion is that no matter how good the world design looks, having a generic korean mmo animation in my face over the masterpiece (despite the issues it causes) that we have now, ruins the whole experience for me.
    (3)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    I was going to read this whole thread but every time I pop in here there's something crazy going on. But anyway I'd like to correct some delusions that are flying around in here regarding "only alpha footage".

Let's talk about Alpha.

Alpha version of the game is the foundation of the game. The foundation. Things are built upon that foundation BUT THE FOUNDATION IS NOT REPLACED unless there is a lot of feedback. Therefore if you f*ckin' see somethin' you don't like about THE FOUNDATION you best speak up about it.

The animation (the lack thereof), the deliberately placed, scattered eyesore foliage, the poorly sampled character models are all currently a part of that foundation. There are some very smart people working on this game. The alpha foundation looks like it does because the team made some trade-offs. WE NEED TO LET THEM KNOW THAT THESE TRADEOFFS ARE UNACCEPTABLE. Go back to the drawing board. Try it again. Bring it back to me when it works better. These are the types of comments that are going to bring progress to this alpha version.

Also, regarding delusions, the type of people that are trying to postpone discussion of this until after alpha are going to postpone it to beta, and then to after release, when it won't f*ckin' matter anymore. Been there seen that. People were trippin' in the original FFXIV beta thinking it would get better @beta2, then beta3, then open beta, then release, then a patch after release, then the next patch, then the next. Get real. Go join an apocalyptic cult where your mind delinquency can run its course and leave the rest of us to discuss things without childish interruptions. Or, do some thinkin' thar! Step out of your damned hole in the ground and try to appreciate the scope of what's happening. CRITICISM IS NEEDED AT EVERY POINT leading up to the release of this rerelease. And if the dev team is serious about listening to player feedback THEY DON'T NEED TO WAIT FOR A BETA TEST. They can respond any time to concerns about the tradeoffs they made, if they truly want to be transparent about what they're doing. I believe transparency will make this a better game and maybe even save it.
    Oh wow.

Well said.

Quoting you in the original post.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kenshiro Joestar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    My take on it as I posted in this thread:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...463#post807463

Quote Originally Posted by Dannythm View Post
    I thought the characters animations on the trailer were.... well, pretty bad compared to what we have now, but at the same time it felt like the animation lock was still there.

Even though I don't think the problem on v1.xx was the animation lock, but the lag that don't really let you react in time.

Still I think the solution for keeping the weight and realism of the characters after performing actions can be dealt without animation locks: Just add more movement animations like rolls or whatever movements you cold do after performing an action and want to move the hell away, we are warriors and we are heavily trained, our characters should be able to do this:

Simple martial arts rolls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h--81cAk1M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4K_OyUlcVU

Parkour Rolling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4g0PeLVKT4

So imagine you are performing a dragoon jump and want to get the hell away because you see the ifrit cracks appearing and you are pressing the left key, the dragoon could roll to the left while landing instead of just standing there and then reacting and moving to the left.

Just an idea.
    I hope it can add up to something,as it's still in pre-alpha, they could add this.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Quichy Sturmbruch
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 59
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemy View Post
    I'm not looking for things to "complain" about.

Obviously we value animation differently, and my opinion is that no matter how good the world design looks, having a generic korean mmo animation in my face over the masterpiece (despite the issues it causes) that we have now, ruins the whole experience for me.
    you are ignoring that all the animations still look aussum... and you just look at that "back pedaling" thing and then saying as conclusion that all animations look like a korean generic mmo?

holy shit..
    (4)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkra View Post
    you are ignoring that all the animations still look aussum... and you just look at that "back pedaling" thing and then saying as conclusion that all animations look like a korean generic mmo?

holy shit..
    I... don't really know how am i suppose to respond to this.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Samantha Smith
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Are you sure you know the definition of the word "complain"?
    Yes. Yes I do. Do you?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Let's talk about Alpha.

Actually, this is pre-alpha, because the alpha testing hasn't started yet. When players are allowed to test the game, if it turns out that the animation/grass/whatever is a huge problem, that's when you'd submit the information to Square-Enix, thus leading up to a change if necessary.

Threads like this accomplish nothing, aside from starting internet fights. Developers want actual feedback on the product, not speculation hissy-fits.

EDIT:
    Is this intended, and will the actual game lack this god-tier animation it currently has?
    This is SO beyond subjective, it hurts. I, personally, find most of the animations (the ones that AREN'T running transitions, remember there's more to this game than that) to be quite awful. I can't stand about 90% of the Roegadyn emotes, but I just kind of suck it up because it's the only race I'll play. There's a big difference between "being animated well" and "good animation." None of my emotes are poorly animated, as they have proper key-framing and junk, they just look awful as in they're uninspired and boring. If I could change every one of them, I would.
    (4)
    Last edited by KiriA500; 09-07-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Keyln View Post
    Yes. Yes I do. Do you?
    Apparently i don't. I need to redefine it including describing your feelings on hypothetical future scenarios.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Let's talk about Alpha.

That's why you have an "alpha test" that comes after pre alpha where you can give your feed back to the devs. There is no point of complaints now when you have plenty of time to give feedback during the alpha test, that is what the test is there for.

I agree with what you said but complaints about pre alpha footage is stupid at best.
    (2)

Page 33 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast