Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Can someone give me a DRG skill rotation?

Hi guys

My LS allow me to come drg for the next events, but i never played it on NMs like chimera or Miser's Mistress so i don't want to kill my DPS because i lack of practice.

Can someone gives me his skill rotation pls ? ^_^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Spikey Sato
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    i find the best way is to start at the back do cant remember the names of them out of my head and at work so cant check...
    do the back one to side one then keen fury > blindside that blood power move... and choas thurst then do the front WS combo and by the time u get back to the back you other combo that goes back > side > DRG unlock WS should be ready to go do that when thats done just wait a few secs and repeat...

what i do... sorry cant remember the name but some prob tell ya the name on here or even give u a better rotation but its the best i've found so far....

Better of just going out and testing it for urself and finding the best one that suits u...
    (0)
    Spikey Sato
    CEO ~ Project Evolutionz
    Gamer of the Year 2010/2011, Walked Away First Place

Yes I'm Irish, Yes I Drink Alot & Yes I Do Play A Lalafell On FFXIV! What's Your Point?

Spikey's Gaming Work -> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4359860/

Player
    Character
    Narctiss Telraki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ssppiikkeeyy View Post
    do the back one to side one then keen fury > blindside that blood power move... and choas thurst
    Unless they changed it back again, why would you waste blindside and blood 4 blood on a multi-hit WS where it only affects the first hit of the skill? Doomspike would be a much better choice to use your buffs with.

Example opening to a battle:

Invigorate >
    True Thrust > Leg Sweep > Blood 4 Blood, Quelling Stroke, Blindside, Keen Flurry > Doomspike
    Vorpal Thrust > Impulse Drive > Chaos Thrust
    Depending which fight you're in, you may be running about a bit and by this time:
    True Thrust > Leg Sweep > Doomspike
    Vorpal Thrust > Impulse Drive > Ring of Talons

There's no 'correct' rotation to use on DRG. There are particular WS you will want to buff up on, and especially ones to use Keen Flurry with (e.g. Ring of Talons when killing plumes vs Garuda and Ants vs Chimera) and you might use very similar opening attacks in battles, but apart from that, a lot of it is situational to the fight and you will get a feel for what works best for you to use over time and practice. Practice, practice, practice.

Good luck!

P.s. Use throwing weapons for TP gain. ^^
    (4)

Player

Thanks guys =)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Agilo Sur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 23
    Don't forget to hit power surge first, and keep an eye on the icon to make sure it doesn't wear!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rauban Daz
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    And Use Hawk Eye on Chaos thrust sometimes it tends to become a fivefold attack so its good to hit it
    and if Doom spike timer is not ready and Chaos thrust is add Blood4Blood quilling strike hawk eye to it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leoheart Azurium
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Missing hits on Chaos thrust doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing, however.
    Missing a hit can let you get a Full Thrust, Feint > Disembowel combo off, leaving you off with better DPS and your TP back, paralyze is awesome sauce too.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Leoheart View Post
    Missing hits on Chaos thrust doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing, however.
    Missing a hit can let you get a Full Thrust, Feint > Disembowel combo off, leaving you off with better DPS and your TP back, paralyze is awesome sauce too.
    This is very good to do, I have Full Thrust, Feint and Disembowel all lined up next to Chaos Thrust on my bar and I'll be lying if I said I didn't hope at least one of my Chaos Thrust hits missed every time lol.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shadow Cadja
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubahn View Post
    Chaos thrust sometimes it tends to become a fivefold attack
    lol tends to become ? more like it is a sixfold attack no? And adding any sorts of buffs to chaos thurst other than keen flurry is pretty useless, you are better off using Blood for Blood, Blindside and Quelling strike on doomspike, since theyall share 1 min timer except blood for blood that is 45s on DRG.
    (1)
    Last edited by ShadowCadja; 08-31-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    Dreadnought ~ http://dn.guildwork.com/

"If you want something, don't ask for it. Go out and win it, do that and you will succeed!"

Player
    Character
    Rauban Daz
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCadja View Post
    lol tends to become ? more like it is a fivefold attack no? And adding any sorts of buffs to chaos thurst other than keen flurry is pretty useless, you are better off using Blood for Blood, Blindside and Quelling strike on doomspike, since theyall share 1 min timer except blood for blood that is 45s on DRG.
    Really? ok let me show u my rotation and few info on Chaos Thrust:
    1- You combo out Doom spike with Keen Flury B4B Quelling Strike BlindSide (no Hawk Eye since the combo already has an Acc Bonus) - 0 Timer on Doom Spike 30-25 on Leg Sweep True thrust is back,B4B is 45 secs, Blind Side Quelling Strike timers are 60sec , Keen Flurry is 90 sec-

2- You do Doom Spike again hoping it Crit. without any buffs since they are on timers. (Keen Flurry timer 55 Because u waited for Leg sweep)

3-B4B is at 10 Secs, Blind side Quelling strike timers are at 25 secs cuz u waited for leg sweep to recharge and Doom Spike timer is 60sec.

4-you Combo Chaos thrust With B4B Hawk eye (Quelling Strike and Blind Side are at 15secs). (that = #1 Combo in damage terms if 2-3 critcs. Hence it has an increase Crit damage and when combo it has increased Crit rate so u want to guarantee that they all hit and u dont wanna make it miss) (Keen Flurry is at 30 secs, Doom Spike at 50 Cuz u waited for B4B)

5-B4B and Keen Flurry sharing the same time atm (45 Secs) so u Execute Ring of Talons Combo to add some more Damage and to cut down that 45 secs timer.

6- "Rinse and Repeat When Keen Flurry and B4B is Back which is only a 45-40 secs of gathering tp again "

And i Dont get you its not like if i Added Hawk eye or used it it gonna be BAAAAAAAAAAD for me am just Guaranteeing its 6 Fold attack against High Evasion Mobs It wont kill you if u popped it. More over why would i use Keen Flurry on Chaos Thrust when Vorbal Thrust and Impulse Thrust timers are higher than True Thrust and Leg Sweep It doesnt make any sense.
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast