Player
    Character
    Naomi Fordragon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

best stats for a paladin

Job says Str/Mnd but honestly vit and dex look more appealing for mitigation then str which just gives more dmg.

What is the current stat point allotment most paladins go with?
    (0)

Character
    Alerith Rayneheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    From testing that has been done, staking VIT at 50 has almost zero noticeable effect. DEX increases shield block rate, but again the rate is so inconsequential, you may as well not even waste the points in it.

STR increases your WS damage and by extension, your enmity when using The Fast/Flat Blade combo.

MND is probably the single most important stat to put your points into.

EDIT: Edited for some mistaken info.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alerith; 09-05-2012 at 04:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    From testing that has been done, staking VIT at 50 has almost zero noticeable effect. DEX increases shield block rate, but again the rate is so inconsequential, you may as well not even waste the points in it.

STR increases your WS damage and by extension, your enmity when using The Fast/Flat Blade combo.

MND increases your magic defense, as well as your damage. MND is probably the single most important stat to put your points into.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MND - 4:1 Healing Magic Potency, Increases Flat Blade/Spirits Within Combo Multipliers (Capped ~240 @ Lvl 50) Largest gains to Auto-Attack up to cap, increases Weapon Skill Damage

STR - 3:2 Attack, Gives the largest increase to WS Damage.

DEX - 3:2 Accuracy, Increases Block Rate (which against anything over Dlvl is horrible) PLD least useful stat

VIT gives 1:1 HP, 1:1 into Block @ 0.1%, 3:2 Def/MDef, 4:1 Enhancment Magic Potency

Enmity+ 1:1 @ 0.1% increases Enmity Generated by all Actions. (10 Enmity = 1%)

Edited for new readers, and new testing completed. Post 1.23 pre 2.0
    (2)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 09-28-2012 at 03:26 AM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    MND increases your magic defense, as well as your damage. MND is probably the single most important stat to put your points into.
    I don't have any insight for what stats are good for GLA/PLD, I just wanted to come in here and say that the bolded section of the quote is completely false.

Oh, and here's this nugget of info since no one mentioned it:
    In patch 1.21, they tied MND to the enmity+ combo bonus for Flat Blade. Link to patch notes
    Gladiator : Flat Blade : Combo bonus now affected by player MND rating.
    (1)
    Last edited by Raldo; 08-26-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I don't have any insight for what stats are good for GLA/PLD, I just wanted to come in here and say that the bolded section of the quote is completely false.

Oh, and here's this nugget of info since no one mentioned it:
    In patch 1.21, they tied MND to the enmity+ combo bonus for Flat Blade. Link to patch notes
    It would be interesting to know at what point MND actually effects the Combo Multi.

@ Lvl 50 I tested it from 240 to 320 and at 240 MND it is capped for both Spirits Within (1.5x bonus) and Flat Blade (4.5x Bonus)

Don't really want to make a new character to test it @ lvl 26, to see how low the Multi starts
    (0)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 08-28-2012 at 03:51 AM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Sounsyy Mirke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    MND does not give MP. (That's PIE.) But I agree with everything else. Cap MND because it's easy to do so then add STR to boost damage/enmity.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    MND provides no extension for magic defense. VIT does affect M.Def somewhat but only by extension because it effects overall damage taken not Magic damage specifically. Outside of that the only way to combat magic damage is either Magic Evasion, CONJ/WHM's Protect, or straight elemental resistance, save for Protect it's hard to stack up a worthwhile amount that would show great returns.
    (1)
    Last edited by SwordCoheir; 08-26-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Don't waste points on VIT and DEX. PLDs have high damage mitigation to start with, and neither VIT nor DEX will add damage, while STR and MND both do and result in more enmity. Your job is to get and keep hate not dodge attacks, as appealing as that sounds at first.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Actually your job is to do both.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyJorildyn View Post
    Actually your job is to do both.
    Where the attack will kill you, yes, move out of the way. Because if you're dead, you're not holding hate. No amount of stats linked to evasion will guarantee you will not die from getting hit by 100 tonze for example. Therefore, it's a waste to stack stuff like that, especially if you could add some stat in it's place that will help you hold hate.
    (1)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast