Character
    Tryst Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50

Quick n00b questions about Grand Company Quests

Greetings all,

I'm about to ask some n00b questions about Grand Company quests, but please take pity on me and help me out. I'm going to try to grind through all of the GC quests so I don't miss out on the storyline before they shut down the servers for 2.0.

I've decided which company I want to join, and am first looking for reassurance that I can help and be helped by members of other Grand Companies in the various quests. Is that possible, or are all quests GC specific?

The quests for Imperial Devices. Can/should all 3 of them be done, or can/should I only do the one for the GC I plan to join?

Same question for the quests Into the Dark. Can/should all 3 of them be done?

If all 3 of the above quests can be done, does this need to be completed before I join up with only one Grand Company (while I'm still a Recruit)?

In your opinion, will it be possible for me to get pick up groups and be able to complete all of the storyline quests needed to get the Durandal Horn in the next month and a half?

-Tryst Wildkey
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Norack Sunstorm
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    It doesn't matter which GC you are with you can help who ever you want it doesn't matter which GC you'r with. Although there are some quests where if you complete the mission with all party members part of the same GC you will get a little bonus when u turn it in, likewise there are also some GC quests where u get a bonus when you turn it in if your party consists of people from all 3 GC's.

You don't need to do all 3 imperial devices just the one for your GC but you can definately help ppl out same for the dark one.

And finally if you are dedicated and all it should be very easy to get all the GC missions done in time before the servers go down to get your dalamud horn.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tryst Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Thank you! That answer was exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate it
    (0)