Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80

The fish escaped...on the first jig!!!

Its really annoying that when I fish, half the time the fish automatically gets away on the very first jig.

Its also annoying, that while every other gathering class can take as long as they like, as soon as a fisher hooks something, they need to react within mere moments or they will automatically lose their catch.

Fishing already has enough downsides; needing a larger inv space than any other DoL for baits and lures; extreme low demand for what we gather; a trickier gathering 'game'; 'nothing bites'; the actual schools are not visible like mining and logging nodes--It doesn't need the addition of just random catch losses and being punished for being distracted for even 10 seconds.

And don't say I don't fish because my main's fishing is low. I have a lvl 43 fishing alt.

In addition; if this 10 second timer to jig is meant to prevent bots, I don't see how. A computer can EASILY move fast enough and remain 100% focused and never lose the catch, where as I am merely a human, so being slow or distracted for a moment comes easily.
    (1)
    Last edited by Punainen; 08-28-2012 at 11:10 AM.