Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    I don't understand your reasoning. Giantsgall becomes less valuable when you've already reached cap through other means. The way I figure, the main attraction of Giantsgall weapons was melding primary and secondary stats to close the gaps for people who could not fill them up elsewhere.
    You would be correct Almalexia.
    (0)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Ellunavi Sevald
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    I don't understand your reasoning. Giantsgall becomes less valuable when you've already reached cap through other means. The way I figure, the main attraction of Giantsgall weapons was melding primary and secondary stats to close the gaps for people who could not fill them up elsewhere.

Let's say you've already geared yourself to 350/310, which is good enough for Ifrit/Moogle/Giantsgall.

Ifrit has +30 ATK
    Moogle has +30 ACC.
    Giantsgall has effectively +10ACC, since the INT is irrelevant at cap.

The one advantage Giantsgall has is melding, but what of it? MNK can't meld ATK. You would need 3-4x STR meld to get an ATK value equivalent to Ifrit. INT is useless now. The only other thing is ACC, but you must meld over 20ACC to supersede Moogle's bonus. If you were really hurting for accuracy, it's easy to make a case for Giantsgall. However, weapons in FFXIV have been transient, so I have always been suspicious of expensive weapon melding.

If I already had these three weapons in my locker, I would use Ifrit with ACC food/high ACC situations and/or moogle with ATK food/low ACC situations. Giantsgall would be money.

If you already have stat caps without a weapon then I still think Giantsgall is bette since there plenty of melding options and you can reorganize your gear to even further better yourself. I don understand why having another meldable option is bad, add in some ACC on top of that and the weapon is looking pretty good. I think you just aren't thinking outside of the box, there is always a way to better yourself and opening up more oppurtunities is never a bad thing. Basically Giantsgall adds far more flexibility then Ifrit/Moogle.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Almalexia Indoril
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Your accessory slots are a lot more flexible than the weapon slot.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Mogfists all the way if you aren't going to be using GC gear.

Mogfists > Ifrits as well. You can wear a +30 Atk necklace. But you can't wear a +30 Accuracy Necklace.

So yeah, basicially Relic>Garuda>GC(with gear bonus)>Moogle>Ifrit>Skirmish
    (0)
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Ellunavi Sevald
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    Mogfists all the way if you aren't going to be using GC gear.

Mogfists > Ifrits as well. You can wear a +30 Atk necklace. But you can't wear a +30 Accuracy Necklace.

So yeah, basicially Relic>Garuda>GC(with gear bonus)>Moogle>Ifrit>Skirmish

I would be extremely interested as to which fight you are having trouble hitting anything on, even when I had cobalt weapons I have yet to parse below 90% on any end game boss , even garuda.

Id say its easily Relic > GC > Garuda > Giantsgall > Ifrit > Moogle.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavieh View Post
    I would be extremely interested as to which fight you are having trouble hitting anything on, even when I had cobalt weapons I have yet to parse below 90% on any end game boss , even garuda.

Id say its easily Relic > GC > Garuda > Giantsgall > Ifrit > Moogle.
    I would be interested to know what your accuracy is, and what damage modifying stats you are missing to get your accuracy. It's true that Monk has natually high accuracy WS's, but if you're under 95% then you're too low. (Aim for 100%)

Unless your accuracy is 95-100%, then accuracy>damage
    Ifrits Claws + Explorer's Choker(Atk + 30, Acc +15)
    Moogle Fists + HQ Electrum Choker (Atk + 30, Acc +30)

Don't forget that DPS is a damage modifier as well.
    Relic>Garuda>GC(With 5 Piece Bonus)
    (0)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 09-13-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Ellunavi Sevald
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    I would be interested to know what your accuracy is, and what damage modifying stats you are missing to get your accuracy. It's true that Monk has natually high accuracy WS's, but if you're under 95% then you're too low. (Aim for 100%)

Unless your accuracy is 95-100%, then accuracy>damage
    Ifrits Claws + Explorer's Choker(Atk + 30, Acc +15)
    Moogle Fists + HQ Electrum Choker (Atk + 30, Acc +30)

Don't forget that DPS is a damage modifier as well.
    Relic>Garuda>GC(With 5 Piece Bonus)
    I've Monked Garuda a few times, which I would never do again, and my accuracy was ~93%. Accuracy is not an issue at all and my bad Relic > Garuda > GC is correct ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I love Monk on Garuda. Easily a very strong asset to the fight.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2