Player
    Character
    Hung Hero
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    while waiting, prepare to start:
    Power Surge, Invigorate, Quelling Strike (QS)

1. Jump
    2. Javelin Throw
    3. Vorpal Thrust (behind) > Impulse Drive (side) > Keen Flurry > Chaos Thrust
    4. Javelin Throw
    5. True Thrust (front) > Leg Sweep > B4B, blindside, QS (if up again) > Doomspike (behind)
    6. Javelin Throw
    7. Vorpal Thrust (behind) > Impulse Drive (side) > Chaos Thrust
    8. Javelin Throw
    9. True Thrust (front) > Heavy Thrust
    10. Vorpal Thrust (behind) > Impulse Drive (side) > Rings of Talon

... rinse repeat ... as abilities go back up.
    - use Keen with Chaos
    - use buffs with Doom
    - throw Javelin after big WS animation/Jump (unless in fight that punish animation lock)
    - use Full Thrust, Feint > Disembowel if miss anything
    - use Chameleon, Elusive Jump as needed
    - use Jump, Invigorate when up
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Yjrn Eruyt
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Hung View Post

1. Jump
    2. Javelin Throw
    4. Javelin Throw
    5. True Thrust (front) > Leg Sweep > B4B, blindside, QS (if up again) > Doomspike (behind)
    6. Javelin Throw
    8. Javelin Throw

- use Keen with Chaos
    - use buffs with Doom
    - throw Javelin after big WS animation/Jump (unless in fight that punish animation lock)
    Exactly, if you want to copy any rotation. Then copy this one.
    My rotation works as Hung's, that way you don't have large downtimes.

As stated above, don't pop skills like Hawkes Eye for Chaos Thrust, one miss isn't bad and gives you more Damage from the Feint Combo than the single Hit would be worth.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80

1. Jump
    2. Javelin Throw
    4. Javelin Throw
    6. Javelin Throw
    8. Javelin Throw

- use Keen with Chaos
    - use buffs with Doom
    - use Chameleon, Elusive Jump whenever possible after your initial combo
    Slight change and this is pretty much as good as it gets for single target DPS.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eliseus Kayne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyNeudaiz View Post
    Slight change and this is pretty much as good as it gets for single target DPS.
    Wrong, if you want to maximize your dps you don't use cham/elusive jump whenever possible because then you are using a cooldown when you could be doing something else like throwing a javelin or auto attack or anything for that matter. Like Hung said, only use it when it is needed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Wrong, if you want to maximize your dps you don't use cham/elusive jump whenever possible because then you are using a cooldown when you could be doing something else like throwing a javelin or auto attack or anything for that matter. Like Hung said, only use it when it is needed.
    Lol, now I know that you only reply to me to disagree with me. Seriously, how much uber 1337 game breaking dps can you do in 5 seconds. Please, tell me. This should be amusing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eliseus Kayne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Lol, now I know that you only reply to me to disagree with me. Seriously, how much uber 1337 game breaking dps can you do in 5 seconds. Please, tell me. This should be amusing.
    Are you really that mad because I told you you were wrong? Get over yourself. It's called criticism. I just don't like wrong info being spread around to other Dragoons and I've held my tongue the past few weeks. Then I see your dumb ass still posting wrong info so finally said something again. Don't like it? Not my fault, stop posting wrong information.

I'm not here to troll you, just make sure that the OP who asked the question understands that he doesn't spam Cham/elusive jump if he wants to min/max. So please don't turn this into one of your troll threads and respond with some "na na na boo-boo stick your head in doo-doo" response.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eliseus; 09-06-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Marka Ragnos
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80

1. Jump
    2. Javelin Throw
    4. Javelin Throw
    6. Javelin Throw
    8. Javelin Throw

- use Keen with Chaos
    - use buffs with Doom
    I see that you use your Chaos Thrust combo before your buff'd Doomspike Combo. Is there a reasoning behind using ur Chaos Thrust combo first? I'm used to putting b4b, blindside and QS on Cooldown as fast as i can so i open up with that combo first. New dragoon here so it's rather confusing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Forerunner Highwind
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    I see that you use your Chaos Thrust combo before your buff'd Doomspike Combo. Is there a reasoning behind using ur Chaos Thrust combo first? I'm used to putting b4b, blindside and QS on Cooldown as fast as i can so i open up with that combo first. New dragoon here so it's rather confusing.
    I do the same for two reasons.

A.) By the time I throw out full buff Doomspike, tank has built a decent chunk of hate for me to catch up, extending the effectiveness of Chameleon/Elusive Jump.

B.) I like Chaos Thrust.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Are you really that mad because I told you you were wrong? Get over yourself. It's called criticism. I just don't like wrong info being spread around to other Dragoons and I've held my tongue the past few weeks. Then I see your dumb ass still posting wrong info so finally said something again. Don't like it? Not my fault, stop posting wrong information.

I'm not here to troll you, just make sure that the OP who asked the question understands that he doesn't spam Cham/elusive jump if he wants to min/max. So please don't turn this into one of your troll threads and respond with some "na na na boo-boo stick your head in doo-doo" response.
    "You're wrong and I do not back up anything I say with facts." = replying just to say "you're wrong" = forum troll. Try harder guy.

I have a reason for why I said what I did. As a well geared, skilled DRG you're going to be able to build enmity off raw damage faster than any WAR and most PLD's and if you do not need Chameleon and Elusive Jump on cooldown then you're not doing enough damage and you should look at getting a new gear set and practice some more or you have a very impressive PLD tanking. One of the big boons DRG gets is the reduce enmity skills which increase your max damage output without taking hate.

You pretend to act like I don't know what I'm talking about but here, look my character up. Garuda (post mana burn) + 5CSR CC/AV. I'm no noob. Go on and pretend like it's "my way or the highway" I offered my advice and if the OP doesn't like it he doesn't have to listen to me.

Btw, the irony of what I bolded is effing hilarious.
    (1)
    Last edited by AmyNeudaiz; 09-06-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Eliseus Kayne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    "You're wrong and I do not back up anything I say with facts." = replying just to say "you're wrong" = forum troll. Try harder guy.

I have a reason for why I said what I did. As a well geared, skilled DRG you're going to be able to build enmity off raw damage faster than any WAR and most PLD's and if you do not need Chameleon and Elusive Jump on cooldown then you're not doing enough damage and you should look at getting a new gear set and practice some more or you have a very impressive PLD tanking. One of the big boons DRG gets is the reduce enmity skills which increase your max damage output without taking hate.

You pretend to act like I don't know what I'm talking about but here, look my character up. Garuda (post mana burn) + 5CSR CC/AV. I'm no noob. Go on and pretend like it's "my way or the highway" I offered my advice and if the OP doesn't like it he doesn't have to listen to me.

Btw, the irony of what I bolded is effing hilarious.
    Troll is actually someone who responds to something to try and get a rise out of someone else. I didn't try to get a rise out of you but you are definitely mad bro.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eliseus; 09-06-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast