Player
    Character
    Sounsyy Mirke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

2.0 Party Menu Bonus Displays

I came up with this idea after noticing some differences between the party menu in the 2.0 screenshots released at E3 and the gameplay demo released at Gamescom, namely, party members enmity and class roles. Now, these differences might have been caused by solo vs. party mode, but I was working under the assumption that they had been taken out. For reference, look at this screenshot.

Now, here's my idea. Wouldn't it be an interesting adjustment if certain class types got different bonuses to their party menu.

~T or Tank classes would be able to see the enmity levels of everyone in their party(like in the screenshot above, displayed by a tiny bar under the job symbol). This helps the tank know where he stands and he doesn't get any surprise hate loss in the middle of battle.

~H/B or Healer/Buffer type classes would be able to see the countdowns on buffs like regen or stoneskin or ballad on whole party. This would include buffs by other players, like invigorate or hallowed ground.

~A or the DPS classes would have the ability to see the tp bars of all fellow party members. Since TP bars are starting at full and steadily winding down to 0 throughout the course of the fight, this would help the dps know how to pace themselves over the course of the fight and to be aware of which player is about to run out of tp.

~C or Caster classes like BLM... I really have no idea what their bonus would be. Help me out! Any of you got ideas? Normally I'd group them with dps, but they don't generate tp so that bonus doesn't make sense.

~Finally the Arcanist/Summoner class. I'm assuming this is going to become the jack of all trades job for XIV. So, it'll switch class roles based on what mode it's Carby or Primal pet is in. If it's a Carby Tank, it'll get the Tank bonus to see enmity. If it's Healer/Buffer, it'll be able to see countdowns, and so on.

This idea supports better group cohesion and promotes communication between members, as well as giving each class type a way to internally regulate the party. If you like this idea, give it a like and make sure the Devs see this. If you can think of better bonuses or if you think of one for the Caster class, leave a comment!
    (0)
    Last edited by Sounsyy; 09-06-2012 at 02:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Will Brannigan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Your signature is pretty tall.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xt Hydra
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    BLM could be able to see... DPS of the group.. lol???
    wait no... how about arcanist would know DPS of monsters??
    (0)
    Last edited by XT_hydra; 10-24-2012 at 09:05 PM.