Thread: PLD Gear?

Player
    Character
    Lady Gaga
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    also , when you use punctuation like this . i know you dont know what your talking about regardless of subject ! ! !
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Stu Foo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceofspades View Post
    It is a FACT, a FACT, stufoo, stacking HDL vs melded hq cobalt DOSE NOT GIVE YOU MORE DEF AND VIT . If you think that DLH is the ends all for tank gear, then GREAT! wear it and have fun.
    I guess I'll repost this.

My Gear

Curtana
    Holy Shield: 25
    HDL Body: 308
    Sent Belt: 29
    HDL Legs: 218
    HDL Hands: 85
    Underwear: 14
    Stonewall Ear: 3
    Militia Neck: 12
    Raptorskin Wristband: 13
    Electrum: 1
    Stonewall Ring: 5
    GLA traits: 30
    Base defense: 20

Total: 3807 HP
    Total: 763 Defense
    Total: 313 Vitality
    Total: 404 Accuracy

Ace's Gear

Skirmish Weapon
    Vintage Kite: 39
    Cobalt Cuirass: 222
    Cobalt Celata: 95
    Cobalt Gauntlets: 77
    Felt Trousers: 137
    Cobalt Belt: 30
    Explorer's Sabatons: 75 (He didn't post these in his screenshot, I almost missed them. Is he ashamed? )
    Underwear: 14
    Stonewall Ear: 3
    Stonewall Choker: 11
    Coral Armillae: 8
    Vit Ring: 1
    Vit Ring: 1
    GLA Traits: 30
    Base defense: 20

Total: 3472 HP
    Total: 763 Defense
    Total: 374 Vitality
    Total: 352 Accuracy

Remember, weapon, shield meld, belt, and jewelry have nothing to do with Heavy Darklight. If I wore your stupid shield and for some reason decided to use your melded VIT sword over relic, I'd have...

Total: 773 Defense (10 more than you)
    Total: 383 Vitality (9 more than you)

Now, that we've established that nothing but Head+Body, Hands, Legs+feet are relevant, let's compare those.

HDL Body+Head: 308, 20v
    HDL Hands: 85, 12v
    HDL Legs+Feet: 218, 12v

Total Def: 611
    Total VIT: 44

Cobalt Body (222) + Cobalt Head (95): 317, 7v
    Cobalt Hands: 77
    Trousers (137, 20v) + Explorers Feet: (75, 7v): 212, 27v

Total Def: 606
    Total VIT: 34

Heavy Darklight has more Defense and Vitality than your gear, which you are proud of melding. It has a lot more HP, and it has a lot more enmity. You are completely wrong for not wanting it (oh but I know you doooo).

I would LOVE to see your HP/ENMITY built take the damage I take
    Well you see, I can't. Because I have more Def and Vit than you, I would take less. I'm terribly sorry, but you won't see what you'd love to.

However, this setup is fundamentally crippled from the start because you have like 350 accuracy and won't hit a god damned thing, period, ever. Your gear does not function in endgame. It lacks accuracy and enmity to provide reliable, consistent hate gain on bosses to an extent that damage dealers can go all out. If you played this game with competent players (aka: ones that won't party with you) you would realize these things. Sort of a catch 22 there.

You don't have to get mad just because I have higher DEF and VIT than you with Heavy Darklight, you'll beat me one day. Keep bankrupting yourself on stupid melds for absolutely pointless gear setups.

---------------------------

As a contrast, let's look at Ace's comparisons of an "HDL Paladin" and His.

Attributes Darklight Heavy Leggs/Feet
    Defense218HP140Vitality12Dexterity12Evasion-20Magic Evasion10Enmity25

Attributes Darklight Heavy Body/HeadDefense308HP160Vitality20Evasion-20Magic Evasion10Regen5Enmity45

Attributes Darlight Heavy HandsDefense85HP80Vitality12Mind12Evasion-20Magic Evasion5Enmity45
    ------------------------------------------
    Total Def: 611

Total Vit: 44
    -----------------------------------------
    + 39 Def for the shield = 650
    + 34 vit for the sword = 78 vit

With my Current gear, Def is 763 and vit is 375. 814 Def 381 vit with full party and food.

Conclusion; DLH is overrated for PLD set up.
    I don't even think he batted an eye when he noticed (or maybe he didn't notice, this IS the man who posted a 121% overall block rate parse (I would ask myself why anyone would listen to this person but I know nobody does, god bless you all)) that there was a 113 defense gap between the two "sets". He compared the three HDL pieces to his entire total on his gear screen. He left off belt, traits, base defense, and jewelry. He even added food to the gap when it's a complete non-factor. He is too inept to do any kind of actual "brain work" on this game and how you should play it. Completely, utterly, shamefully, bad at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    I'd warn you as to which posters you probably don't want to be taking advice from on the PLD forums, but I think it would be an insult on your intelligence to think you can't figure this one out on your own.
    Aceofspades, I love you. Unironically. If you were near me in real life I would pet your nose.

I would not mind if you stopped posting though.
    (2)
    Last edited by Stufoo; 09-21-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hao Fu
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Lr98kUyeY
    I'm curious as to why the tank chose not to use HDL gear when switched to PLD for Chimera.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximus Caladbolg
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Probably have better HP melds on gear/ mnd materia on head piece.
    (0)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14