Character
    Shadow Cadja
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubahn View Post
    Really? ok let me show u my rotation and few info on Chaos Thrust:
    1- You combo out Doom spike with Keen Flury B4B Quelling Strike BlindSide (no Hawk Eye since the combo already has an Acc Bonus) - 0 Timer on Doom Spike 30-25 on Leg Sweep True thrust is back,B4B is 45 secs, Blind Side Quelling Strike timers are 60sec , Keen Flurry is 90 sec-

2- You do Doom Spike again hoping it Crit. without any buffs since they are on timers. (Keen Flurry timer 55 Because u waited for Leg sweep)

3-B4B is at 10 Secs, Blind side Quelling strike timers are at 25 secs cuz u waited for leg sweep to recharge and Doom Spike timer is 60sec.

4-you Combo Chaos thrust With B4B Hawk eye (Quelling Strike and Blind Side are at 15secs). (that = #1 Combo in damage terms if 2-3 critcs. Hence it has an increase Crit damage and when combo it has increased Crit rate so u want to guarantee that they all hit and u dont wanna make it miss) (Keen Flurry is at 30 secs, Doom Spike at 50 Cuz u waited for B4B)

5-B4B and Keen Flurry sharing the same time atm (45 Secs) so u Execute Ring of Talons Combo to add some more Damage and to cut down that 45 secs timer.

6- "Rinse and Repeat When Keen Flurry and B4B is Back which is only a 45-40 secs of gathering tp again "

And i Dont get you its not like if i Added Hawk eye or used it it gonna be BAAAAAAAAAAD for me am just Guaranteeing its 6 Fold attack against High Evasion Mobs It wont kill you if u popped it. More over why would i use Keen Flurry on Chaos Thrust when Vorbal Thrust and Impulse Thrust timers are higher than True Thrust and Leg Sweep It doesnt make any sense.
    Leg Sweep and Impulse drive have both 30 secs CD, without buffs, doomspikes/chaos thurst/ring of talons do around the same iirc, doomspike probably even doing less dmg, doing chaos thurst without hawks eye is better because, like others stated above, missing 1 hit or so on chaos thurst is actually pretty good cuz can just do Full Thrust > Feint > Disembowel for tp gain, paralyze AND of course higher dps done, at least this is what makes more sense to me and has worked on doing pretty good dmg in any fight so far ^^;
    (0)
    Dreadnought ~ http://dn.guildwork.com/

"If you want something, don't ask for it. Go out and win it, do that and you will succeed!"

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    Call me old fashion but I still think a fully buffed Doomspike is the best thing ever. I love that sound it makes.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Narctiss Telraki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    4-you Combo Chaos thrust With B4B Hawk eye (Quelling Strike and Blind Side are at 15secs). (that = #1 Combo in damage terms if 2-3 critcs. Hence it has an increase Crit damage and when combo it has increased Crit rate so u want to guarantee that they all hit and u dont wanna make it miss) (Keen Flurry is at 30 secs, Doom Spike at 50 Cuz u waited for B4B)
    I said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again.
    Why use B4B on a multi-hit WS where it only affects the first hit? Following the rotation you put up, why wouldn't you save it for that RoT at the very, very least? Just seems very useless to use it on Chaos Thrust.

Unless I'm wrong and they changed it so buffs only affect the first hit of multi-hit WS and then suddenly decided to change it back, I don't understand why you'd waste it here?

Quote Originally Posted by AmyNeudaiz View Post
    Call me old fashion but I still think a fully buffed Doomspike is the best thing ever. I love that sound it makes.
    +1
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mister Wonderful
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Narctiss View Post
    Why use B4B on a multi-hit WS where it only affects the first hit? Following the rotation you put up, why wouldn't you save it for that RoT at the very, very least? Just seems very useless to use it on Chaos Thrust.

Unless I'm wrong and they changed it so buffs only affect the first hit of multi-hit WS and then suddenly decided to change it back, I don't understand why you'd waste it here?
    Should not have changed. Using buffs like b4b and hawk's eye on Chaos thrust is still useless.

