Character
    Guevara San
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 50

WHM and The Aurum Vale - Please Help Me

Hello There fellow WHMs,

I am posting this since I am quite desperate for getting the Achievements in AV, before it's too late.

I have very little experience in there and, being an honest person, when I explain this to the already very few AV shouts, they don't usually even reply to me.

Can someone explain how to play there as WHM?

Or, should you be on Sargatanas and feel like doing charity, invite me to your AV parties .... I learn fast

Thanks for listening.
    (0)

Player

I would say as a white mage in av your job is to keep regen from falling off the party. So keeping track of sacred prism and regen timers is key, knowing when to use it and manage rotations will make your job very easy. I would try to cap out your regen if you can, at 438 with healers boots.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mikita Nightsong
    World
    Anima
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    We usually have 2 White Mages in the poison rooms, and they coordinate who will cast Sacred Prism + Regen first before heading into the poisoned air. After that they will take turns casting Regen on the party to make sure it never wears off.

If you have your Enhancement Magic a bit above 400 (or so) Regen should just about cancel out the poison.

We usually have the Bard cast Sacred Prism + Stoneskin so the White Mages can keep Sacred Prism for Regen.

Other notes would be to pre-buff the tank before you get to any of the fighting spots and make sure the tank is one who can survive for a while under heavy attack. If you have to cast a cure you will probably get hate and quickly find yourself out of action.

And for the boss fights we often have just one White Mage.

We're not super good at Aurum Vale, but are practicing to do the speed runs and these are the general things I keep in mind when going as White Mage. ^^
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ellunavi Sevald
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gugnir View Post
    I would say as a white mage in av your job is to keep regen from falling off the party. So keeping track of sacred prism and regen timers is key, knowing when to use it and manage rotations will make your job very easy. I would try to cap out your regen if you can, at 438 with healers boots.

438 is a good goal to aim for but you definitely don't need anywhere around that amount to be of use. WHM can get through AV with just AF and ~400 Enhancement. Its good to have good communication with your Other WHM in AV though because if regen falls you are looking at near wipe experience in the first two areas. After that the party usually goes from 2x Whm to 1 x whm leaving you solo healing Coincounter and Miser.

Just a tip on Coincounter, keep an eye on him and the tank making sure to apply stoneskin whenever its up and start cast Cura about 1~2 seconds after he crabs his cudgel with both hands (Meaning he is gunna do a big hit). Miser fight is pretty easy, just don't stand in the way of his breath^^
    (0)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Many speedruns have the WHM buff the party and then Switch to MNK for Miser.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    In the poison rooms, use Curaga early and often. If you make sure to use it as soon as people start taking damage you will be able to keep the entire party topped off due to how Curaga works. If you wait too long you will only end up healing 2-3 people and then the rest of the group is screwed.

And don't be afraid to use Benediction in the poison rooms if it will prevent someone from dying.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carraway Author
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 90
    It depends greatly on the exact route your group will be taking and whether or not your group will be eating the red morbol pieces (which greatly reduce damage intake from the noxious fumes) or blue (less damage reduction, but longer duration). Your goal as stated previously should be to ensure that Regen never falls off; if it does for even a few seconds, you can fall behind on keeping the group alive to the point where you might need to use Benediction or PoM Curaga.

When doing <17m runs with no fruit as a solo WHM, I typically Sacred Prism right after entry and then keep it on cooldown for the rest of the poison rooms. I use Curaga to top people off. The BRD in our groups uses Prism Stoneskin at a couple different spots.

I suggest watching a few different AV videos, including some Japanese ones, in order to get an impression of how a run might go.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Guevara San
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 50
    Thank you very much for the tips guys. =)

Now I only need to find some shouts (or shout myself) and try them out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wolf Howl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    My personal AV run looks like this:

Pop prism second you enter. Cast Regen/Stoneskin just as node clears.

Pop prism second it's off CD in first room. Cast Regen/Stoneskin. Top party off with Curaga.

Recast protect at node in first room as you wait.

Pop prism second is off CD again (should be before tele node to second room)

Cast Stoneskin/Regen before entering second room.

Cast Curaga on highest DPS (A BLM for me), Shroud of Saints, Prism second its off CD again Regen/Stoneskin, Curaga

Single Target Regen the BRD before leaving for chest.

Curaga, single target heal at last plant.

Prism Regen/Stoneskin at mushrooms.

Curaga at second room node topping party off until leaving room.

(The X factor to this point is if I am the second WHM. Depending on fight I may have to use Benediction during the first pull in second room due to a toad add, or plant knockback. Other times I might have to use Benediction just as the mushrooms go down as the BRD will be returning low HP as well as the BLMs.)

Prism Regen/Stoneskin, protect at top of ramp. (Change to BLM or keep going solo WHM at this point.)

Standard heal tank and keep regen on tank at all times until entering Miser room. Do no go out of your way to buff, heal etc etc from CC to Miser. Keep regen on tank and buff when it can be done without stoping. Curaga during pulls should be enough for everyone else.

Prism Regen, protect as we pop Miser node, Benediction pt at gather to Miser, change to MNK.

That's about it for me. You will get the feel for the group you run with. It will become second nature who you know will pull hate or need extra attention in certain areas.
    (1)
    Come on down to Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse! Route 2 in Weekapaug.