Player
    Character
    Raidrien Ascher
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleyyoung View Post
    exactly what pld needs, to be able parry and use forsight with overpower would go along way for pld. also an overhaul to the cover and outmanuvear abilitites then pld will be set. just like how warrior has all tools to perform well pld will then be beast just like warrior with these improvements/ changes!
    lol I tried to tell people like 1000 times. I tried to say back before they did the first class revisions but all we got were useless revisions. They just buffed the skills rather than improving the function of the job.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Stanley Young
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofRains View Post
    lol I tried to tell people like 1000 times. I tried to say back before they did the first class revisions but all we got were useless revisions. They just buffed the skills rather than improving the function of the job.
    very true...the only thing we can do/hope for is the with 2.0 pld will have all the tools to perform its role, along with all other classes and jobs being the same way. since we are gonna have to relearn our class/job roles again this will be the last chance for them to get it right from the start but if not they better not pull the BS they did with 1.0 and just buff skills rather then revising the class/job. gonna be very bad if classes/jobs are unbalanced when 2.0 hits that will only prove that SE cant salavage this game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I dunno how much you've been playing on PLD but since the revisions, PLD has seen worlds of improvement both defensively and offensively. 50% physical damage reduction for 60-75% of a fight if you span your abilities out, improved WS damage, greater Enmity Mods, it's all pretty boss to me. And while I'm not against gaining the ability to parry with a shield equipped (I was actually one of the forerunners suggesting it prior to the revisions), it's not entirely necessary now.

The only difference now is PLD has no distinguishable role beyond a Tank while WAR can still support both DD and Tank roles (albeit they're separate now) and still has better overall AoE control than PLD, which PLD could use a boost in to help make up for it's rather singular role.
    (1)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Loony Bob
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I agree regarding the parry bit. One thing that has always bugged me is that WAR can parry against tons of mobs with just one axe, while a PLD with a sword and a shield can only block and not parry. It would make more sense for there to be a slight - and very minor (1 second?) cooldown on block and on parry, and for PLD to be able to use both while WAR can only use one. That would mean WAR is better offensively against multiple mobs, while PLD is better defensively. Then it would be up to the skill of the PLD (and his pary) to ensure he can get hate on all the mobs, knowing that once he does he will have twice the defensive capabiilities than a WAR would.
    (0)
    doop doop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3