P.s. Use throwing weapons for TP gain. ^^
    +1
    (0)
    Last edited by Mister-Wonderful; 08-31-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Player
    Character
    Hoolie Who
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 55
    I use Blood for Blood, Blindside and Quelling Strike with Doomspike. They stack well and their cool down timers are such that they will always be ready to stack.

I use Keen Flurry with either Chaos Thrust or Ring of Talons, depending on what I am fighting. I never use Hawk's Eye on Dragoon anymore now that we no longer have inaccurate weaponskills.

It can be worthwhile to freelance some True Thrusts -> Leg Sweep combos while waiting on the cool downs of your major weaponskills because you want to build up Power Surge to level III as soon as you can.
    (1)
    The First Law of Roegadynics: "A Roegadyn may not injure a Lalafell or, through inaction, allow a Lalafell to come to harm."

Player
    Character
    Rauban Daz
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60

+1
    ok so i made a test on wether B4B affected the first hit or not on a level 54 Pig here's the results knowing that i had my hp at 70% ~ just to clear out why to use b4b on a multi hit ws like that instead of ring of talons.

so why did the first hit was the same as every other hit for the exception of that critical hit? and some were even higher?
    B4B affects all hits in Chaos Thrust as u can see you can go and test it yourself if you dont believe me.

and yes i know chaos thrust is accurate atm but i only said use hawks eye on it in situations like garuda or high evasion bosses.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    ok so i made a test on wether B4B affected the first hit or not on a level 54 Pig here's the results knowing that i had my hp at 70% ~ just to clear out why to use b4b on a multi hit ws like that instead of ring of talons.

[image]

so why did the first hit was the same as every other hit for the exception of that critical hit? and some were even higher?
    B4B affects all hits in Chaos Thrust as u can see you can go and test it yourself if you dont believe me.

and yes i know chaos thrust is accurate atm but i only said use hawks eye on it in situations like garuda or high evasion bosses.
    You do realize that a single test of this has basically 0 weight right?
    Plus the effect of Blood for Blood wouldn't be all that noticable on such a low damage hit. Example: the first hit, 166, could of really been a buffed 150~ hit. Even if it ended up being higher near 160 unbuffed like the rest it still would be so negligable that you would barely notice. For 160~ damage hits I'd guess blood for blood only increases the damage of a single hit by maybe 10-15 damage more which is for sure within the max and min damage for hits at that damage range. I'm by no means sticking to this conclusion for no reason, this info that it only effects the first hit was from the devs if I recall correctly.

I hope I'm getting my point across clearly, I'm pretty tired atm lol.
    (1)
    Last edited by AmyNeudaiz; 09-01-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I wish Chaos Thrust did more damage ; ;

Or at least consume Power Surge to gain a damage bonus or something.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Narctiss Telraki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Sorry man, just stop being dumb and trying to back up something you are wrong about with a null and void test. Buffs only affect the first hit of multi-hit WS.
    Let me just throw this out there to back up what I've now said three times and yet you fail to grasp:

[dev1206] Abilities that affect your next offensive ability will now benefit only the first stage of multistage weaponskills.
    From patch 1.20 notes: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...tch-1.20-Notes

Thank you, and goodnight.
    (No offense meant, Raub. I just do not like the spread of misinformation based on 'eyeballing' something. Rethink your DRG rotation and check up on all facts before claiming something to be true).
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rauban Daz
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Sorry man, just stop being dumb and trying to back up something you are wrong about with a null and void test. Buffs only affect the first hit of multi-hit WS.
    Let me just throw this out there to back up what I've now said three times and yet you fail to grasp:

From patch 1.20 notes: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...tch-1.20-Notes

Thank you, and goodnight.
    (No offense meant, Raub. I just do not like the spread of misinformation based on 'eyeballing' something. Rethink your DRG rotation and check up on all facts before claiming something to be true).
    Yes apparently i missed that sentence from the patch notes in 1.20 sorry for the misinformation and non taken narc.
    (1)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast