Character
    Soul Devourer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    This particular aspect of WAR is what makes it so fun to gear and play. imo
    which skills do you recommend for Tanking and which skills do u recommend for DPSing?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Frankly, tanking or DPSing you want to be using all your WS combos (unless there's a specific reason not to turn the mob), about the only real difference when it comes to abilities however is you won't be using your hate abilities (save for your Steel Cyclone combo that's an unavoidable problem) when DPSing. Albeit you may want to put Blindside on (if you haven't already) to force Crit your WS's since you won't be using abilities like Flash.

From there it's more likely your gear that will change from a tanking setup to a less Enmity oriented setup.

Frankly my DPS and my tanking sets don't really differ, only I remove my enmity gear in favor of stuff like Explorer's Moccasins instead of Sentinel's Sabatons, Explorers Belt / Veterans Field Belt / -Enmity Raptorskin belt instead of my Enmity Melded Cobalt Plate Belt, and maybe my Fighter's Breeches for some Felt Trousers if Enmity becomes a problem.
    (0)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Renen View Post
    You are now in a thread made by a troll.
    Who is quite possibly a Rokien alt.

(in the rare case of a reeeeeally stupid person: Yes any nation can choose any GC)
    I think you may be correct. So random....
    (0)
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Shanvhere Kurosaki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I want to be a warrior to do damage, I do not want to tank and I feel I shouldn't be forced to tank as a warrior. If I am paying for a game and a monthly fee I feel as if I should be able to play a class as I want.
    (1)
    If pigs can really fly, I wouldn't care about anything else!!!

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    BEST part of be a Warrior[job] is you don't owe nobody... Warriors are not TANKs.

Even at level 50, LOOK @ me! v.v

We PLDs have taken more dmg than warriors because of our ability to block with a shield. I stood up to more mobs that way @ "Even Match"(or higher) than practicing on Warrior using it's Steel Cyclone and Infuriate ability.(I don't knock it, it actually fun!)

Warriors are a Damage Dealer role and that will never change but play it as you will. The Axe can be mightier than the sword when you have high enough Parry and VIT but then you still need a healer. There's an exception to the rule if go on the defensive and use cross-class abilities like Mantra, 2nd Wind, Awareness, *Featherfoot & Haymaker.

*Featherfoot and Haymaker can be very supportive in recovering low HP(if it comes down to it). This increases you evasion and the stunning move(1.0). (works very well if you in offensive mode)UPDATE: They updated Haymaker from stunning to adding a slow effect(which sucks), but comeon, it was a pug ability, i had fun with stunning and creeping up on a mob from behind for extra dmg. ;D
    (0)
    Last edited by PSxpert2011; 08-01-2013 at 01:28 AM.

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2