Character
    Dexterity Jones
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 57

A Twin Adder monk

Hello folks;

So long story short, I enjoy monk however its my least geared job because it tends to be the least played, I only ever really use it last boss fight for AV.

That being said, I have a ton of grand company seals, both from caravans and working on achievement and as such I'll be snagging the last rank today when I get home.

So, I really just want to have some fun and blow all my seals on fitting out my monk, the reason I'm posting this is just to get some feed back on what people think (Twin adder seems to be the least favourite Grand company), and make it useful enough.

Was thinking of getting
    Serpent Lieutenant's Claws
    Damage 133
    Delay 3.3
    DPS 40.30
    Blunt 100%
    HP+20
    Accuracy+25
    Serpent gear (5 or more pieces): Attack Power+25

Gridanian Officer's Overcoat
    Required Level: 50
    Suits: All Classes
    Defense 150
    Strength+10 Dexterity+10 Intelligence+10 Piety+10
    Sanction: Critical Hit Attack Power+120

Serpent Sergeant's Belt
    Defense 24
    HP+12 Vitality+3 Intelligence+3

And maybe this?

Serpent Sergeant's Earrings
    Defense 1
    Attack Magic Potency+4
    Serpent gear (4 or more pieces): Intelligence+4

And this?
    Serpent Sergeant's Choker
    Defense 5
    Attack Power+27
    Serpent gear (3 or more pieces): Critical Hit Attack Power+15

After this though, I'm not too sure if the other pieces are even worth it.
    What I have left to fill are legs, boot, hat and gloves.

These are the GC boots I have access to, but was wonder if there was something better
    Serpent Sergeant's Jackboots
    Defense 56
    Evasion+30
    Serpent gear (2 or more pieces): Intelligence+10

Hands: Just keep the temple gloves?
    Legs: Thee ole double melded felt? with STR and VIT? Keep temple pants?
    Hat: ???

Thanks in advance for your time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kin Ryris
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Hey dex :P From what i hear double meld felt bracers with attack power are some of the best gloves atm. Nice thing about them is they can be used on many classes. I dont have them yet, so i currently use the AF gloves, which seem to hold their ground pretty well
    (0)
    xivpad - http://xivpads.com/?8065522

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KiniRyris View Post
    Hey dex :P From what i hear double meld felt bracers with attack power are some of the best gloves atm. Nice thing about them is they can be used on many classes. I dont have them yet, so i currently use the AF gloves, which seem to hold their ground pretty well
    For ARC/BRD sure. You'll want STR hands on MNK.
    (1)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Player
    Character
    D'asee Pauwee
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Honestly Jones. I'd just get all those items from your Grand Company, they're all helpful for you. Now then, if you don't have a 30+ Intelligence Hat, just use your AF head and if you don't have a 30+ Strength Gloves use your AF hands for now as for legs if you don't have a 14+ Strength Legs AF likewise. This will probably make you more Intelligence Heavy if anything which is what most Twin Adder Monks are. So you'll want to toss on Strength Rings and Strength Bracelets as those are your only other free slots left. If your Intelligence is at 310 or higher you can afford to sacrifice one of the GC items (you only need the Claws and four others to activate the Claw's bonus) to put on more strength gear somewhere if possible.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Would Fingerless Raptorskin Gloves of slaying be a suitable replacement for Felt Bracers? That and Would attack power over Strength be suitable if I wanted to use the same gloves on DRG and BRD?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    D'asee Pauwee
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I personally use Fingerless Raptorskin Gloves of Slaying (Triple Melded with +36 Strength) myself. It's essentially a trade off, Five/Six Accuracy for Four/Five Attack. I also like the Fingerless Raptorskin Gloves of Slaying more cause they make more of my gloves I wear on other jobs.

The choice between those two I feel more hinges on which you feel you can live without more or what you lack more in, Attack or Accuracy. In most cases it'll be Accuracy is what you'll be lacking in, but I feel it can be made up in food and minuet. So long as you can get that 30+ Strength, I don't feel it completely matters which one of those two you choose.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    So as long as I use Gridanian Overcoat, AF pants and 1 Rubelite ring, I should be able to trade off the STR melds for Attack power then? I'll look into Felt Bracers if I can, though makes it insanely difficult not having a friend who's a level 50 Leatherworker, lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    D'asee Pauwee
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Honestly, so long as you hit 350 Strength and 310 Intelligence, that path and gear you use to get there only somewhat matter. Just be reasonable in what you wear. I've seen many different monks all with different paths to reach those goals, but so long as you reach them it's all that really matters. No?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    You have a point there, lol. Can't wait to get full into MNK, but it would be extremely helpful if I can minimize the amount of gear to wear for all 7 jobs
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by NintenPyjak64 View Post
    So as long as I use Gridanian Overcoat, AF pants and 1 Rubelite ring, I should be able to trade off the STR melds for Attack power then? I'll look into Felt Bracers if I can, though makes it insanely difficult not having a friend who's a level 50 Leatherworker, lol.
    Depends, Ideally you want to try to hit the Stat caps which if you have the SLC (mentioned above) which has 40.3 DPS you would need roughly 355 STR / 312 INT to give yourself the best overall boost in damage, beyond that you'll stop seeing good benefits from STR / INT and can start focusing on your preference of Attack/Crit. Rate/ Crit. Atk.

If you need to really sacrifice a slot for a GC item usually the feet are the easiest option to trade out for, with the bracelets, earring, and neck slot coming in a good second, a good third would likely be the body, but I'm not sure what the stats are on Grids GC armor's so there might be a worthwhile out of place piece or two out there.
    (0)
    Last edited by SwordCoheir; 08-28-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast