Player
    Character
    Agilo Sur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvano View Post
    Really hate to be this guy, but the last 5 or so threads are all about gear, caps, stats, and weapons.
    Like Kagato said, the last 5 threads have very conflicting and often outdated info. Nothing more dangerous then bad (in this case old) data.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chie Kaisuri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Storm Lt Trident
    Tort Scale Mail with a total of 37 PIE
    Scarlet Sash
    Felt trousers with +20 STR (Until I get the paints with PIE in them. This is leftovers from WAR)
    Cobalt Sollerets
    Felt Bracers +23 STR
    Storm Earring
    Storm Bracelet
    Electrum Necklace
    Rubelite Ring +1 x2
    Stuffed Cabbage
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silvano Conri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    With the Storm Lt, you only need 338/300. If you want to be anal, those numbers may be off 5 points or so. After that, pump Attack Power.

Giant compilation of everything we know thus far, with links included. IF you don't trust these testers, figure it out yourself.

Edit: As for stat caps, well. There's a link somewhere to a spreadsheet that has it all laid out for you, and since I know the people who did the work, and I've seen the results in-game, well, I trust it. With Ifrit's Harpoon and 330/302, I outDPS monks on miser 8/10 times, and am in the top 2 9/10 times.

Ifrit: 330/300
    Garuda: 350/310
    Gae Bolg: 380/325
    These are rough estimates, if you want the exact numbers do your own testing; I count myself lucky I know them.
    (3)
    Last edited by Silvano; 08-23-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Liquid Felix
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Due to no THF being in the game in which i was sad about i decided to go end game DRG.now here is my opinion in what you should be wearing as a DRG. Im am going to start off by saying DRG hands,body and legs should be a combination between double melded gear/ GC gear. I have seen some DRG wear 5 peices of GC gear to get the full effect of all the GC gear at once.Now my GC is Limsa,and i decided to only wear 3 GC peices of armor which are 1)Storm Sergeants Hose 2)Storm Sergeant's Earrings 3)Storm Sergeant's Bracelets. I am currently trying to double meld a Tortoisescale Mail+ 1(Maximum of +47PIE) and have failed twice already,id be happy settling with 40+ on the body.Now the best body out currently imo is the Darksteele Haubergeon but being that is so dam pricey n expensive even the materials cost more than the armor that i wouldnt bother attempting the double meld on that peice unless u have a great amount of gil to spend after each failed double meld\triple meld.As for my hands i am wearing Cobalt Mittens(maximum of STR+43) but mine are STR+37 which is close enough.Some ppl use Felt Bracers but imo i wouldnt waste the time,the Cobalt already has STR+3 on it before the melding process so why not.As for DRG Feet&Head dont bother getting melded gear as Darklight Armor is the best for DRG at this moment.As for DRG weapon aside from most using the Ifrit Polearm,which has att+30 and fire resistance+10 i think,its 2nd highest dmg polearm at 151 i think.if u want att+ then go for it,as for me i have some gear thats att+ in the jewelry department along with 2 Rubelite Rings+1 thateach give STR+18 for a total of STR+36.i did not use ifrit polearm for my main weapon instead i currenly have a Giantstale Trident(drop from Skirmish) with a lvl3 STR+15 meld.i am aiming to double meld this with STR+30 something overall.You can put either double meld STR or PIE or a combination of both on the weapon so its ur choice.Overall i went with base stats as my focus was STR+>>PIE+>>att+.My STR currently without food and all the gear that i mentioned above and aside from the double melds i havent finished yet i am at STR377 and PIE 276.When my double melded gear process and Darklight Armor and everythin is all set ill be at STR420 PIE318 ^^.hope this helps my friend
    (0)
    Last edited by Liquid; 08-23-2012 at 04:09 AM.

5. 08-23-2012 04:17 AM

Player
    Character
    Liquid Felix
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidonoidon_Sur View Post
    I keep hearing conflicting info on gearing...Apparently stat caps change depending on weapon damage or DPS. I have no idea what to gear for anymore. I use Giantsgall currently with +16 STR and hit (350 STR) with food and just shy of 310 PIE, but people telling me with Giants you don't need that high of stats....don't know what to believe anymore.
    imo my friend all the nonsense in the forums of "stat caps" and etc currently means nothing to me,i will go all out on base stats as much as i can because sooner or later the level cap is going to increase anyways,i honestly read 1 sentence in the forums in regarding "stat cap" and i clicked out the page.its an opinion based on experiments by others currently but,everyone experimenting and everyone who is not knows that the level cap is going to increase sooner or later
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chie Kaisuri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    With the Storm Lt, you only need 338/300. If you want to be anal, those numbers may be off 5 points or so. After that, pump Attack Power.

Giant compilation of everything we know thus far, with links included. IF you don't trust these testers, figure it out yourself.

Edit: As for stat caps, well. There's a link somewhere to a spreadsheet that has it all laid out for you, and since I know the people who did the work, and I've seen the results in-game, well, I trust it. With Ifrit's Harpoon and 330/302, I outDPS monks on miser 8/10 times, and am in the top 2 9/10 times.

These are rough estimates, if you want the exact numbers do your own testing; I count myself lucky I know them.
    Could I trouble you for the "anal" stats? I want to make sure I hit the true caps before I pile on +ATK. I have no intention of getting Garuda's beak since many people here have said the Storm Lt Trident is equal to or better than Garuda's Beak.

Now if that's absolutely, positively, 100% false, please let me know now.

I do intend to go after Gae Bolg, but not anytime soon. I'd rather get my DRG at the best stats possible for a Storm Trident.

Based on my current stats, I'd be at exactly 338STR and 293(300 w/ food)PIE. But if I need more, I need to know now since I still can change some gear around, such as my pants and jewelry.
    (0)

Character
    N'aivir Alexaire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I get to 352/295 with food, one triple meld, one double meld and one single meld. No GC gear. With DL Caligae i'd hit 310 PIE. My gear is:

DL Eyepatch (no STR or PIE)
    Darksteel Haub +1 with 25 PIE (single meld)
    Felt Bracers +1 with 50 STR (triple meld)
    Raptorskin Subligar with 15 PIE (double meld), Militia Sub is even better if u can get it with 5 more PIE and some Crit
    Explorer's Moccasins (no STR or PIE), again Darklight is kind of needed here if you don't have lots of PIE on body
    Explorer's Belt (no STR or PIE)
    HQ STR+18 Ringsx2
    HQ STR+4 Bracelets
    7 more PIE from Jerked Beef
    Ear and neck is Attack/Accuracy
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silvano Conri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    Could I trouble you for the "anal" stats? I want to make sure I hit the true caps before I pile on +ATK. I have no intention of getting Garuda's beak since many people here have said the Storm Lt Trident is equal to or better than Garuda's Beak.

Now if that's absolutely, positively, 100% false, please let me know now.

I do intend to go after Gae Bolg, but not anytime soon. I'd rather get my DRG at the best stats possible for a Storm Trident.

Based on my current stats, I'd be at exactly 338STR and 293(300 w/ food)PIE. But if I need more, I need to know now since I still can change some gear around, such as my pants and jewelry.
    I just meant they may not be exact; in fact, I don't think anyone can be truly exact ^^; What we know is what I already shared:
    Ifrit: 330/300 (328/292 by my cohort's testing)

Gear being the way it is and testing being the way it is, you'd probably be okay at 346/307 on Garuda's Beak, etc. Just saying it would be rather difficult to know the exact caps. A different cohort tried to make an algorithm for it so we know all weapon caps, and the closest we can get is 338/300 on the Lt. Spear. With the high base damage and attack power buff without needing 5 flame pieces, (on paper) the best spear in the game next to Gae Bolg is the Flame Lieutenant's Spear, but by such a slim margin I doubt it would be noticed that one was better or worse than the other. If you could squeeze out 338/300 and be using the explorer's ring, its definitely better because you get that extra 15 attack power.

I would really just stick to Ifrit's; I converted several members of my LS and server already after seeing my results in-game, just as I was converted by my friend showing me how much damage he did more than the next guy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rauban Daz
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv View Post
    I get to 352/295 with food, one triple meld, one double meld and one single meld. No GC gear. With DL Caligae i'd hit 310 PIE. My gear is:

DL Eyepatch (no STR or PIE)
    Darksteel Haub +1 with 25 PIE (single meld)
    Felt Bracers +1 with 50 STR (triple meld)
    Raptorskin Subligar with 15 PIE (double meld), Militia Sub is even better if u can get it with 5 more PIE and some Crit
    Explorer's Moccasins (no STR or PIE), again Darklight is kind of needed here if you don't have lots of PIE on body
    Explorer's Belt (no STR or PIE)
    HQ STR+18 Ringsx2
    HQ STR+4 Bracelets
    7 more PIE from Jerked Beef
    Ear and neck is Attack/Accuracy
    just a small tip to increase ur Pie higher
    1-Get rid of the STR ring get a PIE ring HQ
    2-get rid of that subligar its not helping much btw
    3-try to double meld a 8/8 or more no less STR/VIT or STR/DEX to Felt kecks or gaskins
    and u would get 350 STR - 302 Piety

that would close u off to caps
    but am seeing alot of Crit rate gears hmmmm why? i mean dont u get some troubles with bosses with acc?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shadow Cadja
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

Funny that in the link you posted those are clearly for ifrit weapons, since is based on the tests both seiken and kaeko did, can you provide the raw data your friends/testers confirming all those caps for the different weapons?

Also with my gear and food i get 369 str and 314 pie and when i passed from garudas beak to gae bolg i didnt really see that much of a difference on ws dmg, as your caps suggest i should have, except for crits.
    oh and if i use paragons crowns over DL eyepatch i get 379 str and 324 pie, from the very small test i did and actually just eyeballed t one, didnt see much difference in ws dmg, need to test more though to be sure.

So would just like to see those raw data to be sure of those caps you listed {If you would be so kind.}
    (3)
    Dreadnought ~ http://dn.guildwork.com/

"If you want something, don't ask for it. Go out and win it, do that and you will succeed!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast