Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80

Black mages. . . .

In 2.0/ARR, will Black magic suck less?

Why is Thunder single target only? Why is fire AOE only? Why is Blizard so.... useless, and without 3 stages/combo? (Ice magic is my favorite ). Where did the water magic go? And why are ancient magics (Flare, Freeze, and especially burst) so stupid?

Please fix this SE. I hate what you did to THM/BLM.
    (16)
    Last edited by Reika; 09-09-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    People are satisfied with being lowly-mages and not being Wizards. That's all I am gonna say, cause saying anymore will do no good.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    what do wizards have to do with THM/BLM magic setup?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Because mages are satisfied with what they have now, which is why no one has a high demand for change for Thm/Blm abilities. They are fine with being good in only certain fights and not all fights.

Therefore I call them lowly mages, instead of Wizards who want to good with all their spells instead of being so limited.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Thats no excuse for this crappily setup spellset for black magic tho. A group of enemies are weak to lightning, but resistant to fire, SoL, a single enemy is weak to fire, resistant to lightning, so now you have to just settle for shit damage or use more mp on an aoe spell. Then blizzara is only good in certain situations, and water just went away. You will still be a lowly mage with a better setup.

I said it a long time ago, there was nothing wrong with the AoE toggle for spells, as long as the potency was reduced and/or MP cost was raised for AoE, which I hope they are planning at some point.

I'm hoping this is temporary and it wont be the same in ARR. With TP being full and regenerating on its own plus less animation lock, its like a indirect nerf to the THM unless they do something to help them attack at weaknesses better.
    (3)
    Last edited by Reika; 08-26-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    what do wizards have to do with THM/BLM magic setup?
    Don't feel obligated to respond to him. He's just being weird, and trying to role-play in forums.

I agree with your OP.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Don't feel obligated to respond to him. He's just being weird, and trying to role-play in forums.

I agree with your OP.
    Not role-playing, just trying to make a joke out of it. I made a thread similar to this one, but alittle more detailed and all I got for responses was that everything is fine the way it is.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I wonder why they decide against classic style spells, where Fire/Thunder/Blizzard are your base spells, and they upgrade to -ra(stronger than base), -ga(aoe), and -ja(ra+ga) level spells.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Personally, I think both BLM and WHM are horribly boring in this game. All they do is cast the same 1-3 spells repeatedly. Occasionally they cast a different 1-3 spells, but not usually.

Mages need battle mechanics, not just to stand there casting the same thing repeatedly.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Obviously black mages suck, you know, considering almost a full party of them were capable of burning down Garuda within 3 minutes before they fixed her battle mechanics.

On a side note, I would like to see a little more spell diversity for them. Spamming thunder almost all the time gets to be a little dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiote View Post
    Personally, I think both BLM and WHM are horribly boring in this game. All they do is cast the same 1-3 spells repeatedly. Occasionally they cast a different 1-3 spells, but not usually.

Mages need battle mechanics, not just to stand there casting the same thing repeatedly.
    WHM's job is to cure, so aren't they more or less going to cast the same kind of spells over and over? Cure, Cura, Curaga, Regen, Esuna, occasional nuke for debuffs. There's not a lot to being a healer.
    (3)
    Last edited by Orophin; 08-29-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast