Player
    Character
    Renen Angel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Obtaining summons

And I mean as summoner, not Free Company.
    If im not mistaken, the lore for the primals states that they are actually "good" but have been corrupted in some way or another.

Perhaps the summoner quests will make you somehow cleanse the primals or separate their "good" part from their corrupted part, and then allow you to summon that small and weakened part (or as some have said, maybe putting it into some other vessel, like wind carby or some such)

Thoughts?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaiser Drill
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    The primals are considered evil by the humans and garleans. This is because they are the gods of the beastmen tribes that they fight against. The beastmen tribes summoned them as a way to defend themselves and the aether that people are taking from the planet. So the primals being good or evil is just a matter of perspective.

As far as summoner goes, we wont know how exactley how we obtain them. I am of the thought they will be housed. In equippable gemstones like in ffix. Perhaps each job quest gives you another gemstone to use (e.g. In ffix ramuh was housed in the peridot stone)

We are going to house the essence of primals in a lesser being. Yoshi has already stated that carby is arcanist exclusive, however changing to summoner will grant access to other pets, essences of ifrit and garuda having already been confirmed.
    (1)

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Summoning is a forbidden art in Eorzea. So, no to happy friendly primal essence lol.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Renen Angel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrien View Post
    Summoning is a forbidden art in Eorzea. So, no to happy friendly primal essence lol.
    It can still be friendly. Even if the action of summoning is forbidden.

As for the "good" I'm not sure Ifrit's lore, but I think garuda was good at some point and then became too bloodthirsty after she lost a fight to some great drake, and had to eat some humans to survive. (Unless im way wrong)
    (0)

Summoning was forbidden in FFXI too and the Avatars wanted to rip your skull off for entertainment for trying to wake them. Also I hope to god the essences is just another way of saying Avatar (basically not the actual being, but an image) and not something that will inhabit Carbuncle or they took a very large step backwards from XI lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renen Angel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Lots of people hate on ff11 system, But I think they should have something like that, just w/o the useless skills (1/2 the skills in 11 weren't worth using)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hiro Hikari
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I'm kind of digging the idea of Carby taking on the form of what ever primal we plan on summoning. Even in FFXI I never felt like my summons outside of Carby were really there cause I was some bad ass or something.

I'd be bummed though if as Summoner we can't summon Carby.
    (1)

I do recall them saying Carby is Arcanist only, but that could all change.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Volta Asura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    I think it's safe to say that summoner will have abilities and skills off the bat. Their summoning power is suppossed to be the "essense" of the primals, not necessarily a summoning role as a traditional FF title. So i think it would be accurate to say that most likey thats we'll prolly get most "essense" abilities/spells right off the bat, and the rest be unlocked trying to get your AF, like any other job and its corresponding abilities. This is not the summoner you are used to from xi, or X, I don't think, and it doesn;t sound like, its going to be something you invest time and effort into.....not like xi by far, and imo thats a bad thing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Volta Asura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    Additionally, when it comes to summoner, it doesn't appear we will actually be obtaining primals/summons. We will be able to acquire new abilities/spells of the primals' essense, but thats prolly it. From my understanding, you can only "obtain" a primal in a free company, after 1. your free comany kills the primal and 2. if your free company can build up enough points to be able to use it, before it goes back o roaming the world.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast