Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Vai Greystone
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Twelve I hope they address this in 2.0. I've had a lot of luck with DOH leves and I'm lazy about grinding, so I haven't done much out-of-leve grinding, but... ugh, lol. I've been there, too; I think we all have,
    (1)
    7UP!

Player
    Character
    Shepard Garrett
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Grinding 40-50 is break even or profit for every DoH currently.
    Hamlet made it this way. Problem is your initial investment.
    Only DoH I'd say can turn break even or profit outside of militia items is ALC & CUL
    Mega-ethers, and buttons in a blanket are both money synths.
    Don't know about other servers but Balmung's Economy is shit right now. Stacks of materials to sell and nobody's buying shit (cept for militia stuff)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    For goldsmith I leve-whored after I'd pretty much capped on silver earrings (mine your ore in humblehearth, it rains silver there with a little mythril), then used what mythril I'd gathered during that time to make mythril earrings. After that, mine Halatali for electrum but once you hit the early 40's you can camp ul'dah for the gsm leves there and do the ones that only pop in town (While I grinded here it was very rare that I didn't get a town leve, on the odd occasion I would have to run to black brush).

You'll get a lot of 40 leves even at 45 plus, but given that you get a good 3k completion bonus for each one, it's pretty fast if you can keep to the town only leves though it can get pretty monotonous. D:
    (0)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Saien Ehrhart
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Wow just how fast is grinding DoH? I got from 20-33 in the last 2 days using only leves and I thought that was kind of fast after hearing about everyone talking about DoH being so slow. May have to grind if it's that much better.
    (0)

Character
    Arya Stark
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    What are you guys doing to target recipes so much higher? If I try anything much more than 2-3 higher I fail a lot.
    (0)

Right behind you with a Wiffle-Bat of Commonsense +3
    Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiterpallasch View Post
    What are you guys doing to target recipes so much higher? If I try anything much more than 2-3 higher I fail a lot.
    Most crafters at this point have abilities that help them advance quickly in starting a new craft.

Folks use Greater Calling, Unerring Hand, Piece by Piece, Great Strides, those kinda things. Use abilities to get yourself to 50~% done, spam quality until it looks like you are in the danger zone, and finish out the synth.

For a newer crafter, make sure your craftsmanship and magic craftsmanship gear is up-to-date, and eat food to enhance either craft or m.craft, whichever is lower. (o.O ) Once you start getting some of the nifty quality enhancement and progress skills from the crafts you are leveling, you'll breeze through the leveling.

My personal XP record in one synth is 5,451 with rest/XP page/food up. It's pretty spiffy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulan View Post
    There seems to be something wrong with the Goldsmithing leves. I have done ARM and CRP with no problem what-so-ever just grinding leves, but as soon as I started doing GSM I ran smack into this same problem (current struggling to make it give me level 50s for my 47). At higher levels, try to turn in as many leves as possible - they will give you Electrum Ingots - which you can then turn into Electrum rings for 3-4k a pop. At lower levels... I don't really remember, but previous suggestions of dated recipes sound pretty reasonable.
    Same. Armorer and Weaver I had to teleport some and manipulate all three cities at 40+ but it happened.

It's a Goldsmith thing by the looks of it. Once I figure out how to get stuff from 1 character to another, it won't be a problem. TY.
    (0)

Player
    Uldah (i picked Limsa Lominsa by mistake at phase 4!)
    Character
    Undie Nilleshna
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    DoW/DoM classes too (if your playing solo) - say you are a lv 30 - you pick up a bunch of leves, head to Nanawa mines and pick the 2 star class so mobs are a couple of levels above you (ie level 33)...but what do you find? 6 mobs all bunched closely together that you reasonably dont have a chance of defeating cos they all link..the other option, pick the 1 star leve where the mobs are the same level but for the exp you get it really isnt worth the time... I hope this is fixed in 2.0.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Undrentide View Post
    DoW/DoM classes too (if your playing solo) - say you are a lv 30 - you pick up a bunch of leves, head to Nanawa mines and pick the 2 star class so mobs are a couple of levels above you (ie level 33)...but what do you find? 6 mobs all bunched closely together that you reasonably dont have a chance of defeating cos they all link..the other option, pick the 1 star leve where the mobs are the same level but for the exp you get it really isnt worth the time... I hope this is fixed in 2.0.
    I hear everything is going to be a quest-based linear solo instance in 2.0.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennestia View Post
    It is 100x faster to level DoH outside of leves.
    I would think its the same depending on the dedication of the player. I'm sure its cheaper though but if you take your time with doing leves (like me) it'll def take you more than 1~3 hours to get from 15 ~20. Also making achievements is a plus when going to all three city states for leves.

History
    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...cicuid=1736443
    I was also working on my DoL so I can farm "Catalyst"(still not easy), I guess that's why I took so long.

Melding is the most interesting parts of crafting that motivated me to grind leves, eat food and sleep in my room when I logged(for the extra exp bonus). Good gear will help you grind those higher lvl leves if your still in your teens. I'm still not sure about 20~30+ but good luck to all you rookie crafters! (like me)
    (0)
    Last edited by PSxpert2011; 08-28-2012 at 07:45 AM. Reason: content

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast