Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76

Character Data File?

Quick question. Planning to wipe my harddrives reinstall windows get rid of the gigabytes of stuff i never use or need and have a mass clear out basically.

I remember a dev said the charactor creator for arr will pull the existing data off my computer when i go to create my charactor in arr.

Will it pull my existing charactors data from the server if i delete everything on my hard drives and if not which files do i need to keep?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    If you have any char profile you made save then you can get just save that file on a USB. But really you need to do is wait for 2.0 benchmark and make the char there and if you like it and want to keep it you can use that one in 2.0 release.

The only data that is store in our char is stuff like macros, and screenshot and char profit that you made so if you end up delete and remaking you don't have to remake your char 100% each time you do so.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    The A Realm Reborn client is completely different from the current version, so it's fine to uninstall the game if you'd like!

However, please keep in mind that it will be possible to import your current character data to the ARR character creation benchmark to play around with. So if you'd like to do that, be sure to back up your FFXIV folder located in your My Games > FINAL FANTASY XIV before uninstalling.
    According to Rukkirii, you can uninstall the 1.0 client. The benchmark will use the character data on your machine. You don't NEED your character data though. That's the stuff being transferred to ARR, so SE has all that stuff with them.

I'm sure the game will recognize you from 1.0 and when you create your character, the "default" will be your 1.0 character if that makes sense.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kerin Kor
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    There is no data for your current characters on your PC. What I believe was being referred to in what you read from that dev. was the list of 8 already-created characters XIV's character creator would offer you.

In Windows 7 there is a FINAL FANTASY XIV folder in My Games, where there is some character stuff (macro files, log files etc).

There seems nothing in there which contains character info (by which I mean none of the file names stand out) to which Rukkiri would be referring.

However, I do recall that the character creation tool discovered previously created characters from some file somewhere, since one time I created a character on a second PC and I didn't get the option to select a pre-created one which I normally was offered when creating characters on my main XIV PC.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kerin Kor
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Actually, I just discovered it. In the My Games tree is a folder called 00000000, that seems to contain the 8 previously-created character data, the files have names beginning 'ccmb', presumably cc - Character Creation, not sure about the 'mb'.

Those must be the files being referred to.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    ok cheers. copied those. my ffxiv folder in mygames is like 41 gigabytes somehow........ hence the reason for the clear up
    (0)