Player
    Character
    Tsukasa Molkot
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70

Optimization

I've seen a couple of threads with similar topic's, but noone has been as specific as I'd like.

I'd like to know what the BEST / OPTIMUM gear is for a BLM lvl 50 endgame for INT and AMP. You can list two different set's if you need to, for optimization.

Thank You very much, I am a new level 50 who'd like to jump into endgame and pickup best in slot pieces as i go. I have heard about this relic weapon, and im currently working towrads that.

And please dont disregard my thread, as I previously stated, noone has been so indept where I wouldn't need to repost a similar topic, at least none that I've read.

I'm Gradinian, if that helps. Also, could you link which materia to meld to which item. I know that I'm asking for alot, but I'm very much interested in optimizing my character, and yes I do read diligently, as well.

Thank's again!
    (0)
    Last edited by Zulrich; 08-21-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Player
    Character
    Avraym Kent
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 77
    There seems to be a gripping fear on these forums that people might have a lazy/wrong build or something.

You rarely ever see someone openly discussing their exact gear lineup.

I too would like to know the optimal gear for BLM as I hear a lot of contradictory statements about certain slots/setups.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silent Dawn
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Weapon: Lightning Brand w/Int Materia or Giantsgall Longstaff w/Int Materia or Garuda's Van (Of course, with Stardust Rod above everything else)

Head: Felt Hat of Intelligence w/Int Materia > Any other hat w/Int Materia > Militia Hat
    Body: Militia Robe > Ul'dahn Officer's Overcoat
    Hands: Mage's Halfgloves
    Waist: Raptorskin Satchelbelt w/Enmity- Materia > Mage's Rope Belt
    Legs: Woolen Tights w/Loresman's Wit Materia > Militia Tights
    Feet: Spruce Pattens w/AMP materia > Mahgony Pattens w/AMP materia > Wizard's Crakows (I think)

Neck: Rubellite Choker or Mage's Choker (depending on what you need)
    Ears: Mage's Earrings
    Wrists: Zircon Braclet
    Rings: Coral or Zircon or Mage's Ring. (Depending on what you need)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shorty Orca
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    I value looks as much as performance so my gear may seem different to some:

Weapon 1: Electrum scepter +1 /w int materia and Gridanian square shield
    Weapon 2: Garuda's Van
    Head: Electrum monocle +1 /w int materia
    Body: Militia Robe or Wizard's Coat (looks a lot better)
    Hands: Mage's halfgloves (if you need more macc) or Boarskin ringbands of storm +1 /w mcrit materia
    Waist: Raptorskin satchel belt /w -enmity materia or Serpent sergeant's belt
    Legs: Woolen tights /w int materia (loresmen preferred over wise man's but more expensive)
    Feet: Mahogany pattens /w matt materia or Wizard's crakows
    Neck: Mage's Choker (for more macc and crit) or Spinel choker +1
    Ears: Mage's earrings
    Wrists: Zircon Bracelet +1
    Rings: Black pearl rings +1 or Zircon rings +1

Those I listed should be quite readily attainable apart from Garuda's Van and Militia robe. Aim for double melds especially when doing int.

I would aim for the following stats (unbuffed):
    460+ matt
    450+ macc
    360+ int
    -20 enmity

Those are you main damage-based stats. Some hp gear wouldn't hurt as well to help you survive big attacks and slightly better conversions ^_^

And btw, you'll be staring at your character for many hours, might as well make it look good too...
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Avraym Kent
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 77
    Thank you two for sharing
    (0)

Player

just a quick question, seen a lot of blms with electrum scepter +1 melded, any reason for that over lightning brand for lightning chain?

just curious, excuse my ignorance
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silent Dawn
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    The magic accuracy, probably.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alkimi Asura
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    If you do a lot of dungeon raids I'd also consider using Fire Materia over AMP materia with your Spruce Pattens. Then just switch to wizard's crackows or w/e you have for boss fights.
    (0)

Player

I would like to make a couple of additional notes:

BELT: If you have a good tank as well as all your enmity- abilities. You shouldnt have an enmity issue. It is this reason I go with a triple melded MP raptorskin belt (MP+100ish) over the enmity- belt. This also means more MP per tick MP regeneration. Manathirst IV materia is cheap as hell, it will take quite a few tries to get a triple meld but it is still affordable.

FEET: Double melded Hell's Fist Spruce pattens are your goal here. Use AF feet until you get them. Double (even 2x IIIs) will always be better than your AF feet whether casting fire or thunder.

Head: You def want INT melded here. Use a felt cav hat or a felt hat of intellegence. The felt hat of int has 1 more INT and looks a lot better BUT I still perfer my felt cav hat because my monk can wear it. There are 3 realistic melding options... III>III ; III>IV ; IV>IV & III>III>IV.... I would go for a III>IV at minimum.

WEAPON: : You want 2 weapons. 1 for boss/thunder fights and another for dungeon raids. For the dungeon raids (using fire) you want an AMP weapon. For this I find it best to just use the Sergeant's Crudgel (AMP+60 with sanction). For your other main weapon you want to meld INT onto an electrum scepter (+1 helps). Same melding options as the hat, get as much as you can though!

NECK: For dungeons use Rubellite Choker +1 to boost your fire and use Mage's Choker for thunder/boss fights. Spinel Choker+1 should never really be used unless your casting thunders on lower evasion mobs. You have to remember that AMP & LAMP will not add damage to thundara, only thunder... so the added magic accuracy from Mage's Choker will usually take your damage higher than the Spinel Choker on higher evasion mobs.

BODY Militia Robe unless your a flamer

Most of the other stuff is pretty common sense or has been touched on above.
    (4)

Character
    Denmo Mcstronghuge
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    This is good stuff. I'll take it into account when gearing my BLM!
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast