Player
    Character
    Please Relax
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60

La Noscea - Only two grade 5 spearfishing nodes?

According to the map on disciplesoftheland these are the two grade 5 nodes for spear fishing. Does anyone know why I can't harvest from these now? I exhausted the one on the left and the right. Now, neither of them will let me spear fish at all. Is there a third that is not listed? Please help me, I'm trying to get the achievement for 500 times.

(0)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    There has never been a third, just like some areas only have a single offhand gathering node to their name.

There are 2 ways that you can cope with this:

1) Find another node somewhere else, be it school of fish or spearfishing node, and run back and forth.

or

2) Alternate fishing from the lake and spearfishing. Node1>water>node2>water. It should reset the spearfishing nodes if you keep doing that sequence. of course at least 1 of the spearfishing nodes must not be depleted for the pattern to work. To reset it, refer to option 1 above.
    (1)
    Last edited by Duuude007; 08-21-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    #2) I'm told that free-fishing won't reset a spearfishing point.

#3) Get leves. Spearfish1, Spearfish2, pop leve and fish one school, spearfish 1, spearfish 2, etc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Duuude007 View Post
    2) Alternate fishing from the lake and spearfishing. Node1>water>node2>water. It should reset the spearfishing nodes if you keep doing that sequence. of course at least 1 of the spearfishing nodes must not be depleted for the pattern to work. To reset it, refer to option 1 above.
    I am amazed that this worked but it really helped me out. Thanks for the tip, never would have tried that myself since it seems completely counterintuitive.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jacien Visenad
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Bumping for the folks that are grinding for the achievement like me. La Noscea is the only region with only two spearfishing points in Grade 5. The other two have 3.

There are in fact only 2, which kinda sucks. But there is a way around it, but some people insist it doesn't work for them. It did work for me so here's the idea. Follow this cycle at all times, do not change it up, it will lock up:
    - 1st cast rod into the water by the west node, don't fish, just cancel and reel in your rod
    - spearfish the western node til exhaustion
    - now first cast rod into the water by the east node, don't fish, just cancel and reel in your rod
    - spearfish the eastern node til exhaustion
    - again cast rod and cancel at west and spearfish west etc...

I had this lock up maybe once or twice during the entire time. Just switch to botany or something, grab some nodes and start over. Or log off and try again later. But if you follow the cycle exactly you should be fine.
    Source: http://www.disciplesoftheland.com/fo...?g=posts&t=863
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zealotius Arkimedes
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I'm looking at a guy called Kiviak Appaliarsuk who is spearfishing with me but he seems to cast/put away twice then go back to the SAME (left) node - is this just a JP thing? Cos he casts VERY fast and it works for him and not me - VERY UNFAIR!!!

Is there no official explanation from SE on this?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NationOfZealots View Post
    I'm looking at a guy called Kiviak Appaliarsuk who is spearfishing with me but he seems to cast/put away twice then go back to the SAME (left) node - is this just a JP thing? Cos he casts VERY fast and it works for him and not me - VERY UNFAIR!!!

Is there no official explanation from SE on this?
    He is probably using a leve. I used this method and explained it more Here
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zealotius Arkimedes
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium02 View Post
    He is probably using a leve. I used this method and explained it more Here
    PERFECT! THANKYOU!