Thread: Stats

Player

Stats

let me just say im talking allmost specifically about stats that effect damage allthough im pretty sure other things such as emnity would be in a simialar situation where gear either doesnt matter or very little.

I have been agonising over what gear i should use for a couple of days now (for my DRG) and after doing some admitedly crude tests i cant really see a difference in the damage im seeing.

I tested two different gear sets one with STR at 350 & 300 PIE and i swapped my old gear in to see if i had gained anything, if i had i couldnt see it.

Then it came to mind that anything that is worth killing i would be hitting for 200-300 so in that case whatever extra damage i can get would scale even less.

I havent got any relic gear (i dont play enough) and i havent been in a party with someone who has but i suspect that the effort is no where near justified.. i feel like i need some reward to get motivated, it isnt just a show piece to me.

there are videos of some people doing boss mobs naked, even if it would have been easier WITH gear surely there is something wrong with this?

maybe i am thinking about it the wrong way, if i am hitting a mob for 200 with a weaponskill and i can get it upto 220 with great gear should i be happy with a 10% (hope thats right lol) increase?

would i feel better if i could get from 2000 to 2200? (in the same situation) even if it is just a placebo?

bearing in mind that the 10% is a culmination of 6-7 different gear pieces, it seems like the higher the end damage the higher the worth of each piece of gear.. would it be better to have higher damage scaling and just give the mob more HP? i dont know if that makes sense?

but it doesnt matter because you need to stack every slot with accuracy anyway for most things worth killing...

maybe i am totally ignorant? has anything been said about changes in 2.0?

wow sorry for the long post.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taal Kheru
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    They're overhauling stats/gear/materia for 2.0
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Will Brannigan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    1) Gear does matter
    2) The gear that is obtainable now isn't all that hard to get so it shouldn't give your character astronomical power boosts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avraym Kent
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 77
    I agree it is annoying that you see little to no results when upgrading gear.

Most things seem to be a slave to RNG than anything else (Melding/Flawless Synths for HQ Crafting/Gathering/Drop rates) ect ect

I'm sure stats and reward for effort in 2.0 will be increased significantly.

I don't know about others, but I like the self satisfaction of being strong enough to solo stuff I couldn't in the past. FFXIV pre 2.0 is not really like that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Avraym; 08-22-2012 at 12:06 AM.