Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Why can't it be, I don't feel like using this spell right now, so I'll use this instead?

No it's all situational and I hate that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kouji Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonRegulus View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I use almost all of my spells regularly throughout AV/CC speed-runs. No they're not all OMFGWTFHAXORBBQ powerful, but they all have their uses.

Thunder combo: Most damaging, and quickest to fire off. Makes sense considering that's kind of how lightning works in RL.
    Blizzard/Blizzara: Blizzara sees the most use to finish off groups of near dead mobs without having to cast the slower fire spells. Entire line is for slowing down/immobilizing targets. Once again kind of ice's thing.
    Fire Combo: Great AOE damage for trash mobs. Most utilized in CC for trash mobs/Princess. Set something on fire, it spreads, hence AOE.
    Burst: Solid damage for a fast spell that has a relatively low MP cost. Not as strong as thundaga crits yes, but can be used to help quickly finish off bosses. So far any boss that you can use BLM on, burst comes in handy. Not the most powerful 15min, but still probably gets more use than say Dragonfire Dive or Hundred Fists.
    Freeze: Amazing ability to lower enmity while still dealing fair damage.
    Flare: Probably the most reliably controlled AOE in the game, adds DoT. Only downside is proximity to mobs. Not everything can be OP.

Therefore calling the current design of BLM/THM bad, is in itself. Could it be better? Yes, which class couldn't? If you ask me just making all spells do same damage with different elements, and having an AOE toggle, like you are asking for, is the real dumbed down system. At that point you only have two decisions per fight. One: What's it weak to? Two: Single or multi?

As for the complaint that not all elements are present or have same amount of tiers, well there's a limit on abilities per class, for balancing purposes, and who's to say they won't be added in later with expansions/jobs/lvl cap increase? They can't just give you everything off the bat. And using the argument about wizards vs. mages is just a lol concept.

All in all BLM is a fairly complex class when played right, so the question is: Is the system broken or is it the player's concept?
    1 there is basically no need at all to slow down and enemy in this game. Miser? sorry if your not killing him before he moves at all your doing it wrong.

2 Yes trash mobs no lets add a boss that if they add thats weak to fire but has add you dont wont on you now your just reduced to Thunder and thundara. or your gonna be out of mp in a minute.

3 get out.

4 Flare dot is terrible the only time you use it is to, A kill trash mobs fast but oh wait youll need other blm to do that or the 1 blm gets raped by all the adds, like in AV if one blm does it way to early. and if the mobs dont die from the flare you arent gonna sit there and wait for the dot of flare to kill them are you? no youll do blizzara if they happen to live. which honestly the only use i found for blizzara outside the blm fight to kill the fire spirits.

5 throw in a lightning resistant mob blm is screwed. Ice line has a longer recast and doesnt combo. and fire line with drain mp so fast.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Regulus
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KoujiGeki View Post
    1 there is basically no need at all to slow down and enemy in this game. Miser? sorry if your not killing him before he moves at all your doing it wrong.

2 Yes trash mobs no lets add a boss that if they add thats weak to fire but has add you dont wont on you now your just reduced to Thunder and thundara. or your gonna be out of mp in a minute.

3 get out.

4 Flare dot is terrible the only time you use it is to, A kill trash mobs fast but oh wait youll need other blm to do that or the 1 blm gets raped by all the adds, like in AV if one blm does it way to early. and if the mobs dont die from the flare you arent gonna sit there and wait for the dot of flare to kill them are you? no youll do blizzara if they happen to live. which honestly the only use i found for blizzara outside the blm fight to kill the fire spirits.

5 throw in a lightning resistant mob blm is screwed. Ice line has a longer recast and doesnt combo. and fire line with drain mp so fast.
    Obviously my argument has fallen on deaf and dumb ears, with nothing but what their own preconceived notion tell them is right. I've played BLM successfully on all major content barring Ifrit-X. You tell me that I'm doing something wrong? Sorry, my couple relics speak differently. If I have to explain the merits of gravity and bind to you, then I'm sorry, your knowledge of this games mechanics are sub-par. You're both on my server, yet I don't ever see you guys doing anything of any actual value. If you base your entire argument around personal wants and tell anyone with credible experiences that feel otherwise to get out, then you're a fool. Next time you wish to argue, please use complete sentences, so I don't wrack my brain over the fragmented mess that is your post.

If the above paragraph had too many multi-syllabic words for you, I'll simplify: Kick rocks.
    (0)
    Last edited by LeonRegulus; 08-31-2012 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Typo

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Wow what the hell man, I wasn't even talking to you.

What I do with my time is help people, not bragging about having a relic. If we are gonna go down this path.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kouji Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    oh sorry i must bow to the relics. sorry you must know everything cause you have them. cause you know i havent done everything save for ifrit-x either. and sorry it takes me forever to save up for the 30 mil it takes for the class weapon of gae bolg or the unfortunate luck i have of not getting the 2 tier 4 materia i need to from spirit binding. but no you better than me just cause you have relics teach me your secrets dark one. oh havent seen us that cause were busy helping people and not gloating about our amany relics like a biggot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Regulus
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I was using the fact that I have relics as proof that I actually know what I'm talking about, as opposed to just blowing smoke. You said I was doing something wrong, and I rebutted the fact. That's all there was to it. You're the one coming up with excuses as to why you can't get one, kid. Also, punctuation and grammar are your friend. Please use them.

And Jinrya, I was directing my previous statement towards the person who told me to get out, not you. Misunderstanding.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Obviously my argument has fallen on deaf and dumb ears, with nothing but what their own preconceived notion tell them is right. I've played BLM successfully on all major content barring Ifrit-X. You tell me that I'm doing something wrong? Sorry, my couple relics speak differently. If I have to explain the merits of gravity and bind to you, then I'm sorry, your knowledge of this games mechanics are sub-par. You're both on my server, yet I don't ever see you guys doing anything of any actual value. If you base your entire argument around personal wants and tell anyone with credible experiences that feel otherwise to get out, then you're a fool. Next time you wish to argue, please use complete sentences, so I don't wrack my brain over the fragmented mess that is your post.

If the above paragraph had too many multi-syllabic words for you, I'll simplify: Kick rocks.
    Looks liek you were saying it to me as well, but if not, ok misunderstanding then.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kouji Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    I was using the fact that I have relics as proof that I actually know what I'm talking about, as opposed to just blowing smoke. You said I was doing something wrong, and I rebutted the fact. That's all there was to it. You're the one coming up with excuses as to why you can't get one, kid. Also, punctuation and grammar are your friend. Please use them.

And Jinrya, I was directing my previous statement towards the person who told me to get out, not you. Misunderstanding.

Ok. I'm sorry. The "you're doing it wrong" was not really ment as a personal attack. I was just trying to say that Gravity and or Heavy effect don't have all that use, since there little to no Kite fights in game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    No youre actually missing the point too. So what that you have played BLM 'Successfully'. Its spell setup is still stupid. You say adding an aoe toggle for elemental spells will dumb down the system to 2 decisions, but what is it currently? 1: is it single - thunder. 2: is it multi - fire. you have NO other options besides those two. thats retarded. this isn't about how well you do that thunder - thundara combo against a boss or how well you blow up trash with fire, and that is all blm really boils down to with this system. sometimes you would rather blow up trash with thunder and single target a boss with fire. why cant you do it that way? you cant, under this aweful system, make that choice. this system gives you only one course of action. BLM is pretty much the most brainless job to play as because of how it is. adding an aoe toggle will not dumb it down, it will make you think better about what to do. You have more choices and more branches for those choices.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reika; 08-31-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Player
    Character
    Leoheart Azurium
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Not sure if any testing was done, but in XI Gravity/Heavy reduced the targets evasion.
    I don't know if this is an effect in XIV but it's worth a mention I figured.
    (0)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast