Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Greetings!

I'd like to give you all an update on the progress we have been making on gathering point grades.

We understand that in 1.0, the gathering point grades varied quite a bit which made it difficult to choose one appropriate for your level. In A Realm Reborn, we will be preparing corresponding grades for each level.

We feel this should solve the problem that many of you have brought up where the experience points you were receiving past 40 from grade 5 gathering points just wasn't enough to level up efficiently.
    (61)
    Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings!

I'd like to give you all an update on the progress we have been making on gathering point grades.

We understand that in 1.0, the gathering point grades varied quite a bit which made it difficult to choose one appropriate for your level. In A Realm Reborn, we will be preparing corresponding grades for each level.

We feel this should solve the problem that many of you have brought up where the experience points you were receiving past 40 from grade 5 gathering points just wasn't enough to level up efficiently.
    Hogwash! Back when I was a youngin', I fished at Iron Lake from 40 onwards. I got 100sp per fish and I liked it!

and then I discovered the G9 at Moraby Bay
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Kit Icarus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Bah, There are many other ways to level your DoL classes without actually going out into the fields. That being said, I do not know if these other methods ( Primals, Quests, etc ) will be removed or not in 2.0.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    EDIT: Passive aggressive anger removed. I miss fishing ;_;.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    I miss fishing ;_;.
    I can't believe I am saying this, but so do I.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    *Incoming large post*

I started going for Axe of the Luminary in Treespeak (Grade V) as a BTN30. By the time I had finished that area and half of Halatali (Grade V), without touching any other areas, I was BTN50. This included completion of off-hand achievements Personally I liked that I got a quarter of the achievements (5490 hatchet strikes and about 1000 scythe swings) done while gaining 20 levels.

Will this be the same proportion? By going from 1-50 can we expect to have 30% of the achievements done, or less than 10%? Apart from the weeks of effort, I think this might effect players' willingness to pursue the Luminary tools. I suppose you can't answer this without Yoshi-P's consent, let alone some absurd calculations based on estimated exp gained in each area.

I'm also curious as to how gathering achievements will change as a result of the shift from a Grade system to a tree/rock/fish level system. This video shows us that trees have levels now (presumably in increments of 5). Does this mean that rather than one achievement per grade per region will change to one achievement per level per region (Black Shroud lvl15 Mature Trees, for example)? If so, how will recorded values from 1.0, such as the several hundred Mining strikes I have n Thanalan V, be recalculated for the new achievements? Or will these incomplete achievements be unobtainable, and new achievements take their place? I seem to remember they were not among the list of 1.0 exclusives.

Any answers you can provide would be nice. I know I spent a lot of time mining Thanalan Grade V, and I'd hate to have that all disappear in case I want to pick it up again (no pun intended).

Edit: We can cross this bridge when we come to it, but will there be upgrades for Luminary tools after a level cap increase? They're practically the Relics of Land/Hand.
    (1)
    Last edited by Yrusama; 01-22-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Character
    Mortechai Voidwatcher
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrusama View Post
    *Incoming large post*

I started going for Axe of the Luminary in Treespeak (Grade V) as a BTN30. By the time I had finished that area and half of Halatali (Grade V), without touching any other areas, I was BTN50. This included completion of off-hand achievements Personally I liked that I got a quarter of the achievements (5490 hatchet strikes and about 1000 scythe swings) done while gaining 20 levels.

Will this be the same proportion? By going from 1-50 can we expect to have 30% of the achievements done, or less than 10%? Apart from the weeks of effort, I think this might effect players' willingness to pursue the Luminary tools. I suppose you can't answer this without Yoshi-P's consent, let alone some absurd calculations based on estimated exp gained in each area.

I'm also curious as to how gathering achievements will change as a result of the shift from a Grade system to a tree/rock/fish level system. This video shows us that trees have levels now (presumably in increments of 5). Does this mean that rather than one achievement per grade per region will change to one achievement per level per region (Black Shroud lvl15 Mature Trees, for example)? If so, how will recorded values from 1.0, such as the several hundred Mining strikes I have n Thanalan V, be recalculated for the new achievements? Or will these incomplete achievements be unobtainable, and new achievements take their place? I seem to remember they were not among the list of 1.0 exclusives.

Any answers you can provide would be nice. I know I spent a lot of time mining Thanalan Grade V, and I'd hate to have that all disappear in case I want to pick it up again (no pun intended).

Edit: We can cross this bridge when we come to it, but will there be upgrades for Luminary tools after a level cap increase? They're practically the Relics of Land/Hand.
    Assuming Luminary tools are going to be obtainable in the same fashion in 2.0.
    (0)
    I have within me the blood of legends!

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Cool...

Now tell me about gathering HQs in ARR please. :3
    (1)

9. 01-22-2013 10:48 PM

Player
    Character
    White Demon
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    Cool...

Now tell me about gathering HQs in ARR please. :3
    Yes plz, I'm undereducated in this area and would like to be properly schooled.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortechai View Post
    Assuming Luminary tools are going to be obtainable in the same fashion in 2.0.
    Right. There's always a chance they'll scrap the achievement method and put a bunch of quests in for the Luminaries.

But like I said, the achievements related to Gathering were not on the list of discontinued content. I know that list was subject to change, but it never hurts to ascertain the situation. Knowledge is power
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast