Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Soul Devourer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60

Main Role of Warriors in FFXIV is it TANKING or DPSING?

can they be pure DPS?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Yes, but a DPS WAR really only works well when there are lots of adds. Your job as WAR is both a tank and DPS, there are situations where your party will need you to do one or the other. If you plan on only being a DPS WAR, then I'd highly suggest leveling DRG as WAR isn't a very good single target DD.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Soul Devourer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    Yes, but a DPS WAR really only works well when there are lots of adds. Your job as WAR is both a tank and DPS, there are situations where your party will need you to do one or the other. If you plan on only being a DPS WAR, then I'd highly suggest leveling DRG as WAR isn't a very good single target DD.
    i see thanks for advice and which company should i choose for warrior? my nation is uldah can i still choose any company ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renen Angel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    You are now in a thread made by a troll.
    Who is quite possibly a Rokien alt.

(in the rare case of a reeeeeally stupid person: Yes any nation can choose any GC)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Soul Devourer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    you seem like an expert with warriors can you please tell me which skills that i should get from other jobs for my warrior and which sets do you recommend i carry with me for level 50
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chie Kaisuri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by mizukage View Post
    i see thanks for advice and which company should i choose for warrior? my nation is uldah can i still choose any company ?
    I advise joining Maelstrom or Immortal Flames if you're going to make WAR your main job. Check out what they both offer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    I advise joining Maelstrom or Immortal Flames if you're going to make WAR your main job. Check out what they both offer.
    Aye it's a solid choice, they offer some of the better tanking gear options of out the GC and has the best DPS accessories imo, but keep in mind it's only part of the deal. WAR by far is the easiest Job to hit stat caps without special or triple melded gear, so easy it's positively stupid. It was the first job I ever tried hitting stat caps with and I didn't try very hard, my PLD on the other hand is still short of the stat caps but I'm still busting my back after 4+ months trying to reach it.
    (0)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordCoheir View Post
    Aye it's a solid choice, they offer some of the better tanking gear options of out the GC and has the best DPS accessories imo, but keep in mind it's only part of the deal. WAR by far is the easiest Job to hit stat caps without special or triple melded gear, so easy it's positively stupid. It was the first job I ever tried hitting stat caps with and I didn't try very hard, my PLD on the other hand is still short of the stat caps but I'm still busting my back after 4+ months trying to reach it.
    This particular aspect of WAR is what makes it so fun to gear and play. imo
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    The point of the Warrior Class is that it Excel at both but not at the same time.

Warriors can sacrifice Defense to greatly improve Offense.

Warriors can sacrifice Offence to greatly increase Defense
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Astrix Thethird
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    ~~Pokemon~~
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast