Player
    Character
    Wynton Tomoken
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90

Ul'dahn Officer's Overcoat VS Wizard's Coat

I've been searching through a variety of forums and can't seem to come within a clear answer... which do you, fellow forum mates of the lodestone, feel is more superior and why? If you need to see stats again:

Ul'dahn Officer's Overcoat: 150 DEF, +10 VIT, +10 MND, +10 INT, +10 PIE, Sanction: Magic Accuracy +15

Wizard's Coat: 117 DEF, +6 INT, +7 Attack Magic Potency, +1 Magic Accuracy, Enhances Excruciate

Thanks for your positive opinions and for your time!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Overcoat: +10 INT, Magic Accuracy +15 (with Sanction)
    Coat: +6 Int, +7 Attack Magic Potency, +1 Magic Accuracy, Enhances Excruciate

(The Enhances Excruciate gives a nice bonus (or breaks the limit) when using excruciate with a critical attack).

Without sanction on, the +7 Attack Magic Potency is better than the the +3 INT that the Overcoat would grant you. So if you are in a situation where you know you will die and not be able to get sanction again, the Coat is the better option.

If you are in a situation where Magic Accuracy is not needed, then the Coat is again better.

However, the Overcoat looks nicer than the Coat so should be considered ^.^;

(Note, I wear neither since I do not like the look of either).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mikita Nightsong
    World
    Anima
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    One or two seemingly popular other options:

Militia Robe: 120 Defense, MP +30, INT +15, MND +15, Magic Evasion +10
    Storm Segeant's Bliaud (for Maelstrom GC): 117 Defense, INT +8, MND +8, Magic Accuracy +10

I don't really know how the numbers work out, but both of these may be worth considering over the AF coat?

The Militia Robe may be the better choice if your M.Acc is good, but the Bliaud's M.Acc +10 could be important since missing equals zero.

Edit: I'm sorry. My post probably wasn't helpful to the OP because of the different Grand Company. And the Militia Robe is an uncommon hamlet drop. But I guess I'll leave my post in case anyone else can use the Maelstrom Bliaud.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mikita; 08-22-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ryujin Ketu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Honestly...the Ul'dah Officers Coat > Wizards Overcoat...+10 INT, MND, PIE +15 MACC with sanction? I don't think there is even a question honestly :x More INT and MACC ftw (even the 10 MND adds like 3-4 MACC by its self) the higher defense and 10 VIT is just bonus. just my .02^^
    (0)

Player

Also, you can receive a nice stat bonus when pairing the Ul'dah Officer's Coat with other Flame equipment:

Flame Sergeant's Bracelets: MP +15 (+7 int with 3 or more pieces)
    Flame Sergeant's Targe: HP +60 Magic Evasion +10 (+7 int with 4 or more pieces)
    Flame Sergeant's Choker: Attack Magic Potency +20 (Magic Crit Potency +15) not the best piece of equipment for that slot but allows for the stat bonus to take affect.*

*Also can substitute in Ul'dahn Officer's Cap: MP: +30 HP: +30 Magic Crit Rate: +25 (40 int with sanction)
    (1)
    Last edited by BiggLethal; 08-23-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Player

Too easy, Go with the Ul'dahn overcoat. IF your not a Flamer than I suggest Militia Robe
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Overcoat + GC gear is pretty boss.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.