Player
    Character
    Junko Uchiha
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

Will there be a World Transfer in 2.0?

Many endgame linkshell after first merge are speculating that come 2.0 Se will be doing another Server transfer , I would like to know because it is some talks on my server from Shells being able to compete against Blue Gartr - Semper fidelis - Valour . As with 2.0 with 25 man content certain shell(s) Believe that leaving Server will give them better picking off the fresh and new player base . So if we can maybe get a answer as in is this going to be an Option in 2.0 along with New character recreation ..

Also to add if Yoshida has already answered this reply please post link
    Thank You .
    (1)
    hires.jpg

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    They haven't said anything, so we don't know yet.
    (2)

Community Rep
    When service begins for A Realm Reborn we'll be creating new worlds for new players. For a certain amount of time, existing users will be unable to move to these fresh-start worlds. (This is the information we received, but we'll be trying to get clarification on this later today)

Before we finalize details for current players wishing to transfer, we'll need to consider how we'd want to handle returning players. We'll be looking at the options with regard to the Beta Test conditions.

Some of you have been asking about the bullet point we mentioned during the FINAL FANTASY 25th Anniversary Event Special Talk Session about “improving the amount of freedom of world transfers” -- this meant that we will be setting up a world transfer service similar to FFXI.
    (35)
    Last edited by Bayohne; 10-24-2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Clarified
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

As long as I get a free world transfer to a NA data center server sometime in the future, I am okay with this
    (5)
    Retired FFXI character: Ranok of Sylph

Player
    Character
    Vanilla Latte
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    When service begins for A Realm Reborn we'll be creating new worlds for new players. For a certain amount of time, existing users will be unable to move. (This is the information we received, but we'll be trying to get clarification on this later today)

Before we finalize details for current players wishing to transfer, we'll need to consider how we'd want to handle returning players. We'll be looking at the options with regard to the Beta Test conditions.

Some of you have been asking about the bullet point we mentioned during the FINAL FANTASY 25th Anniversary Event Special Talk Session about “improving the amount of freedom of world transfers” -- this meant that we will be setting up a world transfer service similar to FFXI.
    Does it mean all existing users will be tied to the JP servers still? (after ARR launches)
    What if some players want to move to their regional servers?
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaLatte View Post
    Does it mean all existing users will be tied to the JP servers still? (after ARR launches)
    What if some players want to move to their regional servers?
    I believe our current servers will also be split into different data centers, so maybe...Ridill will become one of the NA data center servers and Aegis becomes JPN. Speculation!

It would be weird seeing 10 japanese servers, I don't imagine them having over 20 servers.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zahak; 09-25-2012 at 03:59 AM.
    Retired FFXI character: Ranok of Sylph

Player
    Character
    Breladine Mahr
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Does this mean we're still stuck with the JP dataservers at ARR launch, whether we want to be or not?

(Derp, had this open too long and the question was already asked.. but still)
    (1)

No leeching, No PL'ing, just 100% playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Breladine View Post
    Does this mean we're still stuck with the JP dataservers at ARR launch, whether we want to be or not?

(Derp, had this open too long and the question was already asked.. but still)
    Does it truly matter? Even the gamescom presentation showed that it's not even an iota close to how bad 1.0's servers are.
    (4)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    When service begins for A Realm Reborn we'll be creating new worlds for new players. For a certain amount of time, existing users will be unable to move. (This is the information we received, but we'll be trying to get clarification on this later today)

Hello,
    Could you get information about new server location?
    As you know all current servers are located in Japan and its not nice to play with high ping from Europe.
    Also there is no sense to chose "Ragnarok EU" because its empty and located in Japan too.

I really want to play without lags please.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aedan Yarborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Does it truly matter? Even the gamescom presentation showed that it's not even an iota close to how bad 1.0's servers are.
    Yes. It does.

If regional servers are only for new players come launch my head will explode in flames.

I want to know if I'm going to be allowed to transfer to a regional server at the start of ARR. I have nine characters that need to be moved. That is going to be a pretty pricey transfer if I'm forced to pay instead of getting a free transfer at launch.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast