Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    D'asee Pauwee
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I understand that concept very well. Since you're Gridanian, it's good to point out the Officer's Overcoat doubles as a decent Bard Body Piece (When you're not Ballading) and any Intelligence gear used for Monk from your Grand Company doubles very well for Black Mage.

Personally, I use this set up for my Monk (I'm a Maelstrom Monk)
    Weapon: Storm Lieutenant's Hooks
    Head: Felt Cavalier's Hat (Green) (Triple Melded with Intelligence for a total of 38)
    Body: Storm Sergeant's Tabard
    Hands: Raptorskin Gloves of Slaying (Red) (Triple Melded with Strength for a total of 36)
    Legs: Storm Sergeant's Hose
    Feet: Cobalt-plated Caligae (Melded with Bloodthirst)
    Waist: Veteran's Field Belt
    Neck: Explorer's Choker
    Wrist: Storm Sergeant's Bracelets
    Rings: Rubelite Rings +1 x2
    Earrings: Storm Sergeant's Earring

I used to have a Coliseum Subligar, but it exploded in a double Meld Attempt. There was much sadness. With my current set up though I lack about twenty intelligence from cap and one strength from cap. Currently just trying to get some Giantsgall Claws so I can meld Intelligence and Accuracy to them as well as get myself another part of Coliseum Subligar for melding. Most of the gear I have on there also is gear I use for Warrior and Dragoon as well. So long as you can cross over gear it helps immensely in saving space. Yup as well as keeping yourself effective.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    How are the Ifrit's Claws? Considering them, but idk if I wanna use my time to collect them when I have easier access to others (GC claws OP mentioned seem very nice)
    (0)

Player

I use this :

Serpent Lieutenant's Claws

Temple Circlet
    Gridanian Officer's Overcoat
    Felt Bracers with STRx2
    Felt Trousers with STR/VIT
    Serpent Sergeant's Jackboots
    Serpent Sergeant's Belt

Serpent Sergeant's Earrings
    Explorer's Choker
    Rubelite Bracelets
    Rubelite Ring+1 x2

I'm trying to double-meld Trousers and a felt cavalier hat ^^
    I'm already at 342 STR and 307 INT
    (1)

Player
    Character
    D'asee Pauwee
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NintenPyjak64 View Post
    How are the Ifrit's Claws? Considering them, but idk if I wanna use my time to collect them when I have easier access to others (GC claws OP mentioned seem very nice)
    I'd personally rather use the Lieutenant Claws over the Ifrit's Claws. You're not only getting higher base damage, higher DPS, but also accuracy from the deal and if you have the gear bonus you'll have only five less attack then the Ifrit Claws. Essentially the Lieutenant Claws is better overall then the Ifrit Claws as their are many more benefits to using them in comparison to just using the Ifrit Claws.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessirin View Post
    I'd personally rather use the Lieutenant Claws over the Ifrit's Claws. You're not only getting higher base damage, higher DPS, but also accuracy from the deal and if you have the gear bonus you'll have only five less attack then the Ifrit Claws. Essentially the Lieutenant Claws is better overall then the Ifrit Claws as their are many more benefits to using them in comparison to just using the Ifrit Claws.
    Time to gather 25k more seals, lol. Good thing I still have To Kill a Raven to get me more when Caravans start becoming duller
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dexterity Jones
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 57
    Appreciate the helpful Discussion here folks.

I would just like to point out Faith, that I have the Ifrit's claw as well, and I think the Lt. Claws to be better, since I am aiming for the set bonus for the claws, the loss of 5 att is minimal, and the gain of ACC is worth it. (can't hurt what you can't hit!)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by NintenPyjak64 View Post
    Time to gather 25k more seals, lol. Good thing I still have To Kill a Raven to get me more when Caravans start becoming duller
    It's good to note however, the Storm Sergeant's hooks are a good "cheaper" alternative to have as well. They give +40 INT with sanction and slightly less damage and DPS. As long as you don't have a bad habit of dieing multiple times in dungeons it shouldn't be hard to go reapply Sanction when necessary. I only recommend going for them if you are having lots of difficulty hitting the INT cap however.
    (0)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    D'asee Pauwee
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordCoheir View Post
    It's good to note however, the Storm Sergeant's hooks...
    Sadly this isn't an option for Faith as she's a Twin Adder and not part of the Maelstrom, but you are correct for anyone that is a Monk with the Maelstrom with Intelligence Capping issues. The only problem is they look kind of silly as they're blunt hooks (in comparison to Lieutenant Hooks which are bladed hooks), but if you can get past that then yes they're pretty decent.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cthulhu Theeldar
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I use pretty much the exact same setup as Hamtaru with the exception of switching out the earrings with Serpent Sergeant's Choker. It's a little extra umph to my punches and free's up the earring slot to wear Militia Earring. Though on high EVA mobs like Garuda it would probably be prudent to wear explorers.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    What is best in life?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    To crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women.

Player
    Character
    Yuppiekin Toki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Here's what I'm currently working towards as an Adder (just need the weapon and hands):
    Point Allotment: 23str 22int
    Weapon: Giantsgall Claws (+20str materia)
    Head: AF Head
    Body: Gridanian Officer's Overcoat
    Waist: Serpent Sergeant's Belt
    Hands: Fingerless Raptorskin Gloves of Slaying (2 +16 str materia or higher)
    Legs: AF Pants
    Feet: Serpent Sergeant's Jackboots
    Earrings: Serpent Sergeant's Earrings
    Neck: Serpent Sergeant's Choker
    Wrist: Rubellite Bracelets
    Rings: x2 Rubellite Rings

This will give you Str350 Int310; if you wanted you could still get different pants and add some str materia to them to go a little higher or if you want to keep AF pants then you could go for 2 +20's on the gloves and Str would then be 358.

With Atomos dropping seals like mad it's pretty easy to get all of the serpent gear now. This set mainly focuses on capping Str and Int, so not much room for other stats. I would like to hear some opinions.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yuppiekin; 09-16-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast