Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyJorildyn View Post
    Use Bloodbath with spirits within for extra winsauce.
    Only problem with that is you want to try and be at full when using Spirits Within to maximize your damage and Enmity returns. Though it's still nice to use with Goring / Riot Blade.
    (0)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Use Bloodbath with spirits within for extra winsauce.
    Agreed.

My favourite combo's are Aegis Boon ---> Phalanx ---> Bloodbath ---- Spirits (good for 1500 HP in most cases)

or

Aegis Boon into Holy Succor (Spell Interupt -100% good for around 2k HP)

Outmaneuver and Divine Veil should just be turned into 1 Skill. Cause Outmaneuver is only useful with Divine Veil

You can Block an attack when you are using Cover on someone. So if you have a slow start on your rotation, Cover the person with hate. Then Spirits Within.

What both Warrior and Paladin need is an ability to get Enmity back after a death.

PLD: Sacred Blessing. - trade Enmity with target player.

WAR: Brute Force - trade Enmity with target player.

Not perfect by any means, cause it would be an OP starter. (Thunder Combo - trade hate with BLM)

But it would be a great utility for AOE tanking. Just not late in the battle, cause you would give the BLM the boss, and take all his mobs.
    But wiping cause the tank died gets a bit old.
    (0)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 08-29-2012 at 01:09 AM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    What both Warrior and Paladin need is an ability to get Enmity back after a death.
    One might call it watering things down, but I kinda wish Provoke/Flash worked like WoW (back when I played anyway) and put you 10% above in threat the person currently with threat. Or at least streamline it to function like PUG's taunt and put the monster on you so that you can try to build enough threat in that time to keep it on you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Resa Nome
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Enmity just needs to be reworked. That fact that is doesn't decay is just a horribly overlooked mechanic itself. It's also why we get the cheesy encounters were the bosses periodically reset enmity. The game encounters would be a whole lot more interesting if they had better control of enmity and could script decay rates or temporary drops or spikes in enmity.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladon View Post
    Enmity just needs to be reworked. That fact that is doesn't decay is just a horribly overlooked mechanic itself. It's also why we get the cheesy encounters were the bosses periodically reset enmity. The game encounters would be a whole lot more interesting if they had better control of enmity and could script decay rates or temporary drops or spikes in enmity.
    Problem with that system is PLD and WAR would have to fight that much harder to keep up with the decay. For example, if PLD and DD's were both losing 100 Enmity a tick the PLD is doing 88 damage AA and the DD's are doing 150 the PLD isn't really building Enmity he's just struggling to combat the Enmity Decay while the DD's are building it at a steady rate. PLD's supplement their Enmity building by JA's and Enmity mods on their Weaponskills to help stay ahead of the game, but by that time the DD's are still a leg up on Enmity over you when they throw their WS's that do double your damage. And God forbid they implement the reduced Enmity when taking damage mechanic, we all know how that hurt PLD in FFXI.

With that said, I think the current system is good enough. There's a cap on how much Enmity the lowest person has vs. the highest and I think that leaves plenty of room to build hate back up (least I've managed too on a few occasions).
    (0)
    Last edited by SwordCoheir; 08-29-2012 at 02:51 AM.

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I love being a pld when i'm in party. I can support the main tank, use my shield and cover the whm/ blm. I have the skills it should be easy with out dieing. I know Warrior have that DEF bonus trait and I think that's cool. Paladins can do just as much tanking as a War( I know because I tanked Garuda before but it was the low-level one).

Paladins have that cool action called "Divine Vail" which I believe cause AoE regen when a healer cast heal on me when it's active. I was told to focus my attention on it's counter to support the tank at times(but wasn't very necessary).

We as a community need to show SE and the DEVs what we're able to do with what they give us. I don't like defaming the little ppl but I know how to use what I have and survive. I do think both Wars and Plds have their rightful place on the battle field.

another subject:
    All we need now is Dark Knight to express the opposite stance of what Plds are(saboteur/debuff). Take care of business on the other side of the mob and support DDs. Paladin are the light and Dark Knights is the dark but highlight special abilities opposite of each other,haha!

(1)
    Last edited by PSxpert2011; 08-29-2012 at 03:11 AM.

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordCoheir View Post
    Only problem with that is you want to try and be at full when using Spirits Within to maximize your damage and Enmity returns. Though it's still nice to use with Goring / Riot Blade.
    Sure, but when constantly taking damage that's not always possible. It's great in a pinch on stuff like Chimera and saves you MP
    (0)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Player

There are two fundaments being aproched in this thread

Offenisve tanking reduces damage mitigation soo being able to return HP off of high damage numbers, better serve a offensive tank, wich explains why Cohier probably dosent see very many opertunities in wich combineing sw with blood bath as effective. That or hey values the enmity bonus from the added damage over the hp returns.

Blood bath works great if your dealing alot of damage as a tank, but I dont think DPS is PLD's strong suite. There is a reason the devs gave vit as a damage modifier for WAR. This way war can increase dps without decreasing damage mitigation too much. That being said, WAR is definatly far more squishier then PLD , but thats ok as they return HP from heavy crits.

Just an opinion, but WAR's strong suite seems to be cleaning up the trash adds on boss fights, they also do great as frontline dds soo long as they are not stacking enmity gear .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    BB doesn't do anymore DPS than normal, it just gives you back HP for using WS you are already going to use.
    (0)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Player

BB doesn't do anymore DPS than normal, it just gives you back HP for using WS you are already going to use.
    I know, but in order for it to be worth a damn you must meet two reqs

1) you must need HP, wich in turn means your SW will do less damage anyways

2) you must do decent damage, wich is not PLD's strong point.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast