Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynhart View Post
    If WAR can tank on par with PLD, even if they don't aim for the same type of target, PLD should be on par with WAR for damage output.
    So, better WS is justified. Since we know that DPS is used for calculating WS damage, and DPS is really close when you look at the weapons, the conclusion is that Sword WS modifiers are crap.
    Goring Blade, Riot Blade, Rage of Halone, Spirits Within all do pretty decent damage.
    Flat Blade Combo generates 5.5x Damage dealt into Enmity
    Spirits Within Combo generates 2.5x Damage dealt into Enmity

More than DPS is used to calculate Enmity Generation.
    (0)
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Resa Nome
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I think it would be awesome if we could get some of the classic skills as AE weaponskills solutions. Though the only reason I suggested a magic solution was that I feel my TP demand is pretty stretched already and I never seem to have enough where I can't seem to find much opportunity to use my MP pool.

That might change in 2.0 with what we are seeing in TP changes so far. Or creating some kind of hybrid weaponskills that require a little bit of TP and a good amount of MP to use could be interesting as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duelle Urelle
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleyyoung View Post
    I rather have pld stay the tank and saviour if u will, would be better to have a job that's sword saint doing holy swordsman abilities and being a pure dd. Not pld having those abilities.
    Considering that to most Holy Knight = Paladin...

I'm not entirely against giving GLA a third possible job aside from PLD and DRK that uses holy swordskills. Was more trying to fill the lack of a frontal AoE attack that PLD currently lacks.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line like good little casters.
    * Design ideas:
    Red Mage - COMPLETE (https://tinyurl.com/y6tsbnjh), Chemist - Second Pass (https://tinyurl.com/ssuog88), Thief - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/vdjpkoa), Rune Fencer - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/y3fomdp2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    Goring Blade, Riot Blade, Rage of Halone, Spirits Within all do pretty decent damage.
    Flat Blade Combo generates 5.5x Damage dealt into Enmity
    Spirits Within Combo generates 2.5x Damage dealt into Enmity

More than DPS is used to calculate Enmity Generation.
    I think alot of PLD's underestimate keeping Fast Blade >>> Flat Blade on cool down. Stack mind and I think you will find this combo dose wonders for enmity, Also been testing practicality of having party run close enough to tank to recive "Rampart" as another way to generate hate, when possable , Rampart is by far, PLD's strongest hate tool, super long cool down tho, imo. but yeah, stack mind and fast blade to flat blade combo works wonders.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ashenspire Desdimarnia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Rampart is not a PLD's strongest hate tool. Unless a mob is physically resistant, my PLD's 200+ damage Flat Blade will generate just as much, if not more. Not to mention I can use it every 10 seconds. Rampart is nice for a hate reset if you need it.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenspire View Post
    Rampart is not a PLD's strongest hate tool. Unless a mob is physically resistant, my PLD's 200+ damage Flat Blade will generate just as much, if not more. Not to mention I can use it every 10 seconds. Rampart is nice for a hate reset if you need it.
    gota disagree here, Many times i can go from yellow hate to flashing red when i rampart 3+ party members . the party establishing hate helps rampart, but is not needed. A full party rampart before a fight give ample space for DDs to go all out for at least the first 5+ minutes of the fight, with me using other hate abilities, after that they have to start using hate dumps , but we manage enmity well enough to get speed runs on turtle back wich is harder then it would seem considering you have 5 NMs, all capable of gimping or completly reseting hate on the tank, and golem... that fuker is broken if you ask me but we still get it done. The mobs being a little easier to damage only make hate controll harder, when your doing less damage as a dd , your pulling less hate in general , and as a PLD you dont, or at least shouldnt be, relying on dps to hold hate. soo your hate generation is typically same with any lvl or mob, slightly higher on those with weaker defenses, but the enmity pull from the dds on weak mobs is much higher then that of a HNM. but back on topic, Rampart pulls more hate then anything we can do in a single combo or action , as of right now, IF its done right, simply ramparting yourself or one or two members in a party is not gona be sufficent , obviously. When golem resets hate, one of the dds should be kiting the golem while everyone else gathers in a specific spot, once everyone is together, have the kiter run twards the group , as soon as they are close enough to get rampart, you proc it, this almost always throws me back in flashing red if not , at least red. Note, if you atempt to do this, it must be done quick or at least before golem dose hate reset again , last thing you want is your party grouped up to be wiped out by his aoe.

All in all, Rampart is our strongest hate tool, just not the most efficient.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by KumaAkuma View Post
    Ifrit Extreme with War tank. I would like to see a video of that :]
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tfS7...ature=youtu.be

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4Nw...ature=youtu.be

Set up: War x5, Whm x2, Drg

Don't need anything special for this. All the Wars were using Garuda's Screams and Drg was using Serpent Lieutenant's Spear. You definitely don't need relics and darklight gears in order to tank Ifrit Extreme as a war. Sorry about missing first 50 secs of Part 1 video. Enjoy!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Will Brannigan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tfS7...ature=youtu.be

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4Nw...ature=youtu.be

Set up: War x5, Whm x2, Drg

Don't need anything special for this. All the Wars were using Garuda's Screams and Drg was using Serpent Lieutenant's Spear. You definitely don't need relics and darklight gears in order to tank Ifrit Extreme as a war. Sorry about missing first 50 secs of Part 1 video. Enjoy!
    Haha good show. I'll say it can definitely be done (as proven here), but it still doesn't look quite as effective (like paladin seems to be a lot quicker re-establishing hate after a crimson cyclone). Still, I think Paladin and Warrior are fairly well balanced right now. You can pretty much choose your preference.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raidrien Ascher
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I'm concerned as to why the discussion is about PLD holding hate. Do they other classes not use their enmity reduction skills effectively?

Or is it that they have less HP than a WAR?

Either way I would be crusading for PLD to get the ability to parry while holding a shield. A defender like PLD deserves the extra mitigation technique. Also if they can use MRD's foresight and overpower they'd have an opening AoE skill.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Stanley Young
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofRains View Post
    I'm concerned as to why the discussion is about PLD holding hate. Do they other classes not use their enmity reduction skills effectively?

Or is it that they have less HP than a WAR?

Either way I would be crusading for PLD to get the ability to parry while holding a shield. A defender like PLD deserves the extra mitigation technique. Also if they can use MRD's foresight and overpower they'd have an opening AoE skill.
    exactly what pld needs, to be able parry and use forsight with overpower would go along way for pld. also an overhaul to the cover and outmanuvear abilitites then pld will be set. just like how warrior has all tools to perform well pld will then be beast just like warrior with these improvements/ changes!
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast